PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick denies tampering with Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
This workout where Randy ran sub-4.3 is not just surfacing now, so it's not like Davis is pulling it out of his @ss. But it's possible that Moss' agent saw it, or someone Belichick trusts outside the organization. Whatever.

But BB said that the contact with the Raiders didn't even begin until the night after day 1 of the draft. Moss said this too, in that article last week. Brady called him that night or something. And Davis never disputed this either.

When exactly was BB supposed to go see him work out? There's no chance it happened the night of day 1 of the draft. And even Moss said he flew into Boston from Houston.

It's possible, even likely, that Lombardi screwed the Raiders there, but it doesn't mean Belichick did anything wrong.

I had to laugh at this comment:
Thanks alot Al. You raving lunatic. Thanks for getting the Pats good and pi.s.s.ed off before playing the 49ers. I actually thought that we had a chance but now Belichick and the Pats will have extra motivation and will take it out on us. They'll probably beat us by 30 points now (not that that's a huge accomplishment).

Why does Fox Sports not have the same comments as Reiss by now?

Plan and simple Al Davis is gone off the deep end. If he still wanted Randy Moss the trade never would of happened

I had to laugh at this comment:

Why does Fox Sports not have the same comments as Reiss by now?
Because they're Fox.

Plan and simple Al Davis is gone off the deep end. If he still wanted Randy Moss the trade never would of happened

Exactly. Al Davis didn't want him anymore,period. Honestly sometimes I feel bad for Raider fans-Davis' been losing it for years and he's just getting worse.

He's just hoping the anti-BB faction will rise up again and divert some of the heat off of his latest controversial move.

He's a sad testament to what was once a storied and great franchise.

Moss was traded...by Al Davis...traded! Good lord...there was no tampering. He can get pissed at Lombardi, if he wants, but that's not tampering. Davis even gave the team permission to talk to Moss!

Insanity....

One thing is clear to us: The 79-year-old Davis still seems to be as sharp mentally as he ever has been, and we tend to believe every word he’s saying.

Good to see Florio still abusing first person plural. :rofl:

It's really pretty simple. Davis needs to prove it or retract it. If he can't prove it and fails to retract it, then he's clearly a liar.

As to Davis, we think he was telling the truth. Even though it’s possible that Davis was factually incorrect on one or more points, he believed what he was saying.

This might be the dumbest 1-2 sentence combo ever committed to non-Boston news-space.

PFT = National Enquirer, sports edition

Worrying about Florio's editorializing is a waste of mental energy that could be better spent counting the number of dust specks on the head of a pin.

So wait, let me see if I get this straight... Davis is mad, because someone "tampered" by telling Belichick that Moss could still run? Isn't that a good thing for the Raiders if they want to trade him? Doesn't that up his value?

I could see if the Raiders were demanding a second rounder, but because someone leaked that he COULDN'T run they had to settle for a 4th, but this seems backwards to me.

same with other media outlets saying "patriots mum on tampering allegations"
.Can someone tell me if its still tampering if the trade has actually happened between the two teams.?

Last edited:
We were generally impressed with the Davis press conference.................

and you are gonna believe anything this guy rights after that statement??

Isn't this the same guy who siad that the pats were gonna cut Randy prior to week 1 last year?

Not saying that I believe Davis' accusations, but I thought tampering was "no big deal" and "every team did it."

Or was that only when teams like the 49ers and Vikings were tampering?

I really liked PFT when it first came out, but it has really sunk over the last several months. It used to be a source for a lot of legitimate inside information; now it is just rumors and fabrications made up in an attempt to stir up emotions in order to create more page views.

Aside from the fact that PFT seems to be the only media member siding with Al Davis on the firing of Kiffin topic (similar to what certain radio talk show hosts do by playing the role of the contrarian), in the Moss - tampering story they are completely overlooking the fact that (a) the Raiders wanted to move Moss, (b) Al agreed to the trade, (c) the Patriots went to Davis, asked for, and received his permission to talk to Moss! And now Davis is blaming Kiffin for the trade! If it was such a bad deal Al, then why didn't you just put your foot down and veto the deal - like you did when Kiffin wanted to fire Ryan?

Brady deserves a tip of the cap in Moss deal - The Boston Globe

ESPN - Brady helps make cap room for Pats in Moss trade - NFL

PFT"As to Davis, we think he was telling the truth. Even though it’s possible that Davis was factually incorrect on one or more points,
***he believed what he was saying.****"
This might be the dumbest 1-2 sentence combo ever committed to non-Boston news-space.

Maybe not the dumbest, but darned close.

Let's see fact, opinion, opinion, fact. Any difference?

Naw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore