PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick did a great job of making the Broncos Superbowl favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only did Bill Belichick bite his nose to spite his face in regards to Wes Welker (232 rec, 2,329 yds, 13td's and 31 games over the last two years) and Danny Amendola (64 rec, 684 yards, 3td's and 11 games played over the last two seasons) but in the process he created the best offense in the NFL and made the Patriots main competiton the Denver Broncos the odds on favorite to represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

I would love for someone to tell me how the Patriots are going to matchup with Peyton Manning, Wes Welker, Damaryius Thomas and Eric Decker with a defense (that most likely will not include Talib) that made Joe Flacco look like Joe Montana when they meet in the playoffs.

I don't care what anyone says there is more than meets the eye here in regards to Belichick and Welker. I can't help but remember the first couple of games of the year in 2012 when Belichick essentially benched All Pro Welker for a mediocrity like Edelman. And please Kool Aid drinkers spare me the nonsense about Edelman being a better blocker than Welker.

Even Tom Brady is said to be furious over this move Report: Tom Brady source irked by Wes Welker move - NFL.com

Welker going to play with Peyton Manning and the Broncos is a nightmare scenario for Patriot fans...Way to get value Bill

Did you also contemplate suicide when BB shipped Bledsoe off to Buffalo?

BTW, the Pats and Giants were Super Bowl favorites going into the season last season. How did that work out for them?

Locking this thread for obvious reasons.

I'm disappointed as well but having done this since '97 - far worse things have happened. They'll move on and we'll see how things look in August before I hit the panic button. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes