PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Time to Buy Super Bowl Tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossWelkowski

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Does anyone know which day or how many days before the superbowl is statistically the best day to buy SB tickets?

I already have my flight booked
:)

2:32 in the afternoon is the best time to buy Super Bowl tickets.

some people have already paid 2k for tickets lol.

I'd rather use that money to buy a hue jazz TV.

best time to buy them is the day before or the day of the game. That's when prices drop the most I think. Right now the prices are a bit inflated for my taste.

^ exactly right. Night before or day of is when sellers start getting nervous because those tickets aren't worth a dime once kickoff starts. Strongly considering going since I live out here but won't know until the day of, lol.

Back when we played Carolina in the Super Bowl, I got two great low-row sideline seats from a private eBay seller for $1,600 each. Just looking at eBay now, the listings are full of shady looking "prospects" that I would not touch with a 10-foot pole. What a racket.

^ exactly right. Night before or day of is when sellers start getting nervous because those tickets aren't worth a dime once kickoff starts. Strongly considering going since I live out here but won't know until the day of, lol.

what do you recommend for game day transportation? My hotel is only 7 miles out and I'd rather not rent a car.

That's my plan then. I'll just wait. Do all of the major secondary markets have tents out there or something ?

I'd say about 49 years ago.

That's my plan then. I'll just wait. Do all of the major secondary markets have tents out there or something ?
I remember walking to that stadium in 2007 for the Pats-Giants Super Bowl and seeing a guy with a bunch of tickets in his hand auctioning them off to a crowd of about 200 pe0ple in a roped-off area.

seriously, about 20 minutes before kickoff. Its a huge gamble but at that point folks will be willing to get something for their tix

Stubhub is the only one I'm aware of, but there could be others. Plus you'll get free admission to the stubhub pregame party.

Stubhub is the only one I'm aware of, but there could be others. Plus you'll get free admission to the stubhub pregame party.
They also pretty much confirm the authenticity of the ticket too.

some people have already paid 2k for tickets lol.

2 thousand dollars apiece for upper end zones.

They were the seats my wife and I were going to jump on. I really wouldn't mind, since you can still see etc.

If you want something that would be considered "good," you're looking at anything between 3,500--6,000 apiece, even higher for the closer seats.

I've booked tickets through stubhub, I pulled the trigger not long after the game as I don't want to risk any waiting since I'm coming from Australia for the game. As for the pre game party have you been? Or if anyone has been to one of these things can you tell me what it's like?

I've booked tickets through stubhub, I pulled the trigger not long after the game as I don't want to risk any waiting since I'm coming from Australia for the game. As for the pre game party have you been? Or if anyone has been to one of these things can you tell me what it's like?

I've purchased many times theough stubhub and I've never had a problem. all great experiences. The pregame party looks like a family friendly with lots of food

I also say game day or the day before, but it is a little bit of a risk. In Houston in 2003 people were shut out as they were not selling any tix at the stadium before the game (that was the year there were a bunch of fakes too). Other years there were tickets to be had outside the stadium, either from scalpers or legit ticket brokers. In 2001 the guy next to me got in after kickoff (about 1/2 way through the first quarter) for below face value. The last time in Indy there were so many ticket brokers selling cheaper tickets right before the game (Indy's stadium is right down town) that I vowed if I was ever going again I would wait until the day before to get my tickets to avoid paying through the nose. I also figured I'd better have a back up plan to watch in a sports bar nearby in case things did not work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST