PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick is the problem and the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for being snide after a night without sleep and catching a cold at the game. I just get frustrated reading things like this. The "BB advantage" has been, and always will be, a matter of organization and top-to-bottom roster management. To suggest other teams successfully implementing those practices as the reason for "playoff parity" doesn't pass the eye test. The "BB advantage" gets you to the tournament on a regular basis. Front-line talent gets you over the top. The Pats' front-line talent has been in process of ramping to the top of the heap for a few years now while the team has remained competitive. It will coalesce again before Brady is done.

I disagree and think the OP had a valid point.

1. I think the OP implied/meant exactly what you said above: organization and top-bottom mgmt. Look at the top teams of last several years.
Atl (particularly I would call Pats-South), SF, and even Baltimore (according to their own coach) say they have modeled their franchises operations on the NE Pats. Arthur Blank was invited by Kraft to get a walk-through of the entire operation when he bought the Falcons.

Rat-birds have been successful (challenging Pitt for 1/2 place ) for years. Their coach said in post-game interview that they are modeled after Pats. Falcons are newer, but with Dimitroff there they are building for long term. SF also newer potential long-term success & havent built depth as much (but got health-lucky); but I think Kraft had given them some advice/assistance like he did Blank - so I think they will be around a while.

So with more teams doing LONG-TERM cap mgmt and BUILDING TEAM DEPTH there are more top tier teams to make it a crap shoot when you get down to the final 4.

2. Point the OP DIDNT MAKE:
How many teams come into their NE game as THEIR SUPERBOWL for the YEAR. Certainly the JESTERS. :D, but a whole bunch of other teams (Ariz, Sea, etc;) play the Pats a HECK of A LOT TOUGHER than their other competition. They take it up a notch. And that RESULTS IN MORE NE PATRIOTS INJURIES.

couple that with some bad timing on Talib-Gronk-edelman-love and SEE YA LATER.

3. the BB Coaching Tree:
Did you notice WHO BEAT US? Dean Pees. It isnt like he didnt coach against our O for an entire season long or something.
Add the other guys around the league that BB has influenced or taught and there is a whole bunch of knowledge about how to beat a BB BBDB defense and his offense. To some extent; folks are just using the NY G vs Buff Bills and NEP vs StL Rams D game plans against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes