PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben accused of sexual assault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Big Ben Accused of Sexual Assault

I tend to think I'd be more open minded than you. Who simply LOVES BIG BEN and it hurts your little feelings someone said he did something wrong.

Whatever. You have nothing to offer here except tears for poor, wronged Ben.

Can you please let us wait for the facts? I'm sure they will come out eventually one way or the other.

J D Sal

For someone that is supposedly against it, you're doing a good deal of assuming and speculating here.

I've never said Ben didn't do it. I've never claimed that he's 100% not guilty here. This may have happened, he may have raped her, I'm not denying that completely.

But to act like I'm just being some fanboy because I'm skeptical of this woman's claim given she's only filing civil charges a year after the fact and the same sites that broke the story are reporting there are sources who say the woman was under psychiatric care from some made up internet relationship is being a bit biased as well on your part. Logically, it's hard to give much credibility to this AT THIS POINT. That's all I'm saying. On the surface, this just looks like a money grab from some crazy woman. Until there's more evidence that he did this, other than her saying she was raped a year ago and she wants to be financially reimbursed for it, I'm going to be skeptical.

Last edited:

Of course you are ::eyeroll::

J D Sal

On the surface, this just looks like a money grab from some crazy woman.

On the surface this just looks like another entitled jock buying his freedom.

See how that works? Oh wait, Pittsburgh.

On the surface this just looks like another entitled jock buying his freedom.

See how that works? Oh wait, Pittsburgh.

Okay. I'm sure a poll would find that most of the country thinks Ben raped this girl. :rolleyes:

But hey, get the tar and the torches ready. Just like they did for the Duke lacrosse team, just like they did for Kobe, ect...

Okay. I'm sure a poll would find that most of the country thinks Ben raped this girl. :rolleyes:

But hey, get the tar and the torches ready. Just like they did for the Duke lacrosse team, just like they did for Kobe, ect...

Have you even bothered to read this thread?

Edit: Oh wait, Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

He probably didnt do it, but just to get a rise out of steeler fans we should start calling him Ben RAPISTberger!! :D

Have you even bothered to read this thread?

Edit: Oh wait, Pittsburgh.

What a broken record.

And yes, I read through most of this thread earlier, which is why I posted the new info that I hadn't seen posted at that point. Apparently passing on information that this woman might be a loon who was under psychiatric care makes me some some unbelievable Pittsburgh fanboy.

Like I said earlier. If this was Tom Brady there's not a chance in hell you'd be defending the woman this much if there was a story out that she had been under psychiatric care and had previously been involved in a fake relationship over the internet with a made up person. I'm sure you'd just gloss that over and still defend the woman's claims. I don't know if Ben did this or not, but I doubt it given what's been reported at the moment. Gun to my head, I'd lay all my chips on his name getting cleared than the other way around. You'd probably do the same if you had to make a choice, but hey, Pittsburgh or whatever.

I had to laugh. Steeler fan that has never found a football topic worth discussing prior to today suddenly feels he needs to talk about this case. What would compel a person to go to an opponent's fan forum? An upcoming football game, preseason predictions, a 'who's the better player' discussion? No, nothing like that; only an off-the-field allegation could motivate this fan to defend his favorite player in the eyes of the public.

"Quick, I need to go to other team's websites and defend my hero's honor! How will I do that - I know, I'll discredit the accused by smearing her name!"

Relax; read through the thread and you'll see the general consensus is "let's wait and see." Here's a hint: since most folks here don't suffer from an inferiority complex, they do not feel the need to tear down their opponents at every chance - unlike fans of certain other NFL teams. Perhaps that is what you feared and assumed was going on in this thread? And here's another hint: TMZ is not exactly very high on the list of reliable sources - which makes the use of their site as a source to question a person's credibility highly ironic.

What a broken record.

And yes, I read through most of this thread earlier, which is why I posted the new info that I hadn't seen posted at that point. Apparently passing on information that this woman might be a loon who was under psychiatric care makes me some some unbelievable Pittsburgh fanboy.

Like I said earlier. If this was Tom Brady there's not a chance in hell you'd be defending the woman this much if there was a story out that she had been under psychiatric care and had previously been involved in a fake relationship over the internet with a made up person. I'm sure you'd just gloss that over and still defend the woman's claims. I don't know if Ben did this or not, but I doubt it given what's been reported at the moment. Gun to my head, I'd lay all my chips on his name getting cleared than the other way around. You'd probably do the same if you had to make a choice, but hey, Pittsburgh or whatever.

I hate to say it but you've really dug your own grave. This thread has been fairly even-handed and generally hasn't jumped to conclusions. Going about like a chicken without its head and shouting about pitchforks and such is, well, stupid.

Apparently passing on information that this woman might be a loon....

I don't think you know what the word information means.

Tom Brady ... I'm sure you'd just gloss that over and still defend the woman's claims.

So you can pull things out of your rear and call them fact? You must be successful, wealthy, and handsome, too. :ugh: Claims like this are serious and need to be thoroughly evaluated regardless of who the claim is made against. I'm sure you'd see the typical fanboy response, but you'd also see people looking for real information from which they can draw intelligent conclusions.

Gun to my head, I'd lay all my chips on his name getting cleared than the other way around.

That's not exactly the way reasonable people go about evaluating the truthfulness of claims. :ugh:

I understand I'm going to get dragged through the mud considering I had posted a grand total of once before joining in on this thread, that's just how it goes.

But my only point here was to pass on what I'd read at TMZ about this woman being under psychiatric care for some failed internet relationship that was with someone who didn't even exist. Say what you want about TMZ, but they often get the scoop on news stories like this, just recently they were the ones who broke the Michael Jackson story and gave the details on that.

I just take the info for what it is, and was only passing on something I hadn't seen posted on this thread at the time. I thought it was an interesting development in this story, and I wasn't looking to get into some argument over me being some crazed fanboy defending my hero's honor. I understand this is a Patriots message board and there's naturally going to be a different reaction on here than some Steelers message board, it doesn't really bother or concern me that much, it's just the way it is.

I thought the Steelers organization was almost saint-like?

I understand this is a Patriots message board and there's naturally going to be a different reaction on here than some Steelers message board, it doesn't really bother or concern me that much, it's just the way it is.

Let's try not to be simplistic. You post something saying the woman is bat****. The response is that it is a common tactic to smear the victim and it might not even be fair, you get all paranoid about how Pats fans have already made up their minds. But that's simply not the case. Maybe you'll have better luck on a Jets board. :ugh:

Well I'm sure you'd be defending this woman's credibility just as much as you are now if that was Tom Brady's name on the suit and not Ben Roethlisberger. Get real.

I'm sure if there was a story out that the woman was under psychiatric care during the time of the incident and had been involved in a fictitious relationship over the internet with a made up American soldier before hooking up with A Tom Brady or a Tedy Bruschi that you'd be vehemently swatting away the fanboys and defending this woman's claim and credibility.

So were you personally posting how Moss might be innocent?

Sorry to ask something real in response to your wild hypotheticals.

I hope he doesn't settle and allows the suit to go forth so he can prove his innocence, if in fact he is guilt free in this case. Throwing money at her to go away is as good as admitting guilt. I don't want that at all.

I dunno about that. The way I see it, it's an admission that, in a civil case, the burden of proof is far lower than in a criminal one, so even if he's innocent there's a good chance that he could be held liable. Add in the fact that the longer this is hanging over his head, the more stressful it is to him and the more it hammers him in a PR sense, and I can see why he might consider settling just to get the whole thing out of the way, even if he's innocent. If the claim is frivolous (and I'm not saying it is, but it very well could be) then that's pretty much what the accuser is banking on.

For someone that is supposedly against it, you're doing a good deal of assuming and speculating here.

I've never said Ben didn't do it. I've never claimed that he's 100% not guilty here. This may have happened, he may have raped her, I'm not denying that completely.

But to act like I'm just being some fanboy because I'm skeptical of this woman's claim given she's only filing civil charges a year after the fact and the same sites that broke the story are reporting there are sources who say the woman was under psychiatric care from some made up internet relationship is being a bit biased as well on your part. Logically, it's hard to give much credibility to this AT THIS POINT. That's all I'm saying. On the surface, this just looks like a money grab from some crazy woman. Until there's more evidence that he did this, other than her saying she was raped a year ago and she wants to be financially reimbursed for it, I'm going to be skeptical.

Dear fanboy,

You are as biased a source as Ben's lawyer.
If Ben's lawyer said she was obviously nuts, I'd ignore it. Same goes for you.

Sorry. Doesn't mean I think Ben did it. It means you have no creditability defending Ben.

You're being really naive here.

She doesn't have much credibility here because:

-- She claims she was raped but never filed a criminal complaint and only filed a civil suit a year after the fact.
-- Her own co-workers are named in the suit, who apparently never backed her story
-- According to a co-worker, she was under psychiatric care at the time for trauma from a made up relationship with a fictitious person over the internet (how can you just sweep that aside?)
-- A long history of women trying to make a money grab by filing similar suits against big money celebrities. Just from Pittsburgh alone, Jerome Bettis was wrongfully accused, and Mario Lemieux was involved in a similar situation and was later exonerated.

She's not going to be viewed in a sympathetic or credible light, sorry. You're wrong here.

You should just stop. First, no where does it say she never went to the cops. The article says that they don't have info on that. You can go to the cops, and they don't have to do anything about it. Secondly, most rape victims don't go to the cops.

READ AGAIN: Most rape victims don't go to the cops.

Next, you're taking someone's claim about her getting psychiatric help verbatim! Here's why I doubt what you're claiming. Why a psychiatrist? You're saying she was mentally unstable from interaction with a phony internet acquaintance? Or was she simply seeing a psychoanalyst? Which many Americans tend to do.

The other stuff about Lemieux and Bettis is simply irrelevant, unless you want me to mention that athletes who have raped (Mike Tyson) must mean that all athletes accused of this are rapists.

If staff members need to go on the stand and say that they destroyed video... yikes ! It's way too premature to suppose somthing like this : but reading between the lines, that hotel better not have asked anyone to do such a thing.

Do hotels really have cameras in every room? Jeez.

Let's try not to be simplistic. You post something saying the woman is bat****. The response is that it is a common tactic to smear the victim and it might not even be fair, you get all paranoid about how Pats fans have already made up their minds. But that's simply not the case. Maybe you'll have better luck on a Jets board. :ugh:

And I responded that it's not par for the course there's a story that comes out that the woman making these claims was supposedly under psychiatric care for some failed internet relationship. Rumors of being under psychiatric care isn't a common tactic or a common attempt at a smear job. You're only response to that was, "Pittsburgh" which isn't the greatest insight heh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft