PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Bad Browner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to a avoid a hit, bracing for a hit, trying to make a tackler miss or earing footsteps and being afraid are completely and entirely different things.

What does intimidation mean?

Just two years ago I heard Boomer Esiason on WFAN say that the reason he retired is because, in his last season, he took a hit from Ray Lewis, and decided that he wanted no part of that anymore.

Not sure that qualifies as "afraid of Ray Lewis", but it's as close to an admission as you'll probably ever get from an NFL (or former NFL) player.

Admission or not, you realize Tony Eason was our starting quarterback for a number of years.

Trying to a avoid a hit, bracing for a hit, trying to make a tackler miss or earing footsteps and being afraid are completely and entirely different things.

Why do you think some players avoid hits? If it's THAT hard to put two and two together then you never will.

Clearly Todd Pinkston was not scared of getting hit hard.

I'll need to check with Merriam Webster on you. You realize words have meaning? Hearing footsteps and being afraid is different from fear. What do you think afraid means?

I'll need to check with Merriam Webster on you. You realize words have meaning? Hearing footsteps and being afraid is different from fear. What do you think afraid means?

It helps if you read.
I didn't say being afraid is different than fear, you made that up.

Just two years ago I heard Boomer Esiason on WFAN say that the reason he retired is because, in his last season, he took a hit from Ray Lewis, and decided that he wanted no part of that anymore.

Not sure that qualifies as "afraid of Ray Lewis", but it's as close to an admission as you'll probably ever get from an NFL (or former NFL) player.

So you are telling me that a guy who played in the NFL for 20 years, was old and at the end of the line who said he doesn't want to get hit any more, suddenly became afraid?

Last edited:
Why do you think some players avoid hits? If it's THAT hard to put two and two together then you never will.

You mean in a game where the object is to not be tackled you don't understand why players avoid hits?

BTW ...is Pinkston the most oxymoronic name for a pro football player or what?

go long, Pinky...longer!!!...

Does anyone have those videos of the Broncos receivers pulling up and hitting the turf and acting all afraid in the SB? I would like to see them to form my own opinion.

Not sure why that applies to the conversation.

in·tim·i·date
[in-tim-i-deyt] Show IPA
verb (used with object), in·tim·i·dat·ed, in·tim·i·dat·ing.

1. to make timid; fill with fear.

That's the first definition in random House. There's no point in reading if you don't know what words mean.

BTW ...is Pinkston the most oxymoronic name for a pro football player or what?

go long, Pinky...longer!!!...

Review20+PinkyBrain+panel1.png

in·tim·i·date
[in-tim-i-deyt] Show IPA
verb (used with object), in·tim·i·dat·ed, in·tim·i·dat·ing.

1. to make timid; fill with fear.

That's the first definition in random House. There's no point in reading if you don't know what words mean.

Why must you be a ****?
I know what the word means, and do not see how it applies to this conversation, particularly the way you brought it up.

It helps if you read.
I didn't say being afraid is different than fear, you made that up.

You want to make up your own argument? No one said trying to avoid a hit means you're afraid, that's your own strawman.

Why must you be a ****?
I know what the word means, and do not see how it applies to this conversation, particularly the way you brought it up.

You made a statement you can't defend using English language definitions, so I must be a ****...because we know you can never, ever be wrong.

You want to make up your own argument? No one said trying to avoid a hit means you're afraid, that's your own strawman.

Um, yeah they did.

You made a statement you can't defend using English language definitions, so I must be a ****...because we know you can never, ever be wrong.
I can defend my argument just fine.
You are a **** because of the post pretending I'm a moron who doesn't know what the word means because I don't see how it applies. You tried to create an argument by implying there was agreement that a intimidation exists, so therefore fear does, and you failed.
Take your childish games elsewhere. Or just stop being a ****.
Its OK, people can disagree and the world doesn't end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3