PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Being a Patriot Fan is sooo tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
holyredeemer said:
Im sorry, but I think this is a bit overblown. Just because our pats win a game doesnt mean we have no right to question calls, or question a players gameplay. Its called sportstalk.

I dont watch the pats just to watch em, be happy or be sad, and to go to sleep at night. I watch the pats for the roller coaster ride, the excitement and the let downs. But, most importantly, they give me a reason to talk passionately about football.

Another question. Did this really deserve its own thread? If this was posted in response to what others have said, then it should probably be under that thread. Well, since we have so many OFFICIAL threads around here. Lets make this one an OFFICIAL thread too...k?

"Sports talk" in our society has come to mean "NEGATIVE TALK" not because it is valid or even true but because it incites a reponse from the hearers. This has been promoted by mostly radio talk show hosts whose only desire is to drive up thier ratings. If this is your idea of being a fan then you should be honest and say you are a fan of "Sports Talking" not a fan of the Pats.

A FAN of a football team on the other hand means:

fan [ fan ] (plural fans)

noun

Definition:

1. enthusiastic admirer: an enthusiastic admirer

While you say you enjoy the ride the ups and the downs you seem to really mean you enjoy the downs for only then do you get a lot of others to join you in your little pool of darkness and self pity singing WOE is WE , WOE is WE while bashing anyone who dares to point out a positve note.

You obviously would be a lot happier as a Red Sox Fan where you would only have to come into the light once every 87 yrs or so.

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
I feel sooooooooo guilty, I expected the team to adjust, overcome, and win from the first hit on Brady. I know I should be calling for the no-huddle and demanding we trade our 2007 draft for Jonathan Ogden, but I just can't overcome this exuberance from the Pats winning a tough game. Help me Obi Nem KaFelgy! :(

I also thought the Pats would win, so don't feel guilty. ;)

I did hope that we would go into this season with the red haired boys being able to keep Brady from sustaining yet another gruesome injury which would sideline other Q.B.s. Hopefully that will get worked out and Brady will get time in the pocket against much better pass rushers than what the Bills can muster.

Maybe when I said that Gorin would absolutely be traded, back in mini-camp, I should have been careful what I wished for! :D

I think the Pats are likely to be more consistent next week, which will be reason enough to start feeling exuberant for me. And if they play two good halves against the Fins, I'll be joyous because we will likely win. :p

RAWKY said:
"Sports talk" in our society has come to mean "NEGATIVE TALK" not because it is valid or even true but because it incites a reponse from the hearers. This has been promoted by mostly radio talk show hosts whose only desire is to drive up thier ratings. If this is your idea of being a fan then you should be honest and say you are a fan of "Sports Talking" not a fan of the Pats.

A FAN of a football team on the other hand means:

fan [ fan ] (plural fans)

noun

Definition:

1. enthusiastic admirer: an enthusiastic admirer

While you say you enjoy the ride the ups and the downs you seem to really mean you enjoy the downs for only then do you get a lot of others to join you in your little pool of darkness and self pity singing WOE is WE , WOE is WE while bashing anyone who dares to point out a positve note.

You obviously would be a lot happier as a Red Sox Fan where you would only have to come into the light once every 87 yrs or so.

There ya go, start questioning my patriots loyalty. Sounds alot like a certain political party out there. Have you ever coached football, or perhaps ever played any sport for that matter? I have all of my life. And this is how it was for me. We'd lose a game, we would receive a tirade, or sometimes just a long dark silence. We would win a game, get patted on the back, and be told its time to get ready for the next one. In order to get ready for the next one, we dicussed our weaknesses and talked about what we could do to get better, how we could switch personnel etc.
So, I guess I am sorry that I am not the kind of fan some of you all want some of us to be. We are all not flag waving kiss ass everything is great we've got a win fans. Does that mean I would be better off a red sox fan? No, and please dont resign me to such a horrible fate. I will continue to stay on this board, post whatever I want, however I want, in whatever thread I want, just like I have here for the last 6 yrs. and if you dont like it, dont read my threads or anyone elses for that matter. We got a win, sure, but even the heads of this team werent as happy as some of you are all saying we should be. A win is a win, but it doesnt mean you have to be happy about it. There are 15 more games to go, and they have alot to fix. So, look forward to more *****ing.;) Which I happen to consider as being just constructive criticism.

njpatsfan said:
It is always the biggest doom and gloom criticizers who are the first to complain when someone criticizes THEM.

Kind of like the media.

R

I am going to assume that you were talking about me. So, I guess all I can say is that you should go read my other threads and tell me how truly doom and gloom they really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News