PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick interview with Armen Keteyian on CBS News [mergedx4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Belichick interview with Armen Keteyian on CBS News tonight

Ok, Tannedbaum saw Eastrella and called security, I'm with you on that.

But no way you are going to get me to believe that Mangini did not tell Tannenbaum that "there is MOST likely going to be someone taping from the side line, Look for him - Because what Bill is going to do with that tape is give to Ernie Adams and the next time we play him Ernie and Bill will use their superior football intellect to gleam knowledge of our defensive tendencies and possibly steal out signals. I know this because I DID IT."

He KNEW Bill would be doing it because they would play each other again, he had no reason to look for the guy in the second game, that tape would be irrelevant as they would not be playing each other - He told him to look for him and bust Bill for taping.

=====================================

I agree with everything except the last paragraph, because I am not sure what you are trying to say in the last paragraph.

Sounds like you are saying that mangini wanted to embarrass BB out of spite. Whereas I believe Mangioni did not want the filming to take place for the same reason BB wanted the filming to take place, because it would possibly allow the Pats a very small advantage of sorts.

Re: HOT: Belichick to address the Nation tonight!

Nice. Hopefully, some of you will publish an audio link here so that i can hear what he says because I live in CA. Thank you.

Same here. Clip would be much appreciated.

BB pretty much put Walsh in his place. The guy was the 3rd video assistant and not a very good one as he got fired for incompetence. Walsh had no input on gameplan and no knowledge of the game of football. So his allegations that he advised the Pats of the Rams walkthrough sounds even more phoney. From what I have read, Daboll was interviewed by the commissioner and reported that he did not remember having any such conversation with Walsh about the Rams. Walsh is just getting his 10 minutes of fame and a backhand swipe at the organization that fired him. But even he didn't go as far as to lie about there being a walkthrough tape, the reason being that he had NONE to produce!

I agree with everything except the last paragraph, because I am not sure what you are trying to say in the last paragraph.

Sounds like you are saying that mangini wanted to embarrass BB out of spite. Whereas I believe Mangioni did not want the filming to take place for the same reason BB wanted the filming to take place, because it would possibly allow the Pats a very small advantage of sorts.

Perfect. You agree Mangini was ultimately the one that started this whole thing. That's what I was looking for.

Like I said, I don't think he thought it would go this far - but please don't tell me that he thought it would end on a positive note.

BB pretty much put Walsh in his place. The guy was the 3rd video assistant and not a very good one as he got fired for incompetence. Walsh had no input on gameplan and no knowledge of the game of football. So his allegations that he advised the Pats of the Rams walkthrough sounds even more phoney. From what I have read, Daboll was interviewed by the commissioner and reported that he did not remember having any such conversation with Walsh about the Rams. Walsh is just getting his 10 minutes of fame and a backhand swipe at the organization that fired him. But even he didn't go as far as to lie about there being a walkthrough tape, the reason being that he had NONE to produce!

if BB had just added that he doesnt know why walsh is a golf pro on hawaii if he knows so much about football , it wouldve been awesome :)

Yea, ok. Tann saw him and thought to himself "Self, that guy is video taping the game - I'm calling security".

Are you NUTS? Almost EVERY team video tapes from Sidelines or some elevated position in the stadium - Hell, the Jets even ask for permission from time to time. So WHY would this guy all of a sudden want to call security on this guy taping.....in the FIRST game of the year??????

I believe Tannenbaum told Jets security before the game to be on the lookout for Estrella, I think Tannebaum and Manginin and maybe even Woody Johnson discussed the taping before it ever happened and decided to not allow it to happened. They came up with a plan to stop and confiscate any tape they suspected to be how should we say, posibly done outside of the rules.

Estrella turned out to be a stubborn SOB, can't say I blame Estrella, but in hindsight he should of handed over the tape just like the Jets video guy did when he got busted by the Pats security.

I am over my 10 post limit for the day.:confused:

The local affiliate is now touting an exclusive with Bill on Channel 4 tonight. It's Burton voicing the tease but it's Bill in the same denim shirt, so it's either the rest of the Keteyian piece or he did an additional one on one with someone from Boston at the same time. The snipet they showed was not one from the Evening News segment, a little more aggressive.

The local affiliate is now touting an exclusive with Bill on Channel 4 tonight. It's Burton voicing the tease but it's Bill in the same denim shirt, so it's either the rest of the Keteyian piece or he did an additional one on one with someone from Boston at the same time. The snipet they showed was not one from the Evening News segment, a little more aggressive.

i seriously doubt BB talked to burton or any of the local guys. our local guys have given the team enough trouble ;).

As i said i think this interview will air in its entirety at some point possibly when the season starts or maybe on the hbo show.

Perfect. You agree Mangini was ultimately the one that started this whole thing. That's what I was looking for.

Like I said, I don't think he thought it would go this far - but please don't tell me that he thought it would end on a positive note.

=================================

You see I don't think Mangini started all of this, I feel more like he was backed into a corner.

I would suggest that BB started all of this, but even that is not really true.

Mangini I don't think cared if the Pats taped signals of the Dolphins or Steelers or anyone else as long as it wasn't the Jets.

Like THAT was ever going to happen

You see I don't think Mangini started all of this, I feel more like he was backed into a corner.

Mangini I don't think cared if the Pats taped signals of the Dolphins or Steelers or anyone else as long as it wasn't the Jets.

Ok. I'm not trying to get Bill out of the crap sandwich that he put himself into, and I'm not trying to make excuses for him.

It's simple - Mangini does not tell people what to look for, this never happens. Simple. End of story. Mangini started it.

Would another team bust the Patriots for this down the road? Probably. But that's not what happened. It started with the Jets game...1st Qtr. of the game - There is no coincidence there.

oh ESPN will have a LOT of representatives to take soundbytes and refactor them. interesting thing to see is how the pats handle them.

Credentials request--DENIED

:eek: Thanks Blue, one convert at a time.:)
I'm not the conversion type (I.E. Jets fan)I just calls um like I hears or sees um.

Last edited:

I realize you want to like Mangini, but there's really not a lot to like.

This was obviously a sting set up in the offseason. Mangini and Tannenbaum are tied at the hip.

They are young guys who were making a power play against the old man. Think of it like the Turk deciding to take out the Godfather in GF Part I.

They were going for the kill. They leaked the tape to the press hoping league pressure and media furor would force Kraft to fire BB.

Problem: Don Vito Corleone survived the hit.

Footnote: When Don Vito makes his reconciliation with Tartaglia at the "board meeting", and the mob war is "ended", he realizes Barzini was in on it all along.

Read: Goodell.

Conclusion: Draw your own.

Credentials request--DENIED

actually the WEEI guys discussed this veryt hing today that if the pats will deny credentials to tomase. they said the patriots football weekly show run by the pats says a lot of non complimentary things and the pats dont make an attempt to control it and felt they will do the same with tomase or the herald , as in not do anything obvious. i guess same for ESPN, prolly no interviews but media access will still be there.

I realize you want to like Mangini, but there's really not a lot to like.

This was obviously a sting set up in the offseason. Mangini and Tannenbaum are tied at the hip.

They are young guys who were making a power play against the old man. Think of it like the Turk deciding to take out the Godfather in GF Part I.

They were going for the kill. They leaked the tape to the press hoping league pressure and media furor would force Kraft to fire BB.

Problem: Don Vito Corleone survived the hit.

Footnote: When Don Vito makes his reconciliation with Tartaglia at the "board meeting", and the mob war is "ended", he realizes Barzini was in on it all along.

Read: Goodell.

Conclusion: Draw your own.

===================================

I love the God Father and enjoyed your analogy.

What tape are you refering to that got leaked, the ones that the Pats gave to goodell or the one that eventualy was confiscated by NFL security during game 1?

Re: Pft:belichick Interview On Cbs Should Raise Eyebrows

Always interesting...but there are so many incestuous relationship everywhere...so why pick on this one Florio??? Maybe CoachB has some respect for him?? As someone pointed out, BB answered him at during one sideline chat, when asked about 'liegate'...that he'd talk later...Did he mean it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes