PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Plaschke not a fan of Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the post season where legends are made, how has A-rod fare there compare to Brady Bill Plaschke?

Guys, why are you upset?
Do you honestly think anyone who knows the NFL thinks Plaschke knows what he's talking about?? It should humor you not upset you that a writer needs to make a complete fool of himself in order to draw attention to himself. This writer isn't respected by anyone, he's a fool, so why do you care??
Tom Brady is the best QB in football right now.
Tom Brady is the best QB of his generation right now.
When he retires from the NFL Tom Brady will be considered among the top 1 - 2 QB's ever to play the game.
So why are you wasting your time on the irrelevant rambling of a SoCal loser?? Who the hell cares about Bill Plaschke??????????????????
Why the need to seek out these mediots and their irrelevant ramblings?
Why do you care?
Do you think Tom Brady or Bill Belichick or anyone in the Patriot organization knows of or cares about Bill Plaschke??
:rocker: Make that a NO!!! :rocker:

Plaschke is a complet and utter tool. He writes for the LA Times, which arguably is the worst rag in the country. He writes in Los Angeles where they know absolutley NOTHING about sports. 99% of the writers here are ******ed.

Desperation is an ugly thing. It warps the mind's sensibilities.

One thing I do agree with: The game was very different when Unitas played. I see no reason to vault Brady above Unitas for that reason. But also, I see no reason to do the reverse.

The article is drivel except for that.

Yes, Tom Brady is as clutch as A-rod in the playoffs. Good comparison.

It's good to see media outlets are equal opportunity employers, this gives mentally ******ed people a chance to have their own columns.

Probably one of the stupidest articles I have ever read. Responding to articles like this is a waste of time. We just have to accept the fact that some people will never get it.

Since when did Joe Montana...Joe Cool...have fire in his eyes? Did he have it when, before the famous drive and throw to Dwight Clark, he looked up in the stands and said, "hey, look there's John Candy?"

Montana, Graham, Starr and Unitas were all great. You want to claim any of those are the best of all time, well, you can (although, the case for Starr is pretty thin, and Graham too in my opinion.) But, the article as written is a joke. To point out all the advantages modern day QBs have over the old school guys, without recognizing that there were alot of advantages those guys had that don't exist today, is just stupid (for someone who doesnt' know better) or, in the case of (an alleged) sportswrtier, intellectually dishonest.

I'm a Patriots/Yankees fan, and have been my entire life. This line:

Tom Brady is football's, well, um, Alex Rodriguez.

...is the single dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life. Is that guy an idiot, or just a mental midgit? Seriously, what part of A-Rod's 2 for's in the playoffs makes him like Brady? If Plasche said Manning was like A-Rod, he might be on to something, since Manning's statistics drop in the playoffs, compared to the regular season. That writer is a ******.

"He doesn't have fire in his eyes "

tom-brady-fist.jpg

"He doesn't have fire in his eyes "

1190000418_8140.jpg

nice try pal

Plasche is the worst sports writers in America...he and Mariotti are fighting to be the worst of all time. I would much rather have our Boston media (ugh) than those two hacks

Am I the only one whos gonna be having nightmares after seeing that picture? That aint exactly his pretty face LMAO

that article is so off base it's ridiculous. Hell, I hope everything in that goddamn article will be applied to Manning. See, he never knocked Brady, rather he basicaly said the NFL does everything for him. I mean really, he nearly did. Your gonna cry about QBs being protected, receivers, I mean why not just come out and say it?

I hope this same applies to Manning, yet it's funny because I've heard Paschke in the past praising Manning on PTI. funny how that works huh? People are gonna hate, how cant you love it? I think it's fun, I really do. But one thing he needs to just is acting like Unitas is some intelligent super minded freak. You know why he could tell his OCs to take a hike? Because back then there was not 1/4th of the preparation, schemes, etc. that exist in the game today.

The only QB I've seen tell his OCs to back off was Manning, each year he did that. Except the year he pounded the rock and won the superbowl. It's as simple as that. It's a lot more of a thinking game then it was so long ago.

Just for clarification, Kornheiser and Wilbon are PTI. I think y'all are looking to say Around The Horn.....

"The ancients' receivers were routinely tackled. The mere act of putting the ball in the air was a gamble. 'My father played when there were mostly running offenses,' Unitas Jr said. In 1959, Unitas' league-leading total of 32 touchdown passes was more than 50% higher than his closest competitor, Pittsburgh's Bobby Layne, who threw for 20. Brady...is playing in an era when career and season passing records are falling faster than Green Bay snow."

OK, I'm really getting tired of these cliches.

everyone is breaking records in this "era" and yet of the 34 QBs who threw for at least 220 attempts, the league average for TD passes was 17.788, which Brady topped by 180%....again, he threw 180% MORE THAN THE AVERAGE IN HIS ERA....(and 39% more than Romo's 36).

Anyone who knows anything about football knows it was far easier to throw DOWN THE FIELD in ancient times WHEN DEFENSES WERE STACKED UP AGAINST THE RUN. Passes down the field in the old days were a better alternative to punting (see: Hutson, Don)...

You can go back and play the history game....you can talk about Otto Graham's titles in the pathetic AAFC....you can overlook his title game gags to the Lions and the great Bobby Lane (who was the master of the 2 minute drive BEFORE Saint Unitas).....

You can try with all your might to diminish incredible game winning drives in Super Bowls that ended with field goals while comparing them to Montana's great TD drive which featured about 5 minutes more on the clock and 3 more time outs than the one Brady engineered in 2001 WITHOUT Rice and Taylor and Craig and Jones.

You can pretend that factoring in all the interceptions and punts that Sammy Baugh had makes him a better QB.

You can even embarrassingly mistake Tom's legendary cool for "a lack of fire"

You can quote people like Johnny U's own boy....It's fun to play contrarian....people will read your column.

But you can't come up with a better combination of all those guys "standing in the line" of history than Tom F'n Brady....

Hey Plaschke, good luck with this angle next week....we're half way through Brady's story....you've already closed the book.

Plasche is the worst sports writers in America...he and Mariotti are fighting to be the worst of all time. I would much rather have our Boston media (ugh) than those two hacks

Yeah, the worst. That's why he's at the Times. :rolleyes:

No makey fun of the Tom Brady.

Plaschke also said he thought Brady was "classless" when he was talking to Anthony Smith earlier this season saying, "I lose more and more respect for him every week." He's just a hater plain and simple.

why are we giving this no talent ass clown 3 pages of our forum???
he is on ATH thats all you have to know

If i see Plaschke on "Around the Horn" i wont watch. He talks nonsense. I'm not even going to read the article because i know its garbage and a waste of my time.

Bill Plaschke ran Paul DePodesta out of town... Then praised his replacement for signing Juan Pierre to a huge contract even though Pierre is barely a replacement level baseball player.

This guy is a tool.

He also said the Dodgers and Giants have a better rivalry than the Sox and Yankees.

Bill Plaschke is a douchebag that doesn't have any strong creditability with me anyway. I used to read the LA times and he was always a hater even back during the early 2000's with the lakers. He is the Jay Mariotti of La times even worse. The kiss a** of Manning and O'Neal in his day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back