PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick interview with Armen Keteyian on CBS News [mergedx4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Belichick interview with Armen Keteyian on CBS News tonight

Really?

...when the rule was clarified by the league in September of 2006 outlawing videotaping of any type during a game.

Any type? Does the Ketyian think there is no videotaping of any type?
Probably. Because he doesn't know anything.

Once again, the media takes the ignorance is bliss route.

Well I had my hopes from listening to him in the past.

As third string video guy, Matt Walsh was the go-to man for Crennell, Weiss, and Belichick. At least he was until he was fired for incompetence.

He got on his feet, though, as backup night janitor at Smith Barney. He claims to have given out key stock tips to all the executives, until he was fired for refusing to use detergeants when cleaning the johns.

Amazing the impact this guy has.

I'm sure when he was in Washington to see Specter, other members of Congress pulled him aside for advice on foreign policy and global economics.

at least, in his own mind, it seemed just that way

Here is the interview:
http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=VideoNewsdetail&pid=32045&pcid=84

It's very evident to me that Walsh is trying to pump himself up and make himself out to be much more relevant and important than what he truly was. It's not like Walsh doesn't have a history of doing this in his past, he did fabricate more than a couple of things on his resume. There are definitely elements of his personality that suggest he lives in an imaginary world.

When Belichick says: "FOR HIM TO TALK ABOUT GAME PLANNING AND STATEGY AND PLAY CALLING AND HOW HE ADVISED COORDINATORS, IT'S EMBARRASING, IT'S ABSURD. HE DIDN'T HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF FOOTBALL. HE WAS OUR THIRD VIDEO ASSISTANT." I agree 100%, this is where Walsh really loses me in his story. Ok, we believe you Matt you did tape signals but when he says he offered advise and input to coaches that is where you lose me. All he would do would be tape the signals and turn in the tape, no commentary or evaluation neeeded or wanted. Belichick, his coaches and Ernie Adams would not be looking for input from a 3rd video man. That's like saying they would take suggestions from fans they meet, it's absurd.

It's also obvious from this video and the photos Belichick and the Pats show of Walsh doing his job in plain sight lend credence to their assertion that they were not trying to hide the taping.

Was Belichick stating that Walsh was fired for illegally audiotaping Pioli cut out of the CBS interview. On transcript of the interview on Mike Reiss' blog, he states that but in the actual interview he doesn't and it seems like they edited out part of what he was saying in that spot.

I wonder why they would edit that part out. You gotta think that the Patriots lawyers oked him saying it before he stated it. Did Belichick ask to edit it out or did CBS edit it for some reason. It does weaken Belichick's claims that Walsh has no credibility.

Re: Great Title

Great story but unfortunately that title almost guarantees it won't be picked up by certain media outlets outside of New England. Now, if the title was something like "Belichick parks in handicap space" or "Patriot head coach waters his lawn during drought", then The ProJo story would be everywhere.

Here is the interview:
http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=VideoNewsdetail&pid=32045&pcid=84

It's very evident to me that Walsh is trying to pump himself up and make himself out to be much more relevant and important than what he truly was. It's not like Walsh doesn't have a history of doing this in his past, he did fabricate more than a couple of things on his resume. There are definitely elements of his personality that suggest he lives in an imaginary world.

When Belichick says: "FOR HIM TO TALK ABOUT GAME PLANNING AND STATEGY AND PLAY CALLING AND HOW HE ADVISED COORDINATORS, IT'S EMBARRASING, IT'S ABSURD. HE DIDN'T HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF FOOTBALL. HE WAS OUR THIRD VIDEO ASSISTANT." I agree 100%, this is where Walsh really loses me in his story. Ok, we believe you Matt you did tape signals but when he says he offered advise and input to coaches that is where you lose me. All he would do would be tape the signals and turn in the tape, no commentary or evaluation neeeded or wanted. Belichick, his coaches and Ernie Adams would not be looking for input from a 3rd video man. That's like saying they would take suggestions from fans they meet, it's absurd.

It's also obvious from this video and the photos Belichick and the Pats show of Walsh doing his job in plain sight lend credence to their assertion that they were not trying to hide the taping.

its the media hypocrisy at its height e.g.
a)Everyone cheers and believes goodell when he says he didnt believe BB's 'lies' but doesnt believe his punishment is enough
2)Walsh is the guy everyone is waiting to speak and when he talks about crennel,and BB everyone believes him but not when he says the tapes were not used in the same game. In that situation he is too dumb to know how the pats used the tapes but he is also smart enough to tell crennel to change his signals.
3)Everyone says pats benefitted from the taping but still give brady his mvp award during a season where there was no taping
4)walsh shows tapes of pats taping the fins but Brady still has his worst games against them
5)Walsh shows tapes of the SD game where the pats actually lost in the 2nd half but this is forgetten
6)Walsh's tapes contain recording of the 2nd half so it cant be used in the same game but again its not thought through rationally.

its the media hypocrisy at its height e.g.
a)Everyone cheers and believes goodell when he says he didnt believe BB's 'lies' but doesnt believe his punishment is enough
2)Walsh is the guy everyone is waiting to speak and when he talks about crennel,and BB everyone believes him but not when he says the tapes were not used in the same game. In that situation he is too dumb to know how the pats used the tapes but he is also smart enough to tell crennel to change his signals.
3)Everyone says pats benefitted from the taping but still give brady his mvp award during a season where there was no taping
4)walsh shows tapes of pats taping the fins but Brady still has his worst games against them
5)Walsh shows tapes of the SD game where the pats actually lost in the 2nd half but this is forgetten
6)Walsh's tapes contain recording of the 2nd half so it cant be used in the same game but again its not thought through rationally.

Its ridiculous, they cherry pick whatever point supports their already made up mind. Someday they'll be a college class based on this mass media hysteria and how one after another threw ethics out the window to advance their own agenda.

Its ridiculous, they cherry pick whatever point supports their already made up mind. Someday they'll be a college class based on this mass media hysteria and how one after another threw ethics out the window to advance their own agenda.

Yes.

"Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Crowds".

BB interview - 15 min version

thanks to BelichickFan who found it

for those who didnt see the original broadcast on tv.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hyg9BhqESxU

EDIT:Why didnt AP and PFT refer to all those relevant points he made ?

Last edited:

I know that you have to edit down to three or four minutes in a half-hour news show, but the cut on that was brutal. This version shows a lot more than the quick attack on Walsh that ended up airing and actually answers a lot of the questions people keep asking about 'why would they do it'? (Though it would have been nice to hear something other than 'because it was more convenient', which we already knew and various people have already rejected, but the more I hear the more it seems that's really it...)

Re: BB interview - 15 min version

youtube is the coolest thing . . . ever.

Keteyian has a constipated look on his face.

Walsh obviously suffers from delusions of grandeur...a total whack job.

Re: PFT is perplexed at BB's interview

I'm perplexed by their article. It's very confusing. As we all know, it's very simple, taping signals was more convenient and error free than obtaining them alternate ways. As to Bill saying "I was wrong", that refers to not getting a clarification from the league as to whether they considered what he was doing to be legal. PFT confuses all this, though.

superb. steve chen and that other youtube guy are the best for inventing youtube

listening to BB , any unbiased person can see that BB exploited a hole in the rule book. just like shanahan did with calling timeouts just before a kick. if you take the bylaws by the word the BB wasnt completely wrong in his thought.
Goodell can say it a hundred times that he didnt believe BB's explanation but i doubt if someone asks goodell to read the bylaw and tell what BB did wrong then he wont be able to answer .
Sadly its been a one way street for pats and BB.

I'm perplexed by their article. It's very confusing. As we all know, it's very simple, taping signals was more convenient and error free than obtaining them alternate ways. As to Bill saying "I was wrong", that refers to not getting a clarification from the league as to whether they considered what he was doing to be legal. PFT confuses all this, though.

i blame CBS for showing a teaser and then just "showing" a teaser in the end.Look at the AP article- its derived from the 3 line transcript not the complete interview .i hope its rebroadcast at some other time to a wider audience.

Florio can be such a moron. Walsh DID say in his NYT interview he was involved in game planning. Check this part:
Q. The week before the 2002 Super Bowl against the Rams — walk me through the week.

A. Me and Steve didn’t get down until Tuesday, with all the other assistant coaches. Bill and the other players went down Monday, because they had to be there for media day on Tuesday. Since it was a short week because of 9/11, we stayed behind until Tuesday with the coaches, helping them prepare the game plan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/16/sports/football/16nfl.html?pagewanted=4&_r=1&ref=football

Its a ridiculous suggestion by Walsh and what Belichick was referring to. That and other suggestions by Walsh he was involved in game planning. And Walsh goes on to say me and Steve stayed behind until Tuesday "with all the OTHER assistant coaches." First of all, he is talking about Steve Scarnecchia, who was a video assistant like Walsh. Yet apparently, in Walsh's delusional mind, he was an assistant coach.....i.e. his reference to "all the OTHER assistant coaches" as if he is one himself. This is clearly delusional and twisted. He was a video assistant. Low level. So was Steve. He wasn't an assistant coach.

Too bad Florio didn't research this blog entry very well, obviously missing these comments by Walsh. Walsh is a desperate guy with delusions of what he was in the past being greater than the facts indicate.

J D Sal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes