PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bid to win 4 tickets to a Pats game AND a private meeting With Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think about it. I am assuming a far more affluent market base is going to bid on a lunch with Vera wang and tickets to a fashion show than to bid on a meet and great with Tom Brady and tickets to a game. One is probably bid on by the NY fashion elite and the other by Patriots fans.

Last time I checked, the Boston area financial and service sector is pretty affluent and there are a lot of Pats fans among its members. All you need is two or three people with deep pockets to drive the price up. I'd be surprised if this goes for less than $20k.

Last time I checked, the Boston area financial and service sector is pretty affluent and there are a lot of Pats fans among its members. All you need is two or three people with deep pockets to drive the price up. I'd be surprised if this goes for less than $20k.

Yes, there is a segment of the target audience of both prizes that are extremely wealthy. But the odds are that a majority of the people bidding on a lunch with Vera Wang and attending her fashion show will be affluent while regular schmoes like us may bid on four tickets to a game and a meet and greet with Brady. $10k is $2500 a ticket and there are some people who pay that for tickets on Stubhub every game for tickets.

Thanks a lot.

This is the year I plan to bring my kids to Foxboro for a Pats game, so this got my attention.

I guess the bid all depends on what the meaning of "Meet" is.

The site suggests that the opportunity is worth 10k. By way of comparison, elsewhere on the same site lunch with Vera Wang is valued at 25.

So, if "meet" means actually sitting down and visiting with TB with my wife and kids over a soft drink for 15 minutes or so, that's one thing and giving my kids the chance to do that would, to me, be worth more than 10 to a worthy Charity.

If "meet" means getting a VIP pass to stand in the corridor outside the Patriots locker room and then having some species of PR vermin take us up to shake Brady's hand for a quick "Grip and Grin" picture on his way to the parking lot, that's another matter and you can count me as "not interested" at any price.
Still, I've signed up at the site to follow the bidding over the next couple of weeks while I try to figure out what this really is.

Thanks again.

Brady won't do that; he'll spend some time with you and talk with you about anything you want. I know this to be true.

Last edited:
I will say 15-20K max

Better re-calibrate that estimate. I just clicked the link in the OP and it's already up to $17,000 on Saturday evening (3/31) with over two weeks to go on the bidding.

It's definitely going north of $25. How far north depends on how deep the pockets and how large the egos of the most aggressive bidders turn out to be. It could get as high as $50, but until I see how it goes over the next week or so, I'll stick with my prediction from earlier in the thread of "north of $25."

Last edited:
Yes, there is a segment of the target audience of both prizes that are extremely wealthy. But the odds are that a majority of the people bidding on a lunch with Vera Wang and attending her fashion show will be affluent while regular schmoes like us may bid on four tickets to a game and a meet and greet with Brady. $10k is $2500 a ticket and there are some people who pay that for tickets on Stubhub every game for tickets.

You're probably right about the comparative demographics of the two groups and that the majority of folks bidding for "Time with Tommy" will be middle class, but, as anyone who has participated in an auction knows, you only need two determined bidders to drive a price way up and my guess is there will be at least a handful of deeper pockets bidding on this, the most serious of which will lurk, before getting into the game in the last 24 or 48 hours.

Last edited:
If a few finance whales from Boston or NY with bratty kids get their hearts set on this you can count on it going well north of $50k.

I'm in the lead

Beside, Brady is doing this for is for his sister, Nancy
, who is on the Board of Foundation Rwanda who is the beneficiary of the proceeds of this prize. I seriously doubt Tom is going to peiss off one of his big sisters by blowing off someone who donated $10k to the charity she is on the board of. From what I know about his relationship with his sisters, Brady does not cross them ever.

Between his sisters and Gisele, Tommy Boy has to be THE most whipped guy evah!

Last edited:
Between his sisters and Gisele, Tommy Boy has to be THE most whipped guy evah!

Better whipped by sisters and a supermodel wife than raping people though.

ben-roethlisberger-12184.jpg

If a few finance whales from Boston or NY with bratty kids get their hearts set on this you can count on it going well north of $50k.

Careful, there. Take all the swipes you want at the adults, but leave the kids out of it.

But, ain't capitalism great! And, it's for a great cause.

Last edited:
bump for our rich patsfans members winning this in the next 6 hours. It's a steal at $19,000

Jeez, maybe I should do it. Meet TFB and piss off my wife in one shot? Win-Win.

bump for our rich patsfans members winning this in the next 6 hours. It's a steal at $19,000

My father just paid 25 dollars a ticket to a guest lecture series with Vince Wilfork. Ticket included admission to the hall which is usually 10 dollars and you got to get an autograph after (which we actually skipped in order to get back for the Bruins). No charity envolved but there is quite a difference between the two prices. Even if you say each ticket scalped would be a g thats a 14,985 dollar difference :D. Also there is obviously a difference between meeting them with you and 3 others vs hearing him speak to an audiance though it was a small audiance 50-100 probably closer to 50.

Vince was entertaining. Karen Guerigian wrote a small piece on her blog for those interested. My quick breakdown, he was funny and entertaining. Pretty much just 40 min to an hour of Q & A. My question was about his battles with Nick Mangold and while he didnt give me a specific instance that he felt he really got him and vice versa he instead talked about how little the difference can be in those battles and how getting the better of him was a matter of inches. That maybe he might shed right or vice versa Nick might get the right angle on him.

too bad they let the bidding expire before the schedule was released. i think they probably left some real money on the table by doing that.

I am passing on this auction

Instead I am bidding on a chance to win 8 tickets to a Jets game and a private foot massage from Rex Ryan :eek:

Literally just pissed my pants after i read this... lmao:D

too bad they let the bidding expire before the schedule was released. i think they probably left some real money on the table by doing that.

I assume that you decided to hold off on the 20k that the price increased to?

I honestly don't know, and I haven't checked. I remember talking to you a couple of weeks ago, and you were all in for up to 10k IIRC.

Even if I had the money, I'm not sure I could part with 20k for that kind of meet and greet, but I'm definitely jealous as someone will get the experience of a lifetime.

I assume that you decided to hold off on the 20k that the price increased to?

I honestly don't know, and I haven't checked. I remember talking to you a couple of weeks ago, and you were all in for up to 10k IIRC.

Even if I had the money, I'm not sure I could part with 20k for that kind of meet and greet, but I'm definitely jealous as someone will get the experience of a lifetime.

To be honest, 20k was my upper-upper limit and I promised my wife I wouldn't go higher. But it was moot, since I have a couple of overseas trips planned in the fall and couldn't bid until I saw the schedule anyway, which came out after the contest closed.

To be honest, 20k was my upper-upper limit and I promised my wife I wouldn't go higher. But it was moot, since I have a couple of overseas trips planned in the fall and couldn't bid until I saw the schedule anyway, which came out after the contest closed.

Who knows, maybe Tom would make a birthday party appearance for 20K.

Who knows, maybe Tom would make a birthday party appearance for 20K.

I buy all my autographed stuff from New england Pictures at the South Shore Plaza. The manager told me that Brady gets paid bucks for appearances. He gets upwards to a million for a party appearance. He charges $750 per person for his autograph at the one autograph signing event he does a year (which he hasn't done in like 3 years). And likely the next time he does it, it could be over a grand per signiture.

So when you think about it, the $20k for a meet and greet is a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes