PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's 17 year old son Brian arrested at Gillette Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well me and my fellow police officer's would love to being do other things, but SUE happy parents have made it not so. So don't blame the police, blame the parents.

Go read some case law before you open up your mouth!!!

you're absolutely right!!!!

there are much bigger things we can blame the police for.......

For a busy man like BB it has to be tough handling two boys who have done some stupid unlawful things in the past few years.
Perhaps because he's too busy to look after them?

So we can go from having 16,000 deaths a year as a country becasue of DWI to having even higher. I am 100% against lowering the age. All set with seeing 20,000 deaths a year as a country. You know we have more DWI deaths a year than both gulf wars combined.

Its funny how countries with lower drinking ages have less issues with drunk driving, isn't it?

But you'll just ignore that.

The drinking age of 21 does not prevent 1 single minor from drinking. Not one. All it prevents is them from being supervised while they do it.

damn !! isnt drining allowed but with parental consent? or a guardian?

How about blaming the beer drinker?

I think you forgot who his dad is. This would be unacceptable for anyone else but since it was Belichick's dad all of the sudden it's okay. Hope that clarifies things for you.

Another possible scenario might be that the police *did* call BB (and he is rightfully pissed). BB, having been brought up around Annapolis, (an institution that takes responsibility very seriously), perhaps hedecided his son should pay the piper

Its funny how countries with lower drinking ages have less issues with drunk driving, isn't it?

But you'll just ignore that.

The drinking age of 21 does not prevent 1 single minor from drinking. Not one. All it prevents is them from being supervised while they do it.

I support lowering the drinking age and increasing the punishment for DUI. The current law actually encourages DUI, because kids can't drink on college campuses and then just stumble back to the dorm room, they must leave the campus, which often involves driving.

completely useless thread, go post this crap on the Jets board

If all you expect is rah rah positive stuff all the time I suggest you go elsewhere - News is news if it relates to the Pats or its employees.

Don't like the thread? - Then leave and go read the Pats will go 16-0 threads :rolleyes:

If all you expect is rah rah positive stuff all the time I suggest you go elsewhere - News is news if it relates to the Pats or its employees.

Don't like the thread? - Then leave and go read the Pats will go 16-0 threads :rolleyes:

Amen! News is news no matter good or bad, deal with it.

Waiting on ESPN to report this in 5...4...3...2...1..

I can hear the SportsCenter intro already... "Just when you thought Spygate was over, another Belichick is busted!"

(of course it has nothing to do with 'Spygate' but they won't care)

Can you imnagine the brouhaha that would have ensued if the boy was given a warning, after informing the parent Belichick, and it was subsequently "EXPOSED" by the ***wipes inhabiting the media?

Imagine the field day when some idiot reporter "uncovered" this dastardly corruption of the Police by an influential person like Bill Belichick or heaven forfend, one of the Krafts. There would be expose` headlines like: "Were Bribes Paid?" There would be demands for a public excommunication, and demands that Belichick be fined, and fired...:eek::eek:

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

"...I'm shocked, SHOCKED to find drinking going on here..." as Claude Rains would have said. Perhaps Bill actually was contacted, envsioned the ramifications, and decided that the School of Hard Knocks was the best course in the end for his son. That school is tough but it does teach... :(

I had friends that got into mischief, and misdemeanors, and the Judge said Sixty days in Jail... Or... Join the Marines. They did and were better men for it. :rolleyes:

Did they list the other 49 people who were busted for drinking and who their father was???

I thought that 17 year old kids went to a juvenile court and their names were confidential?? Is it different in Mass..

I would have a hard time caring less about all of this.

but it's also ridiculously irresponsible of BB's son to put his father in a position like that.

You're right, but since when does a 17-year-old drinking beer think responsibly? I remember doing some things at my dad's place of employment around that age that would've embarrassed the hell out of him and landed me in hot water for the rest of my days under his roof. (Luckily, I wasn't caught.) I guess the bottom line is that teen-agers tend to do stupid things -- even the smart ones.

Last edited:
I support lowering the drinking age and increasing the punishment for DUI. The current law actually encourages DUI, because kids can't drink on college campuses and then just stumble back to the dorm room, they must leave the campus, which often involves driving.

I went to BU, and you couldn't even get a kid into the dorms after midnight. So rather than letting the drunk kid crash on the couch, he had to find a way to get home. Brilliant policy.

So the cop gives the kid a "warning" and kid as a higher BAC than the cop knows. The kid leaves with friends and gets behind the wheel of a car that he was not to good with to begin with. Best part of it, he has your kid in the back seat and none of the kids in the car thinks its cool to wear a seat belt.

This is what you need to avoid. A simple arrest or a potential death. Easy choice.

Another part of it that cop who gave the "warning" now gets sued for wrongful death becasue he could have stopped it with an arrest before the kid got behind the wheel and killed someone.

The cop who has a family now looses his house and everything he owns.

Okay maybe a phone call to the parents to come pick up the son. We were all seventeen before and had made poor decisions but to get arrested is a bit steep.

completely useless thread, go post this crap on the Jets board

Not enough room there -- too many threads about playboy rookies and women getting raped in players' homes. :singing:

That's due to a cultural respect for alcohol that doesn't exist here. And don't tell me that there's no correlation between heavy teen drinking and adult alcoholism and drunk driving.

While I certainly do laugh at people who think that this is a big deal, the kid was pretty stupid/disrespectful for doing that. If you're going to have a few pops, there's better places than your famous father's place of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back