PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Bill Belichick: A Football Life" documentary on NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB A Football Life on NFl Network Official Thread

I liked that Seymour / Wilfork contract pow-wow.
Yes. Once and for all we know if was Seymour or Wilfork and they chose Vince.

Really enjoyed it. Loved the Giants memories and the player interactions.
BB's sense of humor also came through loud and clear. Really good stuff.

Parcells comes across as a bully which I believe accurately reflects his management style with the coaching staff, a brainy not imposing physically guy like BB especially. The Tuner did have different styles for different players but from the many times I overheard him at Smithfield up close and personal in summer camp he was sarcastic and somewhat funny. Really got on Ty Law his 1st summer but not TOO much as it was obvious the Tuner knew he had a playah.

It's obvious that BB dearly loved being with the Giants. I'm almost surprised he didn't end up being their head coach.

I still can't think of any example of a professional team quitting more completely and obviously than the Titans in that snow game.

Hey -- was that Bledsoe that Kraft was watching the Jets game on TV with? It sure looked like him from behind.

2008 was still more complete. It just lost the most critical component to injury.

This year's team still has significant questions at WR, OL, RB, S and LB.

Nope.

2008 still had Nick Kaczur starting at RT. Now we have Voller there and he's a big upgrade over Kaczur, plus we have Solder for depth at both LT and RT. Waters is an upgrade over Neal.

WR is not a question mark. We're so deep that a good young player like Price can't even get on the field. Plus a huge emphasis is on passing to the TE's. Remember Brady doesn't need a true #1 like Moss or Andre Johnson or Fitzgerald. He's at his best spreading it around and he won 3 rings throwing to "a bunch of nobodies".

RB is rock solid with BJGE, Woodhead, and the 2 rookies.

S is a question mark, I agree.

LB should be decent enough. Mayo, Fletcher, and Ninkovich, with Guyton and Spikes doing spot duty depending on the offense.

2008 also had some "over the hill" players like Rodney Harrison, Vrable, and Bruschi. Our RB corps was constantly injured and Maroney just never panned out for us, whereas BJGE has been solid and dependable.

Last edited:

Is anyone going to apologize to Deus Irae? I'm pretty sure that's what he's waiting for, along with a * or something.

I TOLD U GUYS IT WAS JUST MOSS AND WELKER BUT U DIDNT LISTEN 2 ME :rofl:

Best posts in the thread so far.

Last edited:

I still can't think of any example of a professional team quitting more completely and obviously than the Titans in that snow game.

Agreed. From the stands it was like football comedy. But damn, NOBODY was prepared for snow on Oct. 19 (except maybe BB and the Pats).

Nope.

2008 still had Nick Kaczur starting at RT. Now we have Voller there and he's a big upgrade over Kaczur, plus we have Solder for depth at both LT and RT. Waters is an upgrade over Neal.

RB is rock solid with BJGE, Woodhead, and the 2 rookies.

S is a question mark, I agree.

LB should be decent enough. Mayo, Fletcher, and Ninkovich, with Guyton and Spikes doing spot duty depending on the offense.

Kaczur was fine as a starting RT in 2008, and your argument was about "complete", not a position-by-position comparison.

2008 was definitely a more complete team than the current squad.

The rookies at RB have shown absolutely nothing to this point, so claiming them is just pretending or hoping.

LB is a huge question mark. Right now, the Patriots have 1 linebacker who's healthy and worthy of being a starter.

Lastly, the notion that 2011 Waters is an upgrade over 2008 Neal is just absurd.

His interactions with Kraft seemed a bit awkward which made it pretty funny.

Loved that he's got his son involved in what he's doing. That's an A+ for me. Most important thing is family.

Love the way he's extremely critical with his players and coaches. I could sit there with him and criticize the team all day :)

Is anyone going to apologize to Deus Irae? I'm pretty sure that's what he's waiting for, along with a * or something.

I TOLD U GUYS IT WAS JUST MOSS AND WELKER BUT U DIDNT LISTEN 2 ME :rofl:

Best posts in the thread so far.

Still don't get the obvious points because you're too busy misreading things, I see. Well, that's not really a surprise.

Last edited:

Does anyone have this somewhere I can download?

Agreed. From the stands it was like football comedy. But damn, NOBODY was prepared for snow on Oct. 19 (except maybe BB and the Pats).

Tom's comments on how he loves the snow.
"If it's snowin, Tommy's throwin'!

Robert and Jonathan both seem awkward, Jonathan especially so.

The "Brady is going to have huge fantasy numbers" line was cringe-worthy.

His interactions with Kraft seemed a bit awkward which made it pretty funny.

Loved that he's got his son involved in what he's doing. That's an A+ for me. Most important thing is family.

Love the way he's extremely critical with his players and coaches. I could sit there with him and criticize the team all day :)

There's the Parcells kind of criticism where you just intimidate and tear people down and the kind where you say WE ALL need to work harder to find ways to make this totally unacceptable performance better.

Last edited:

RIP Myra - tough to see her in some of the shots - must be tough for the Krafts....

Anyone have the scoop on where one can watch this if they missed the original airing? I do not think it is online yet. Thanks.

It's airing again at 1am and 2am and at 4pm tomorrow. I don't know if that helps. I don't have NFLN at home so I didn't get to see it tonight, but we have it at work, so I'm hoping my last hour is going to be really slow and quiet tomorrow.

Yes. Once and for all we know if was Seymour or Wilfork and they chose Vince.

I missed this bit...could anybody offer a summary?

There the Parcells kind of criticism where you just tear people down and the kind where you say WE ALL need to work harder to find ways to make this totally unacceptable performance better.

Both types of criticism work. It depends on the individual and what type of criticism gets the point across to that individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes