PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Bad Browner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember just a few years ago when our defense had no feist to it at all outside of a little bit of snarkiness from Spikes.

This defense has all sorts of badassery in it now and to me Browner leads the charge.

No doubt Welker remembered this play and it was in his head when he dropped that pass and Browner ending up getting the INT.

Welker was scared of the bogeyman. Big Bad Browner.

74037_BrownerWelker.gif

Was that Brandon LLoyd running around Browner without even attempting to block him?

Was that Brandon LLoyd running around Browner without even attempting to block him?

I could be wrong, but it appears as though he may just be running a different route.

I wonder if Julius Thomas thought it was, and I quote "So ****in easy" dealing with Browner for a game!

Cuz me thinks it wasn't!

@jeffphowe
Manning and Cutler were 9 of 24 for 157 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT when directly targeting Revis and Browner.

I could be wrong, but it appears as though he may just be running a different route.
I think captain stone forgot we aren't the Broncos. John Fox would have been livid that Lloyd didn't block that guy.

Man has this season been a pleasant turn around. Both Browner and LaFell got off to bad starts and have turned out to be awesome. Can Dobson please be next? Edelman, LaFell, and last year's Dobson is an awesome wide out core.

@jeffphowe
Browner has been better than advertised. Cutler was 1 of 4 for a 20-yard circus TD to Bennett. Manning was 3 of 7 for 66 yards, plus an INT.

@jeffphowe
Browner also has five pass breakups in the last two games, which I think is an absurdly high number against those WRs and TEs.

@jeffphowe
Browner has been better than advertised. Cutler was 1 of 4 for a 20-yard circus TD to Bennett. Manning was 3 of 7 for 66 yards, plus an INT.

@jeffphowe
Browner also has five pass breakups in the last two games, which I think is an absurdly high number against those WRs and TEs.

Not long ago people were suggesting that Browner could be cut after he came off of IR. Another example of the "what has he done lately" myopia.

Also, FWIW, BB is clearly using Browner in more creative ways than he was used in the past. That should be an interesting line to follow.

Man has this season been a pleasant turn around. Both Browner and LaFell got off to bad starts and have turned out to be awesome. Can Dobson please be next? Edelman, LaFell, and last year's Dobson is an awesome wide out core.

Last year's Dobson wasn't awesome. Revisionist history.

Definitely enjoying the potential of our secondary this year so far. I love the offseason additions and the physical presence that they both bring.

Much like WR (although this position is obviously more talented top to bottom), there will be plenty of opportunities for players to contribute at different situations and intervals throughout the season. The depth itself is obviously night and day, and could go a long way towards making this a top 5 defense.

I am unable to find a true weakness on Defense anymore, aside from the IRed players.

But their substitutes don't really seem to be gapping holes, either.

BB's late FA signings, and trade acquisitions, really fixed all the remaining problems.

Last year's Dobson wasn't awesome. Revisionist history.
He was looking forward. Rookie WR production is very seldom spectacular. Dobson's rookie performance was better than most rookie production.

The point remains that BB accomplished his goal of rebuilding the "receiving corps", which includes ALL the players designated "pass catchers". Acquiring LaFell and Wright (and Tyms) do count. Dobson is great Depth.

I wonder if Julius Thomas thought it was, and I quote "So ****in easy" dealing with Browner for a game!

Cuz me thinks it wasn't!

Browner should of shouted "It's so easy!" after his interception.

who is browner going to line up against next week? i don't think he would be able to handle Ty hilton or Reggie Wayne, both of whom are smaller but really skilled receivers.

who is browner going to line up against next week? i don't think he would be able to handle Ty hilton or Reggie Wayne, both of whom are smaller but really skilled receivers.
That is what you have a Dennard for...

That is what you have a Dennard for...

Hopefully you're right, but multiple reports have claimed that he's been a healthy scratch for the past 2 games, and that his spot has been taken over by Malcolm Butler.

We will see.

Not long ago people were suggesting that Browner could be cut after he came off of IR. Another example of the "what has he done lately" myopia.

Also, FWIW, BB is clearly using Browner in more creative ways than he was used in the past. That should be an interesting line to follow.

Remember how he "struggled to grasp the defensive system" according to a sauce? Seems to have figured it out pretty quick.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes