PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's Scarlet Letter: Who is the one guy you avoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a problem here. In this thread we have managed to eliminate almost all the OLB's, Dunlap, Sapp, Kindle, JPP.

If we can't get behind one guy to play OLB for us, why are we always let down when BB passes on these type guys?

The only 1st round OLB type left is Morgan and he probably won't make it to #22.

It seems that recently OLB's and WR's have huge boom or bust potential, even more so than in the past. I am more than happy for the Pats to pick up WR's through FA but good OLB's don't hit FA very often.

Only one? Pity. The most obvious would be Jimmy Clausen.

Ricky Sapp.

I see a problem here. In this thread we have managed to eliminate almost all the OLB's, Dunlap, Sapp, Kindle, JPP.

If we can't get behind one guy to play OLB for us, why are we always let down when BB passes on these type guys?

The only 1st round OLB type left is Morgan and he probably won't make it to #22.

Brandon Graham is an OLB.

Everson Griffen might deserve mention. History of inability to accept criticism, and inconsistent motor. He seems arrogant in interviews as well.

Pretty damn talented though.

for me Taylor Mays

stay the hell away. Never noticed him @ USC.... If he was that fast... he would have been hyped prior to his 40 time.

I do not think he has football speed.

2nd Aaron Hernandez..... not b/c he is bad.... He has breached the point of overvalued.

loved him at FLA.... great hands and nice speed.... but their are better options and it is a deep TE draft as well.

I would pick CJ Spiller. He's going to make allot of money off what C.Johnson did last year. He's no C.Johhnson.

dont worry about him....

Al Davis loves 40 speed..... it is the only thing that matters to him it seems.

Spiller to Raiders watch

Dunlap, Kindle, JPP (the rumors of partying too much, even prior to the Combine), Iupati, Mike Williams, Norwood, Witherspoon.

and you live where McSully? me too

guys I would avoid. Morgan, Odrick, Campbell,(awful on film) Mays, Iupati,

guys I would avoid. Morgan, Odrick, Campbell,(awful on film) Mays, Iupati,

Why would you avoid Odrick?

+1

If he's sitting there at @22 and we don't draft him, I'm going to throw down a shot of Grey Goose and try to relax..

I'm just not feeling the Graham love. Nice player, but I don't see the separation between him and Misi or Te'O to make the move that high. He's awfully stubby for an OLB, with very short arms. I'd love to hear from his ardent admirers, though -- change my mind!

Foxboro.. 1 mile away from the stadium ;)

Usually I head down to Tampa to watch the draft with my brother.. last year we went to the Bucs Stadium and partied down there.. A lot of Pat fans down there.. We actually had our picture taken by a local sports station..

It was funny,, After the Bucs made their selection, the place emptied out and fans were b*tching at them drafting another QB.. Awesome stadium..

Last edited:
Why would you avoid Odrick?

watching him at the Senior bowl. he didn't do anything to impress me. doesn't use his hands very well to get off blocks. I just think he has huge bust potential. over-rated imo

Ok, now make this into a poll!

Them there two players from Neuter Lame....Pickles and Taint

I'm just not feeling the Graham love. Nice player, but I don't see the separation between him and Misi or Te'O to make the move that high. He's awfully stubby for an OLB, with very short arms. I'd love to hear from his ardent admirers, though -- change my mind!

Graham is a tough guy to love because his measurables are horrible, but his production on tape is out of this world.
- So if his production on tape is so over the top, why was the Michigan defense so bad last year.
- And if Graham and the defense were on the field for 80 plus plays per game, shouldn;t he have huge numbers, just due to the share volume of chances to make plays?

At the end of the day, if Graham is coming off the edge against Ferguson or Long does he really have ANY chance of getting within the same zip code of Sanchez or Henne? He is giving up 6 inches of height and most importantly he is giving up six inches of arm length.

Well people talk about his performance at the senior bowl. But who was he beating? Black of LSU and Capers of West Virginia. Both of whom are probably going to be OG's in the NFL.

Now how sad is this. Black of LSU is beaten like a dog by Graham at the senior bowl, yet Black of LSU completely tools Odrick of Penn State in the bowl game last year. And people think BB is taking one of these two guys (Odrick or Graham)?

The more I look at the types of players available at #22, the more I would like to see BB trade up and spend the cash to take Suh. Plug him in at Seymour's old spot and then use our three second orunders to take potential playmakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes