PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Bill Belichick: A Football Life" documentary on NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB A Football Life on NFl Network Official Thread

can someone please pm me the link?

John McDaniels was successful only because he was drawing up gameplans and calling plays for the greatest quarterback who ever played the game who was also given the freedom to call his own plays from the line of scrimmage. McDaniels, after Mangini, was the worst head coach and even worser personnel man in the Parcells - Belichick tree. Mangini occupies the bottom most rung because besides being a major loser as HC, he ia a no-good, rat-snitch, ungrateful, turncoat, lying rat.

McDaniels is a good OC, he's just awful at in-game adjustments.

John McDaniels was successful only because he was drawing up gameplans and calling plays for the greatest quarterback who ever played the game who was also given the freedom to call his own plays from the line of scrimmage. McDaniels, after Mangini, was the worst head coach and even worser personnel man in the Parcells - Belichick tree. Mangini occupies the bottom most rung because besides being a major loser as HC, he ia a no-good, rat-snitch, ungrateful, turncoat, lying rat.

McDaniels is getting a raw deal, because he was trying to institute radical changes that were going to take a while to bring in the benefits. He's a guy who was giving that Broncos team a complete overhaul. He set about completely rebuilding that offensive line, even though that meant he'd suffer for it. He switched to the 3-4, even though he knew that the roster he had was a lousy fit for it, because there weren't really many adaptable players in the front 7. He got screwed by Thomas getting injured and basically missing his entire rookie season, and his gamble with Jamal Williams backfired. His first Qb pitched a hissy fit from day one and had to be traded, based upon problems that started before McDaniels even arrived on the scene. His top quality WR ended up the same way. He lost Dumervil at the beginning of his second season, and that severely limited the effectiveness of that defense.

He did screw up with Moreno and Smith, though, so I'm not trying to say that he was perfect over there. He was a young guy learning on the fly, and the ownership pulled the rug out too early.

Thomas is hurt again, the Broncos lost their opener, and Fox is already finding out that the problems in Denver are problems regardless of the coach. That team is a freaking disaster.

I forgot one point. I hope Bob Kraft lives forever because Jonathan Kraft did not come out looking good in part 1 of this episode. He seems to be a bit of a lightweight especially compared to his father.

check out nfl network.com

Thanks for the reply. Is it the entire documentary? I heard they exclude some parts.

Thanks for the reply. Is it the entire documentary? I heard they exclude some parts.

It's part one. Part two is next week.

His lady friend is beautiful

It's part one. Part two is next week.

yeah i know part one was the one that was aired. But is it the full version shown on NFL network?

Sidenote: just watched ESPN and they were having a round table game. Guess if the Pats won or lost based on a clip of BB press conference. I couldn't tell. There was one press conference where BB was really "despondent". It was a 52-7 win against the Redskins. Bruschi was 2-2 guessing.

haha ya saw the roundtable discussion. From what i could tell, when BB is rushing to gtfo out of there, then its because of a tough loss

I already knew Belichick wasn't the guy the media makes him out to be, but after watching the documentary, even I'm surprised at how emotional he really is. That was some great TV, something we can appreciate even more as Pats fans.

It was fascinating watching him rip the team for its weaknesses after the Denver loss. He doesn't pull any punches, and he doesn't sugarcoat anything.

Does anyone know where I can watch it on the internet?
Some link or a place to download it would be great.

been asking for the past day also. Would be awesome if someone could find a link.

You might want to check here in a few day.

NFL Videos: A Football Life

If the NFL Network does post the whole thing, it will probably be here.

Will be posting a direct video download link in 30 mins. It's a good download. 1 gb file. No hanky panky stuff. Just a video file.

I knew it wasn't going to happen but when they showed the front office talking about the Wilfork negotiations I was like WOW this could be great. It wasn't. Really I didn't expect them to go into great detail but if they had it would have been so cool. Also if they had shown the thought process on trading Seymour and the negotiations with the Raiders.....too cool.

I hope part two they show snow-gate and perhaps the stuff with AD and Springs. I doubt they will but I can hope.

It was well done for what it was but to be exceptional I guess it would have to be more than two hours for starters and no team will grant the access necessary for what I'm asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes