PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best young QBs under 25

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Murray, Lamar and then Mac.

Might be true that Allen is "erratic" a bit but he still has to be #1 here, Burrow is not better than him right now.

Mac is about where he should be on this list.

Have to feel bad for Trevor. Just seems like quarterbacks who go to Jacksonville, Cleveland and the Jets are destined to fail. I'm sure once he goes to his second team, he'll be better.

I would go Herbert, Allen, Burrow but I wouldn't argue with anyone who wants to shift any of them in the top 3. Trevor Lawrence who was billed as the best prospect since Luck doesn't look great. Plenty of physical talent but the decision making and processing seems to be way behind. It really does seem like some of these franchises always picking QB's high in the draft seem to have systemic issues that poison these guys so deeply that by the time they leave for a new team the damage is done.

Might be true that Allen is "erratic" a bit but he still has to be #1 here, Burrow is not better than him right now.

I full expect Mac to pass Lamar next year.

Burrow, Hebert, Allen are Top 10 QBs.

Murray is very, very good but I would not call him an elite passer.

Have to feel bad for Trevor. Just seems like quarterbacks who go to Jacksonville, Cleveland and the Jets are destined to fail. I'm sure once he goes to his second team, he'll be better.
It's highly unlikely a broken QB turns it around. And you shouldn't feel bad for him as he knew what he was getting into before he declared for the draft. If you want to be the #1 pick, this is what you sign up for.

Last edited:

Screenshot_2022-01-05-12-37-24~2.png
Screenshot_2022-01-05-12-54-19~2.png
I would go Herbert, Allen, Burrow but I wouldn't argue with anyone who wants to shift any of them in the top 3. Trevor Lawrence who was billed as the best prospect since Luck doesn't look great. Plenty of physical talent but the decision making and processing seems to be way behind. It really does seem like some of these franchises always picking QB's high in the draft seem to have systemic issues that poison these guys so deeply that by the time they leave for a new team the damage is done.
There's an old saying that prospects don't bust, teams do. It's very true. One player can't turn around a team like that. Especially young men around 20-22 years old. Not even a Brady type. Tremendous physical talent and mental toughness but even the top tier of athletes can't turn around the Browns, Jags or Bills by themselves. There's just so much ineptitude everywhere, too much to overcome. They can't draft well, can't navigate the cap, constantly overpay in FA, no identity - short / long term plan and morale is terrible.

Then you'll have owners like Khan and Temper have absolutely no clue what it takes to win. The sacrifice it takes. Business guys that are used to scrapping some "model" but you can't scrap a whole team every two years and expect to win.

It's like when Bill says he's not collecting talent. He likes company guys that do things the way he wants it done. He wants people that will carry his message from inside the building to the field. Without guys like Brady, DMC, Vince buying in, you end up with 100 guys going in different directions. Getting nothing accomplished.
I full expect Mac to pass Lamar next year.

Burrow, Hebert, Allen are Top 10 QBs.

Murray is very, very good but I would not call him an elite passer.
We can only hope Mac has an MVP season in his second year with a near 4/1 TD / INT ratio.

It's highly unlikely a broken QB turns it around. And you shouldn't feel bad for him as he knew what he was getting into before he declared for the draft. If you want to be the #1 pick, this is what you sign up for.
Well if he came out this year instead I am pretty sure the Jags have the first overall pick again.

Well if he came out this year instead I am pretty sure the Jags have the first overall pick again.
That's really bad.

I'll be curious to see how Trey Lance performs next year. He only played three games this season, which is obviously nowhere near enough to make any determination.

Daniel Jones is another. Do the Giants trade him or cut him? Can another team resurrect his career, or is he ruined at this point?

You wonder if any of these young QBs become the next Josh Freeman. At age 24 he throws for 4000 yards and 27 TD; starts the next season 0-3, is benched, cut a few days later, and boom, his NFL career is over. All that just months after there was debate about Tampa's decision to not re-sign him to a contract extension, and risk having him walk as a free agent.

The league is in good shape when it comes to QBs. Lots of good to great young ones

View attachment 39548
View attachment 39550

There's an old saying that prospects don't bust, teams do. It's very true. One player can't turn around a team like that. Especially young men around 20-22 years old. Not even a Brady type. Tremendous physical talent and mental toughness but even the top tier of athletes can't turn around the Browns, Jags or Bills by themselves. There's just so much ineptitude everywhere, too much to overcome. They can't draft well, can't navigate the cap, constantly overpay in FA, no identity - short / long term plan and morale is terrible.

Then you'll have owners like Khan and Temper have absolutely no clue what it takes to win. The sacrifice it takes. Business guys that are used to scrapping some "model" but you can't scrap a whole team every two years and expect to win.

It's like when Bill says he's not collecting talent. He likes company guys that do things the way he wants it done. He wants people that will carry his message from inside the building to the field. Without guys like Brady, DMC, Vince buying in, you end up with 100 guys going in different directions. Getting nothing accomplished.

We can only hope Mac has an MVP season in his second year with a near 4/1 TD / INT ratio.
Clapping Applause GIF

Shades of "my husband cannot throw the ball and catch the ball". One guy can take a decent team very far, but a poor team can kill a guy.

He'll be above Lamar in a year or so (semantics about the age aside as I don't know how old they all are).

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
So happy we got Mac. I fantasize a little about pairing him with a real mismatch threat downfield. The WR from Bama, Jameson, would be a good choice I think. It's been a good year. Rookie QB good enough to get us back in the playoffs.

The league is in good shape when it comes to QBs. Lots of good to great young ones
Yeah. I was thinking when Rodgers and Brady do move on, the league is going to have some great, young dynamic QBs in both conferences.

I'd kill for his 2019 and not for his 2:1 ratio for 2020-2021
I know he's not popular here but 26/9 - 65% isn't that bad all things considering. He was due for natural regression after the season he had the year before but his OL took a decent step back and ge was throwing to a bottom 5-10 WR corp (still is)
will be interesting to see if the texans saw enough of mills this year to make a go with him
I can't see them taking a QB that early. Mills has been good and actually on par with Mac in a lot of ways. They're trading out or taking KT.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back