PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Volin actually asks Goodell a tough question and Roger answers with jibberish

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't fool Kraft. The owners wanted a guy like this to take the heat and spin stories to cover their asses. How's the saying go "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull5h!t" ? Now it's coming back to bite a few in the ass. They created a Frankenstein monster. Now Kraft is running thru the village with a pitchfork and torch. I think the village is starting to wake up. They should all deal with the fact that BB And TB are a rare Dynasty that you just can't stop. Especially in this age. Deal with it and wait till they're gone. And then you'll have a chance.
It doesn't matter if Kraft was fooled or not at the beginning . He should have realized he created a monster in 2007 after the camera placement fiasco, Instead he supported the POS. If anything the village is happy the monster is going after Kraft not the other way around.

It doesn't matter if Kraft was fooled or not at the beginning . He should have realized he created a monster in 2007 after the camera placement fiasco, Instead he supported the POS. If anything the village is happy the monster is going after Kraft not the other way around.
I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be seeing a change in the other owners eyes soon. This hidden agenda they have been pushing on everybody for years, is finally unraveling. And it will cost them major dollars. And Goodell will be the one to hang it all on. Get rid ofGoodell and all that is wrong with the NFL will magically go away. He is an expendable scapegoat. And he has run his course. Dump him, and start with a clean slate. And all the suckers will eat it up.

Goodells only job is to deflect all the heat/criticism the owners would get onto himself

From Ben Volin, here is the question and answer:

CMKBenbWcAAgrTN.png:large

Reading Goodell's answer. All I can think of is the South Park Goodell malfunctioning robot..

rogerbot2.0.gif

I was bustin' on ya. Sorry..

When Madden started down the path of suggesting that kids shouldn't use helmets, watching his body posture and facial expressions was interesting. Stared down, looks up. Perked his lips. Nervous smile and laugh, Said "uh-huh" and tells his side.

Goody is in a spot. He can't say football and tackling leads to brain injuries but instead gives a politicians answer- which he kinda has to.

I still hate him!
I hear ya, and took no offense, I was just adding context. I thought his response was a very human one. No matter what people do, they are still human, and capable of better.

Goodell/Owners has this power because the players always cave in the lockout negotiations.

It's not the just the NFL, this is true across sports

I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be seeing a change in the other owners eyes soon. This hidden agenda they have been pushing on everybody for years, is finally unraveling. And it will cost them major dollars.
How do you see this hitting the owners pocket book? Pretty sure they won't miss our support.

How do you see this hitting the owners pocket book? Pretty sure they won't miss our support.
This is slowly becoming a league wide screw up. Bounty gate, Ray Rice, incognito, Jim Turner,.... a lot of people (who have been slighted by Godell) are starting to turn to the realization that they have been lied to. And i don't think a majority of the owners like that. It's just a matter of time till this gets to them. It has to be at least a few owners who see that Goodell has been influenced by a few owners with an axe to grind. How long will it be before they are fined millions of dollars and lose valuable draft picks. And countless dollars defending yourself over frivolous accusations. IMO. .... but maybe I'm giving the owners too much credit. They really are that stuptid

Actually, the NFL's position is:

1. Wells was independent.
2. So what if he wasn't?

That #1 is completely ridiculous does not, of course, keep it from being the NFL's official position.

Not to split hairs but I think the NFL's actual position is:
1. Wells was independent.
2. Suck it if you don't like it, we own sports media and make it up as we go without getting called on it.

Sure it's a subtle difference but a difference nonetheless....

some vid of a follow up

Anytime this doofus speaks all i can think of:

Goodell/Owners has this power because the players always cave in the lockout negotiations.

It's not the just the NFL, this is true across sports
I don't see the owners objecting to a neutral arbitrator in the next collective bargaining agreement. Goodel yes but hopefully he is long gone.

Goodell's non-answer amounts to "My dog took a huge, rancid dump on the sidewalk so I figured he must be sick so I took him to the vet. Of course, as you should know, since the vet took possession of the dog anything related to it is no longer my responsibility so it is no longer incumbent on me to clean up the huge pile of dog crap and I'm free to let it stink up everything..."

Last edited:
I just got back home from the hospital. My older brother had a possible heart attack. Rained all day. Ran myself ragged keeping promises to some needy people who rely on transportation I provide. Listened to EEI all day as this story progressed and I have to say, I just want to punch this goddamned azzole in his mouth until he can't talk anymore.

WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE? This can't be real can it? I do not like Volin one bit BUT his question was PERFECT..and THAT is the answer this GOON thinks the American public are going to swallow? Infuriating. I don't know how you people do it...really....this scumbag has been doing exactly what he did today since he was greased into the commissioner ship. Enraging to anyone with even a modicum of sense.

It's time to strike back.

It's easy...just plant a "story" on the myriad chat rooms and boards in ,say, England, that Roger Goodell, imperialist leader of the infidel NFL, has insulted Allah and Islam by attacking Tom Brady's Brazilian wife for wearing a burka in public while in France. Dress it up with a few choice swipes at ISUS and the burgeoning middle easterner population in London and his demands that these "types" be controlled and screened upon any attempt to enter an NFL game on British soil.
In a matter of hours , this will be all over Al Jazeera feeds and disseminated across the Islamic world.

Let the little red headed ginger scumbag deal with THAT Inhategate...and to put the cherry on top, a cartoon of Goody STRANGLING a genie as he tries to get it BACK in the Inhategate bottle. After that, the rotten scumbag will have to devote all his time and energy asking the CIA to protect his AZZ, instead of his rich punk demand the police force in Maine patrol his 10 million dollar estate.

Like I said, HE wants to play...give it to him. Lies?? Sure Rog...here ya go...make sure you tell Aziz and Haji it was all "just a misunderstanding" and "more probable than not" a made up story.

Thats actually not a bad idea, I know you were being facetious but you may be onto something. How better to bring someone down than to plant lies about them? He'll be too busy defending to have time to screw real hard working people over. Now we just need an outlet to spread the lies, or in his case truths.

#1 rule of guerrilla warfare, my friend...create multiple brush fire fronts, spread the opposition thin, pick them off one at a time.Kensil, Pash, the rest of the NFL morons...all walking bullseyes. Really, THEY have all been shyting on US, the population of NE sports fans, since January. I don't know about you, but I do NOT like it when some elitist, trust fund punk thinks he can just roll up and dump a load of BS in my lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents