Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Don't even bother

I am willing to spend infinity dollars for this treat

Don't even bother

I am willing to spend infinity dollars for this treat

Well, when I win the half a billion dollar jackpot on Megamillions this week, I will outbid you.

I am passing on this auction

Instead I am bidding on a chance to win 8 tickets to a Jets game and a private foot massage from Rex Ryan :eek:

I would bid in the five thousand to seventy five hundred range if I had the means, but I would likely lose.

Last edited:
Well, when I win the half a billion dollar jackpot on Megamillions this week, I will outbid you.

Sorry, but I have every combination covered. I got like 40 different combinations earlier tonight.

Thanks a lot.

This is the year I plan to bring my kids to Foxboro for a Pats game, so this got my attention.

I guess the bid all depends on what the meaning of "Meet" is.

The site suggests that the opportunity is worth 10k. By way of comparison, elsewhere on the same site lunch with Vera Wang is valued at 25.

So, if "meet" means actually sitting down and visiting with TB with my wife and kids over a soft drink for 15 minutes or so, that's one thing and giving my kids the chance to do that would, to me, be worth more than 10 to a worthy Charity.

If "meet" means getting a VIP pass to stand in the corridor outside the Patriots locker room and then having some species of PR vermin take us up to shake Brady's hand for a quick "Grip and Grin" picture on his way to the parking lot, that's another matter and you can count me as "not interested" at any price.

Still, I've signed up at the site to follow the bidding over the next couple of weeks while I try to figure out what this really is.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot.

This is the year I plan to bring my kids to Foxboro for a Pats game, so this got my attention.

The site suggests that the opportunity is worth 10k. By way of comparison, elsewhere on the same site lunch with Vera Wang is valued at 25.

So, if "meet" means actually sitting down and visiting with TB with my wife and kids over a soft drink for 15 minutes or so, that's one thing and giving my kids the chance to do that would, to me, be worth more than 10 to a worthy Charity.

If "meet" means getting a VIP pass to stand in the corridor outside the Patriots locker room and then having some species of PR vermin take us up to shake Brady's hand for a quick "Grip and Grin" picture on his way to the parking lot, that's another matter and you can count me as "not interested" at any price.

Still, I've signed up at the site to follow the bidding over the next couple of weeks while I try to figure out what this really is.

Thanks again.

I think the reality is that it may be a combination that maybe meets somewhere in the middle, but probably closer to the situation that you would not want. That's my guess, anyway.

I am a vet of certain "meet and greets" in the music world, and it usually means pretty much the negative aspect that you described.

Then again, TFB seems like a pretty decent guy, so maybe it would be something above and beyond the negative situation, but probably not as good as your best case scenario.

Regardless, it's pretty cool that you even consider doing that for your kids. Where were you as my dad all my life? :confused:

I think the reality is that it may be a combination that maybe meets somewhere in the middle, but probably closer to the situation that you would not want. That's my guess, anyway.

I am a vet of certain "meet and greets" in the music world, and it usually means pretty much the negative aspect that you described.

Then again, TFB seems like a pretty decent guy, so maybe it would be something above and beyond the negative situation, but probably not as good as your best case scenario.

Regardless, it's pretty cool that you even consider doing that for your kids. Where were you as my dad all my life? :confused:

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, it was the relative value of the meet with Brady at 10k and the lunch with Wang at 25k that set off an alarm.

Brady is at least as big a star as Vera Wang (a few dozen of whose gowns Gisele probably has in her closet at 5--10k a pop). Figure that that "lunch" valued at 25k means sitting down for an hour and a half with the designer, then 10k for time with Brady is probably no more than a "fly by."

I'm surprised that Brady would do that, actually. If I were him, I'd worry that some guy, who really couldn't afford it, would max out a credit card to meet him and then find out it was no more than a handshake and a photo and run to the Horrald or Glob (or New York Tabloids) with his tale of woe.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot.

Thanks again.

You would have to think since it is for charity, you will get a little time with Brady. I am sure the charity itself will want to take pictures and maybe a video for their own promotion. Brady donated himself and, from I know about Brady and his charity work (and I know bit since I know someone with with a child with Downs Syndrome which Brady is actively involved in charities in that area), he doesn't do it just for the publicity and does it half arsed like many athletes do. I doubt you will be allowed to shower with him after the game, but I would assume if you donated $10k you would get at least a good 10-20 minutes with the guy.

Beside, Brady is doing this for is for his sister, Nancy, who is on the Board of Foundation Rwanda who is the beneficiary of the proceeds of this prize. I seriously doubt Tom is going to peiss off one of his big sisters by blowing off someone who donated $10k to the charity she is on the board of. From what I know about his relationship with his sisters, Brady does not cross them ever.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, it was the relative value of the meet with Brady at 10k and the lunch with Wang at 25k that set off an alarm.

Brady is at least as big a star as Vera Wang (a few dozen of whose gowns Gisele probably has in her closet at 5--10k a pop). Figure that that "lunch" valued at 25k means sitting down for an hour and a half with the designer, then 10k for time with Brady is probably no more than a "fly by."

I'm surprised that Brady would do that, actually. If I were him, I'd worry that some guy, who really couldn't afford it, would max out a credit card to meet him and then find out it was no more than a handshake and a photo and run to the Horrald or Glob (or New York Tabloids) with his tale of woe.

The donation prizes are estimated by the donor. Maybe Vera just thinks more of herself than Tom does. Actually, the charities they are working with probably set estimate the value.

Think about it. I am assuming a far more affluent market base is going to bid on a lunch with Vera wang and tickets to a fashion show than to bid on a meet and great with Tom Brady and tickets to a game. One is probably bid on by the NY fashion elite and the other by Patriots fans.

Beside, Brady is doing this for is for his sister, Nancy, who is on the Board of Foundation Rwanda who is the beneficiary of the proceeds of this prize. I seriously doubt Tom is going to peiss off one of his big sisters by blowing off someone who donated $10k to the charity she is on the board of. From what I know about his relationship with his sisters, Brady does not cross them ever.

That information kind of changes everything and, what's more, suggests that the web site has positioned it poorly. Thanks. I imagine that Brady is matching the winning bid as well.

15--20 minutes would be more than enough time. And, last time I checked, sectors of the Boston economy have done very nicely, so I suspect the bidding will go well north of 10k.

OK. I'm following the bidding now. I hope it stays in my range.

Last edited:
Assuming they'll take a bad second-party out-of-state check, I plan on swooping in at $12,500

OMG If this doesn't go over 10k its mine :singing:

probably will get out of hand tho :bricks:

I dont need to graduate this year anyway................

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore