PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big loss for the Steelers: Aaron Smith gone for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their D is #1 on D in passing yards allowed and #5 in points allowed. However, they are #15 in yards allowed via the run so I hope we will run a fair amount against them even though Brady loves (and has great success) feasting on their zone defenses and blitzes.

Last year they were #1 in run D, but we hit them in the mouth, and BJGE dropped almost 90 yards (5 YPC) on them.

Well Said/Typed!
I agree, even though Brady is/always lickin his chops vs Steeler's D schemes, BJGE could have a big day as well running N/S and Ridley runnin E/W especially TE pkgs in there.

The Steelers defense is the most overrated pile of garbage. Brady year in and year out makes the defense look like one of the worst in the league, they can't defend the pass. If teams just went shotgun and pass happy on them they could realize the D isn't that good.

When's the last time Troy Polamalu made a play against the Patriots? Brady abuses him.

Sorry, 2nd most hated team next to the JEST. I think they have the sorriest fans in the NFL, the defense is so overrated, and their two creampuff trips to superbowl wins is irritating.

P.S I know their #1 in pass defense, have you seen their joke of a schedule so far?

Last edited:
Well Said/Typed!
I agree, even though Brady is/always lickin his chops vs Steeler's D schemes, BJGE could have a big day as well running N/S and Ridley runnin E/W especially TE pkgs in there.

Year in and year out, the New England offense spreads the Steeler defense out horizontally and then Brady throws to the mismatch. I expect to see it again this year.

However with Faulk back, we could be adding a few more screens and draws to the play calling.

If we can isolate Hernandez on Farrior or Timmons, he should have a monster game. (Provided he secures the ball of course!)

However with Faulk back, we could be adding a few more screens and draws to the play calling.

i know this thread is supposed to be about aaron smith....but, with Faulk back, the offense isn't going to change. If Faulk gets on the field, he has the same skill set as the other two 3rd down backs on the team.

Well my first question before opening up this thread had to be - who the hell is Aaron Smith? It's always sad to see injuries happen but it's something you can't control. I wish him well for his career outside the NFL.

As for the Steelers, so what? They always find someone new to plug in and their system works so good, I don't think it will make a big difference for them. They always seem to be able to plug in new parts and keep that defense strong. And last I checked they still have Woodley and Harrison, two of the best defensive play-making linebackers in the league.

Well my first question before opening up this thread had to be - who the hell is Aaron Smith? It's always sad to see injuries happen but it's something you can't control. I wish him well for his career outside the NFL.

As for the Steelers, so what? They always find someone new to plug in and their system works so good, I don't think it will make a big difference for them. They always seem to be able to plug in new parts and keep that defense strong. And last I checked they still have Woodley and Harrison, two of the best defensive play-making linebackers in the league.

Do you really not know who Aaron Smith is?

If we look at the top teams of the "2000s" (Patriots/Colts/Steelers/Chargers/Eagles), it seems that they've recently all had down times with the draft, and it seems to have started in 2006 for all of them.

Damn that Pioli!
He screwed the entire league with his picks!

Huh, I see some very different recent draft histories in that group. The Patriots and Steelers, for example, look virtually opposite. The Pats hit a nadir in 2006 & 2007, which is when the Steelers peaked. Meanwhile the Pats have been coming on strong recently, picking up 7 starters in 2009 & 2010; Pittsburgh just 2. And it's been 8 years :eek: since the Colts drafted an impact player in the first round.

Pretty good analysis…but I'd put 2008 into your nadir span.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back