PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's 17 year old son Brian arrested at Gillette Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not seem like a big deal to me ... which its not

BUT

If Brian owns a car and was planning to drive from the stadium afterwards then I think I would change my opinion -We don't need drunken ***holes on the road and it would have been better to lock his butt up then have him drive and risk his life... and other innocents on the road.

Last edited:
And is this only because it is Belichick's son?

That's correct, if it was your son (hypothetical) would it be debated in this forum?

And what relevance does this discussion have to the Patriots?

I feel the same about this as I did when people were talking about Seymour's wife - This is not the place. However, I understand the rubbernecking/tmz quality of the information.

Like I said, I strongly disagree with it being here, and would like it moved.

Again, that's just my ¢.02, BadMoFo - I'm not the law around here.

I saw this and chose not to start a thread about it because of all the reasons many have cited above.

I agree this thread should be moved.

Well, yeah, but ...

in a year he'll be chugging through a hose coming out of a keg. It's not like this incident and arrest is going to stop him.

ARREST! Jeez, that is taking it too far.

I could understand a citation. But an arrest for drinking beer?

I'm pretty sure it's an arrest, only in the legal sense of the word.

There is no such thing as a warning in these cases. Way too much case law going against it. Way too many police officers and police depts have been sued and lost for giving so called "warnings" or making you just dump out your beer.

The bigger picture is I go to underage drinking parties all the time. Your teenage kid is alot smaller than an adault and not as wise. Some of the highest BAC if have seen are not from adults but from the underage kid who knows no better.

I think we would all agree that teenage kids don't drive as well as adults do.

So the cop gives the kid a "warning" and kid as a higher BAC than the cop knows. The kid leaves with friends and gets behind the wheel of a car that he was not to good with to begin with. Best part of it, he has your kid in the back seat and none of the kids in the car thinks its cool to wear a seat belt.

This is what you need to avoid. A simple arrest or a potential death. Easy choice.

Another part of it that cop who gave the "warning" now gets sued for wrongful death becasue he could have stopped it with an arrest before the kid got behind the wheel and killed someone.

The cop who has a family now looses his house and everything he owns.

agreed - also, this thread should be moved. If you want to leave it because it's bill's son, ok - i will strongly disagree with that.

I don't like hearing about this anymore than you do, but i think this board is not the place for this type of discussion.

That's my ¢.02.

ditto that!!

That's correct, if it was your son (hypothetical) would it be debated in this forum?

And what relevance does this discussion have to the Patriots?

I feel the same about this as I did when people were talking about Seymour's wife - This is not the place. However, I understand the rubbernecking/tmz quality of the information.

Like I said, I strongly disagree with it being here, and would like it moved.

Again, that's just my ¢.02, BadMoFo - I'm not the law around here.

Of course it wouldn't be discussed in a message board, but then again I am not a professional football coach, so I wouldn't expect it to be debated on one.

If people don't want to see or read these kinds of stories simply avoid these threads. You can tell by the title what this thread is going to be about. Just my two cents.

Of course it wouldn't be discussed in a message board, but then again I am not a professional football coach, so I wouldn't expect it to be debated on one.

If people don't want to see or read these kinds of stories simply avoid these threads. You can tell by the title what this thread is going to be about. Just my two cents.

Sure, Or you can take a stand like I am and ask that it's moved.

I understand how to navigate the board.

What country you live in? Possession of marijuana, a civil offense?

There are a few states, Minnesota, and Alaska for example, where Marijuana possession is a civil offense depending on how much you have.

Without getting too political, the police could have spent the past years lobbying for the laws regarding this to be changed. They've gone in the other direction with their lobbying, so acting as if the cops are against this sort of thing is misleading, at best:

Police oppose lowering drinking age to 18 | SouthCoastToday.com

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

So we can go from having 16,000 deaths a year as a country becasue of DWI to having even higher. I am 100% against lowering the age. All set with seeing 20,000 deaths a year as a country. You know we have more DWI deaths a year than both gulf wars combined.

Civil offense of $100 fine for less than an ounce in Massachusetts as of January of this year, passed by voter referendum in last November's election.

Still would have broken the law in his case though...

I was referring to the notion of lowering the age at all, not to any specific age.

So we can go from having 16,000 deaths a year as a country becasue of DWI to having even higher. I am 100% against lowering the age. All set with seeing 20,000 deaths a year as a country. You know we have more DWI deaths a year than both gulf wars combined.

Then you shouldn't have posted what you did about how it was because of sue happy parents. As I said, that was misleading at best.

There are a few states, Minnesota, and Alaska for example, where Marijuana possession is a civil offense depending on how much you have.

And Mass! The state where this occured.

He was one of over 50 people arrested that weekend for alcohol related incidents. I support the idea of arresting minors who are drinking, not saying lock them up and throw away the key, but it is better that a sober mom or dad come pick them up at the police station than let them drive home drunk.

Since this arrest happened on sunday and did not hit the media until today I wonder if this was pushed under the rug but found out recently and released by a Patriot hater 2 days later.

Since this arrest happened on sunday and did not hit the media until today I wonder if this was pushed under the rug but found out recently and released by a Patriot hater 2 days later.

Monday was a holiday. And taking a trip down to the police station to review the police reports for bits of news is a low priority. Also if a newspaper was responible (it happens from time to time) they first saw that Brian Belichick was arrested and acutally confirmed he was BBs son, instead of reporting the story to only find out that someone by the same name was arrested.

In Massachusetts, possession of 1oz or less of marijuana is a civil offense with a $100 fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back