PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Volin actually asks Goodell a tough question and Roger answers with jibberish

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that would make sense is that Kraft knows exactly how slow Goodell is and believes that he has successfully manipulated him for years and can continue to do so. I would argue that if that was true, then "FilmFromTheWrongSpotGate" would have ended differently.
It's awfully hard to make a case that you are manipulating someone if you are the one bent over as the punishment is shoved where the sun don't shine.

The only skill that goodell had mastered since becoming NYJFL commissioner is the ability to ramble on at length without saying anything at all

I suspect that he's not going to get crushed by Berman tomorrow when he tries to pull his nonsense

The only skill that goodell had mastered since becoming NYJFL commissioner is the ability to ramble on at length without saying anything at all

I suspect that he's not going to get crushed by Berman tomorrow when he tries to pull his nonsense
Roger is dumb - best move, born Senators son.

Roger says he plans to "corporate fully" with the judge does that mean he's going to hand over his personal phone and email?

Does Goodell even read what his lawyer put out in their reports? How come Volin didn't follow up with a question about them not having to be independent?

Actually, the NFL's position is:

1. Wells was independent.
2. So what if he wasn't?

That #1 is completely ridiculous does not, of course, keep it from being the NFL's official position.

Not just Kraft, but a lot of other owners too. Kraft is just spineless. That said, you would think that men who made their billions in part because they could predict future trends would have the foresight to see that this clown is going to ultimately hurt their bottom line a decade or more from now because of what he's done and is doing to the game.

Economic analysis and hiring are two very different skills.

BV: Why didn't you correct the report?

RG: Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

From Ben Volin, here is the question and answer:

CMKBenbWcAAgrTN.png:large
"Making sure he had all the information he had"???...."There was no more discussion about a public discussion"??. Jeez, even Trollin could see this guy is full of 5h!t.... WTF??

Roger says he plans to "corporate fully" with the judge does that mean he's going to hand over his personal phone and email?
As if he had an option. This is called nothing news.

That was a surprising coherent argument by Madden. Even more surprisingly, Goodel's response was witty and had merit.
What the fact that he was potty trained before being 6 years old?:p

What the fact that he was potty trained before being 6 years old?:p
Five, but I thought that was witty. What followed, though I disagreed with it, wasn't as bad as I would have thought. It wouldn't surprise me if he was getting coached through an ear piece.

Bruce Allen ‏@bruceallen 9m9 minutes ago
Bruce Allen retweeted Ben Volin

I mean, when this guy gets the better of you - it's time to look in the mirror and wonder where Daddy failed you.

Bruce Allen added,

CMKBenbWcAAgrTN.png

Ben Volin @BenVolin
I asked Goodell why the NFL didn't correct the ESPN report from January. Here's his answer. Can you make sense of it?

Five, but I thought that was witty. What followed, though I disagreed with it, wasn't as bad as I would have thought. It wouldn't surprise me if he was getting coached through an ear piece.
@robertweathers
For the record, the only reason I even mentioned it is that I didn't expect Goodell to be able to think on his feet that quickly. (not that it was that quick)

All this just makes me mad again. The level of accountability of the NFL by the mediots is SOOOOOOOOO low, that Volin asking a legitimate question becomes big news. THAT was a question that should have been asked of Goodell at EVERY opportunity for the last FREAKIN' 8 months! Yet it took until the day before the first hearing of the court case before one of our beat writers asked a question we have all be asking for months. So instead of giving kudos to Volin for asking the question, we should be asking him, "what the F#CK took you so long to get off your ass and DO YOUR JOB?"

And then there is our media darling Tom Curran. He's everybody's favorite media whore because occasionally he defends Brady (.,,to a degree) and challenges some of media whore buddies. Tonight he was on CSN and I heard him opine that Brady has the most to lose in this court case. His reputation is cooked, there is no going back, so the best strategy for him would be to accept the fewest games possible (1 or 2) so he can get a measure of revenge by having a great year. Because if he loses and the Pats start 0-4, he will essentially have wasted an entire year, because it would be almost impossible for the team to come back from that kind of start.

Now I usually like Tommy. He doesn't usually take himself too seriously. But before you elevate him higher than he deserves, remember that just like the rest of the pukes he runs with, they are very happy to play both ends against the middle. Curran knows enough to know neither Brady or the Pats are guilty of anything. Yet rather than have the courage to flat out say that, he uses all the qualifiers that cover his ass, and diminish any potential fall out, So in the end what is lost is the TRUTH and what is right. But that's the problem isn't it. It's not about the truth anymore. It's all about the clicks, the likes, the views, and followers. You don't have to look for the truth, not when it isn't in your best interest or isn't dramatic enough to create clicks.

GOD am I getting sick and tired of this crap. I have seen but a tenth of the wall to wall coverage this is getting all over the dial and on the internet. All this coverage over what amounts to NOTHING. All that talk with out ANYTHING actually being said. In fact Roger Goodell's answer to Volin's question is a perfect metaphor for the ENTIRE day's news effort. Never have more man hours of work and effort been put forth to cover NOTHING. It's like we are living through a Seinfeld episode and Goodell is George. ":mad:

Last edited:
@robertweathers
For the record, the only reason I even mentioned it is that I didn't expect Goodell to be able to think on his feet that quickly. (not that it was that quick)

I was bustin' on ya. Sorry..

When Madden started down the path of suggesting that kids shouldn't use helmets, watching his body posture and facial expressions was interesting. Stared down, looks up. Perked his lips. Nervous smile and laugh, Said "uh-huh" and tells his side.

Goody is in a spot. He can't say football and tackling leads to brain injuries but instead gives a politicians answer- which he kinda has to.

I still hate him!

The amazing thing is that an idiot like Goodell has fooled a supposedly bright man like Kraft for all these years and continues to do so.
He didn't fool Kraft. The owners wanted a guy like this to take the heat and spin stories to cover their asses. How's the saying go "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull5h!t" ? Now it's coming back to bite a few in the ass. They created a Frankenstein monster. Now Kraft is running thru the village with a pitchfork and torch. I think the village is starting to wake up. They should all deal with the fact that BB And TB are a rare Dynasty that you just can't stop. Especially in this age. Deal with it and wait till they're gone. And then you'll have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents