PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Bill Belichick: A Football Life" documentary on NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB A Football Life on NFl Network Official Thread

It APPEARS that the entire first half of this program is up on NFL.com in five separate clips!

Looks like I'm wrong about that. But there is 36 minutes of content there.

I never pegged Belichick as a footloose and fancy-free guy but he was bare-footed on his boat, wore flip-flops with jeans and during a tenuous meeting slipped his dogs out of his tennis shoes. I may have been the only one to notice that, well me and Rex Ryan.

Unless you think Jonathan Kraft is a liar, there was no choice that needed to be made, in terms of Wilfork v. Seymour and money:

Transcription (as best I can)

CBS Audio Player

Either Kraft is a liar or the Seymour situation wasn't about the cap.
Right an out of context vague quote that contradicts what has really happened makes him a liar:rolleyes:
Perhaps if you took it into context you might learn something, but we all know pulling one sentence out of 11 years that vaguely comes close to what you wish it could prove is good enough for you to consider iron clad.

Unless you think Jonathan Kraft is a liar, there was no choice that needed to be made, in terms of Wilfork v. Seymour and money:

Transcription (as best I can)

CBS Audio Player

Either Kraft is a liar or the Seymour situation wasn't about the cap.

Adding context, he was talking about THIS YEAR
Another comment:
"Eventually the salary cap does catch up with you"

A) Kraft is not a liar
B) Seymour was about the cap
C) You are the liar because you misrepresented that quote, intentionally

Anyone notice the cold shoulder BB gave to Derrick Burgess?

Anyone notice the cold shoulder BB gave to Derrick Burgess?

No, I did notice him slap him on the helmet saying "nice job" on a play to a bunch of players
Remember he did bring him back in 2010 training camp fwiw

could someone please pm me the link. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

its on today at 4PM cough* leave work early *cough

Well, the first episode made Belichick seem like a human being, instead of the Darth Vader-like caricature he is sometimes portrayed as.

I kind of liked the Darth Vader-like caricature. :(

Just watched it, and it is fantastic!

Brilliant program!

Bill: slow down there buddy, step into the throw.
Brady: it was right in his hands.
Bill: and the throw to Kevin?
Brady: Oh, that one.

classic.

Actually I don t even remember him having that point of view. He was a big Maroney guy too. Closest I can remember was he didnt like Sam Aiken, but facts never stopped him from arrogant assertion before.

IIRC, I was on Deus' side of this argument rather adamantly in 2009, so I can remember quite clearly that his beef was there was no 3rd receiver, as was mine.

And now we know Bill Belichick felt the same way.

The truth is, a lot of fans here rolled their eyes at the complaints that this team had no weapons outside Moss & Welker that year, and now we know the Coach rather emphatically felt it was a problem as well.

Bill: slow down there buddy, step into the throw.
Brady: it was right in his hands.
Bill: and the throw to Kevin?
Brady: Oh, that one.

classic.

damn, I don't have NFL network. Where can I watch this

please please please ..

The truth is, a lot of fans here rolled their eyes at the complaints that this team had no weapons outside Moss & Welker that year, and now we know the Coach rather emphatically felt it was a problem as well.

There are also people who still believe George Bush orchestrated 9/11.

I'm not sure what the point is. The question is, is being right about an internet argument you had with unnamed patsfans posters 2 years ago really that important to you?

Really?

Last edited:

The emotional pause that BB gave in the Giants stadium was very touching. However, the "eff u" Mason segment had me laughing off the couch! I didn't know BB cursed like that on the sidelines. :rofl::rofl:

I'm not sure what the point is. The question is, is being right about an internet argument you had with unnamed patsfans posters 2 years ago really that important to you?

Really?

I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know who started what, but it's apparently no less an important issue to you or to AndyJohnson. Here we are and you guys are still posting about it 2 years later as well. I could ask you, is it that important to you that you put down an unnamed patsfans poster for saying "I Told You So"? It would be just as easy for you guys to let it slide as it would be for Deus.

That's besides the point. People like saying "I Told You So" regardless of the situation.

But in this specific case, I think it speaks to a larger point, which is that the clips of Belichick were revealing. I don't think even homers - which even I would call myself, regardless of my stance on the 3rd wideout problem - were expecting to see him openly admit how apparent the offense's problems were and feel as helpless as the fanbase about correcting them mid-season.

Last edited:

I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know who started what, but it's apparently no less an important issue to you or to AndyJohnson.

What are you babbling about?

What are you babbling about?

You & AJ ridiculing Deus for - I assume, again I haven't made it that far up-thread - taking some justification in Belichick's comments last nite seems at least mildly hypocritical to me.

You & AJ ridiculing Deus for - I assume, again I haven't made it that far up-thread - taking some justification in Belichick's comments last nite seems at least mildly hypocritical to me.

Someone is still apparently butt-hurt over some argument they apparently had with some posters here 2 years ago. I find that funny.

I'm not sure how it's hypocritical to find that funny, but whatever you say. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe