PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben accused of sexual assault

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a disgrace. She is psychopath. How dare she. She has no idea how it feels to go through something so horrific...and to make it up simply for attention and extortion? Disgusting. She also has no idea how many rape victims she indirectly hurt. POS.

I agree though I will say that one thing about being bat-**** crazy is that you don't know you are bat-**** crazy. She's had a history of mental illness and strange, unhealthy attachments to various men. She may actually believe this stuff now. So I don't know whether to revile or pity her.

I think it would be great to be able to levy fines against lawyers who bring baseless lawsuits, though, in practice, proving a lawsuit is baseless would eat up more of the courts' time and taxpayer money.

I agree though I will say that one thing about being bat-**** crazy is that you don't know you are bat-**** crazy. She's had a history of mental illness and strange, unhealthy attachments to various men. She may actually believe this stuff now. So I don't know whether to revile or pity her.

I think it would be great to be able to levy fines against lawyers who bring baseless lawsuits, though, in practice, proving a lawsuit is baseless would eat up more of the courts' time and taxpayer money.

Absolutely true and all excellent points. I didn't even think about it from that POV. You're correct. She's very sick. I doubt she really understands how serious her allegations were. I hope she gets medical treatment and gets better. It's just very sad because situations like this make it even harder on actual rape victims.

This whole thing makes me think of the Patsy Cline song..."Crazy"

Once she drops the case and Ben counter sues, chicks like this will be less likey to make crap up to try and earn a quick buck.

Wow, I didn't see this coming! :rolleyes: As in my previous posts, it was obvious this chick was making s*** up. However, I can't believe that Rothlesberger actually slept with this chick.

Lawsuit: A Woman Scorned and Calculated Vengence?

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — A lawyer for several Lake Tahoe hotel employees named in a civil suit that accuses Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (FSY) of rape says the lawsuit and timing of events are the "cold, calculated vengeance of a woman scorned."
Margo Piscevich, in a motion filed Monday in Washoe District Court in Reno, further argues that Andrea McNulty's affidavit, filed last week, is "nothing more or less than media grandstanding" and should be stricken from the court record.

But lawyers for Roethlisberger and the Harrah's defendants counter that e-mails contained in the court record from McNulty to Hyder and others show she was infatuated with Roethlisberger and boasted of having sex with him.
The e-mails, Piscevich said in Monday's motions, tell the "whole pathetic story."
Piscevich said the chronology of events suggests the actions of a woman scorned
After having sex with Roethlisberger in July 2008 and telling a friend, former Harrah's hotel director Stacy Dingman, that Roethlisberger is "hot," Roethlisberger then ignores her, Piscevich said.In January, after the Steelers win the AFC Championship and prepare for the Super Bowl, she changes her story, telling Dingman that Roethlisberger assaulted her, Piscevich said in the motion.Piscevich said McNulty's suit was filed just as the NFL preseason was about to open, and that her affidavit was filed one day before the Steelers' 2009 opener last Thursday.

The timing appears to be more than coincidence — it seems to be rather the cold, calculated vengeance of a woman scorned," Piscevich wrote.
Dingman's lawyers, in a separate motion filed Monday, argue the allegations against her lack merit and should be dismissed.
McNulty alleges besides participating in the cover-up, Dingman told others at some point that McNulty was treated for schizophrenia, attorney Dora Lane said.
Lane said Dingman denies the allegation, and attached an exhibit showing the accuser in late 2008 had been prescribed anti-psychotic medications that are used to treat schizophrenia, among other things.Previous filings from Dunlap, McNulty's lawyer, included medical records and notes from a doctor who in December 2008 concluded she suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder and had suffered hallucinations after she learned that a soldier she had been courting via the Internet turned out to be a hoax.
Later handwritten notes by the doctor in January 2009 include a notation, "describes a sexual assault that occurred last summer."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...e_N.htm?csp=34

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey