PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill’s first offer…

The simple fact of the matter is that Belichick to the Jets makes a lot of sense. The Jets already have a short timer at QB, why not get one at HC too? It is widely believed that they each have a tremendous amount of respect for each other. They have a very good defense as well.

They are a team who is all in for the next couple years and not really worried about the long term.
If they do I hope at the announcement Bill puts a two inch stack of napkins on the podium “just in case”…

I don't see this (Jests) happening because Woody and his management(?) team are toxic...probably a big part of the reason, after not wanting to be under The Tuna's thumb, that BB resigned as "HC of the NYJ" in the first place. That said, New Jersey is built to "win now;" that is the only kind of team I see Belichick going to.
I agree with those who say that Philly or Dallas could be a target if they lose this weekend.
Problem with Dallas is "Jerruh," who is second only to Woody in toxicity.
On the other hand Lurie is a class owner and Hurts is a QB ready to win...before his style of play gets him injured. Lurie was furious after the Giants beat the Eagles; injuries were part of their late-season decline but they have too much talent not to have overcome that.

The Giants make the most sense from BB's perspective. They were pretty bad this year. Would the give up on Daboll after two years?

The simple fact of the matter is that Belichick to the Jets makes a lot of sense. The Jets already have a short timer at QB, why not get one at HC too? It is widely believed that they each have a tremendous amount of respect for each other. They have a very good defense as well.

They are a team who is all in for the next couple years and not really worried about the long term.
That’s kind of my worst nightmare.

I think the best chances in order are
1) Dallas
2) Tennesee
3) LA
Long shots
Chicago
Buffalo
If McCarthy doesn't get to the Super Bowl this year, I think Dallas is the place to be.

BB in Dallas with that roster and an owner who will open the vault...that could be something spectacular, and he'd have Shula's record within two years if he sleepwalked to it.
I really want to see him get that record. Doing what he did here in the age of a hard salary cap is Aurbachian-level coaching and GM'ing.

Falcons. Arthur Blank is 81--he's in win now mode. BB becomes President or Director of Football Operations (adios Rich McKay), Vrabel is HC and Josh is the OC. I don't really think Blank would care how much that would cost (maybe not that much, considering the offsets in their three contracts). Add a veteran QB and Derrick Henry to the mix.

<phone rings><please leave your message after the beep><BEEP>

Hi Bill, it’s Woody.

Hey, sorry to hear Robert got so impatient.

I want to assure you we’re not like that here.

We’re very patient, in fact we’re still waiting.

Well not all of us, Tuna moved on. But otherwise nothing has changed.

So whatever you want, just say the word and you’ve got it.

We’ll even buy you a new boat every year so you don’t have to keep changing the name.

Send us the draft of your contract and we’ll schedule the announcement.

Just one thing, no napkins at that announcement, okay?

<click>
I think the 2 BEST possible situations for Bill would be if either Cowboys or Eagles get bounced this weekend.

1. Both are in NFC
2. Both have franchise QBs
3. Eagles have his best buddy Matt Patricia as DC
4. Dan Quinn will probbaly be gone as DC of Cowboys
5. Both will win lots of games next 2 years
6. Both are super bowl contenders
7. Philly is geographically close to Nantuckett
8. Philly is perfect, although Bill would have to be willing to work with Howie
9. He will certainly break Shula's record with either team in 2 years
10. Philly's Defense has great front 7

I don't see this (Jests) happening because Woody and his management(?) team are toxic...probably a big part of the reason, after not wanting to be under The Tuna's thumb, that BB resigned as "HC of the NYJ" in the first place. That said, New Jersey is built to "win now;" that is the only kind of team I see Belichick going to.
I agree with those who say that Philly or Dallas could be a target if they lose this weekend.
Problem with Dallas is "Jerruh," who is second only to Woody in toxicity.
On the other hand Lurie is a class owner and Hurts is a QB ready to win...before his style of play gets him injured. Lurie was furious after the Giants beat the Eagles; injuries were part of their late-season decline but they have too much talent not to have overcome that.
My guess is the Falcons, but if I had to pick a NY team, I'd pick the Giants. I don't think BB would ever work for Woody, and I think Wellington Mara would back up the truck to bring BB back to the Jints. Sorry Brian, here are some nice parting gifts. BTW if you're interested, there may be an OC job in NE.

I see him going to the Giants. He has always said he has fond memories of working for that organization and his ego will tell him that he can build it from scratch.

I see him going to the Giants. He has always said he has fond memories of working for that organization and his ego will tell him that he can build it from scratch.
I don't see him screwing over Daboll. If he gets fired, it's possible, I guess.

I don't see him screwing over Daboll. If he gets fired, it's possible, I guess.

It may be that the Giants know that Bill is available and they could get him, not necessarily Bill calling the Giants and telling them he wants the job.

This will probably be his last stop, I think he's gonna go to an org he really wants to work for, even if that resulted in one of his buddies getting fired.

It may be that the Giants know that Bill is available and they could get him, not necessarily Bill calling the Giants and telling them he wants the job.

This will probably be his last stop, I think he's gonna go to an org he really wants to work for, even if that resulted in one of his buddies getting fired.
And I think he'd want to go to an org with a somewhat stable owner, pretty much any half-decent QB away from being a playoff team, and a GM he's very comfortable and familiar with.

And I think he'd want to go to an org with a somewhat stable owner, pretty much any half-decent QB away from being a playoff team, and a GM he's very comfortable and familiar with.

I think he's gonna want to have GM powers too.

I think he's gonna want to have GM powers too.
Eh, I dunno, if it's someone he's comfortable with, I can see him just giving his notes to the GM. He's not going to coach for 10 more years. He needs a team that will be a playoff team this year - and preferably not one of the downslide.

Imagine Philly … holy crap. Doubt it but …they definitely do respect each other.

"Hey, I already helped you win one SB. Let's make it another."

I don't think any club/owner/FO is going to go along with that anymore.
Oh, some terrible franchise a decade away from contention would probably offer it.

Oh, some terrible franchise a decade away from contention would probably offer it.
I don’t think Bill would put himself in that kind of situation.
Watch the Philly Job, rumors here are if they lose this weekend, they are cleaning house.

I don’t think Bill would put himself in that kind of situation.
Watch the Philly Job, rumors here are if they lose this weekend, they are cleaning house.
I don't think he would either, and truthfully, I doubt he's actually interested in it.
I don't love the Philly situation as much as some others - I don't think Jalen Hurts is him, for example, personally. And he'll be a little hamstrung cap-wise, also, they need secondary help desperately.

I really feel like Atlanta would be destination number 1. **** tons of cap space and young talent - an excellent offensive line - one call to Kirk Cousins should seal up that division for them pretty easily.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back