PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Being a Patriot Fan is sooo tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats-blue

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Sunday 10AM AZ time....Patriot flag put out front. Game day jersey on. Turn HDTV to 724 to watch game in HD. Actually watch game...watch Pats WIN.

Later that day log onto Patsfans.com messageboard and read that the Pats lost...oh wait they didn't. Read repeated posts on play calling that I have read before even when the Pats won multiple Super Bowls...not sure how you actually do BETTER than win the big game but there are some I guess that could guide the Pats to better than a 17-2 records in multiple years....then read posts how IF this happens or THAT happens that Pats will lose or be a .500 team, blah, blah, blah.

When the Pats first started winning several years ago they have always played close games. Until our recent dominance we would blow some and win some and they stressed me out like any other New England team. In thier recent run however they almost ALWAYS win the close game and rarely blow anyone out...yet they WIN and bring home CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I'm not saying there was not negatives in the game to point out but I mean come on! people take the negatives and put doom and gloom spin on it to the point Brady is hurt or gonna quit or something because he took some hard hits...last time I check Tom was a real football player.

Hey Buff played pretty good today, they were flying to the ball and played a pretty good game.

I don't think the Pats go undefeated this year so I might avoid this board that day because if this is the way current posters are gonna post after a win I think the suicide prevention hotline is gonna be busy when we actually drop one...we did WIN today right? Well lets see the "negative threads" outnumber "positive ones" by a wide margin so maybe we didn't...better go check the scoreboard again......:confused:

I saw this thread title and almost threw up-then I actually read your post and smiled. You get it.
GO PATRIOTS, do whatever it takes to WIN, cause at the end of the day that is all that matters!!!

I just repped you. Or whatever you want to call it. Best post I've read all week.

Spot on, Pats-Blue.

All true, Great post...Thanks.

The problem is that the Red Sox tanked early this year, so we have all those babies here complaining earlier than usual.

R

njpatsfan said:
The problem is that the Red Sox tanked early this year, so we have all those babies here complaining earlier than usual.

R
Sooo true!!!:rofl:

pats-blue said:
...Hey Buff played pretty good today, they were flying to the ball and played a pretty good game...

Good post. All teams will play a few notches higher when they come to Foxboro because that's the premier place to play football in the league. They're playing the best team of the millenium. That's why the games will be tough and close no matter who comes in...get used to it people.

I so agree with this post.

One of the points we seem to miss is that today's WIN is more about OUR TEAM REFUSING TO LOSE, even when almost everything seemed to go wrong,
the Pat's still hung in there and fought tooth and nail all the way thru to VICTORY.

It's called overcoming ADVERSITY and it is a critical element to all real champions.

Unlike the olympic figure skaters the NFL gives no points for style the only points that count in the NFL are those put up with Blood, Sweat and Tears.

The Larry Bird era celtics won alot of UGLY close games but i loved those more then the blowout games. The close UGLY games revealed a certain toughness and a refusal to lose that i admire.

In some ways the Pat's remind me of those Larry Bird era teams, not as pretty or as athletic as their arch rivals the Lakers but if you were going to beat them you best bring a big bat.

Of course if one is unhappy winning UGLY then they can always become a fan of the Dolts they win real pretty, sometimes Peyton does not even get his uniform dirty.....But if you choose that course you are unlikely to see any UGLY wins and as a result you also are unlikely to ever see a Super BOWL winner.

When the Dolts run into adversity Peyton hangs his head and walks off the field wondering why it always happens to him rather then rolling up his sleeves and scraping and clawing and dragging his team to victory....he just gives up.

So i am PROUD of todays victory not because it revealed a dominant point speard but because it revealed something much more important then the margin of vicotory ever could it revealed the HEART of a CHAMPION.

RAWKY said:
I so agree with this post.

One of the points we seem to miss is that today's WIN is more about OUR TEAM REFUSING TO LOSE, even when almost everything seemed to go wrong,
the Pat's still hung in there and fought tooth and nail all the way thru to VICTORY.

It's called overcoming ADVERSITY and it is a critical element to all real champions.

Unlike the olympic figure skaters the NFL gives no points for style the only points that count in the NFL are those put up with Blood, Sweat and Tears.

The Larry Bird era celtics won alot of UGLY close games but i loved those more then the blowout games. The close UGLY games revealed a certain toughness and a refusal to lose that i admire.

In some ways the Pat's remind me of those Larry Bird era teams, not as pretty or as athletic as their arch rivals the Lakers but if you were going to beat them you best bring a big bat.

Of course if one is unhappy winning UGLY then they can always become a fan of the Dolts they win real pretty, sometimes Peyton does not even get his uniform dirty.....But if you choose that course you are unlikely to see any UGLY wins and as a result you also are unlikely to ever see a Super BOWL winner.

When the Dolts run into adversity Peyton hangs his head and walks off the field wondering why it always happens to him rather then rolling up his sleeves and scraping and clawing and dragging his team to victory....he just gives up.

So i am PROUD of todays victory not because it revealed a dominant point speard but because it revealed something much more important then the margin of vicotory ever could it revealed the HEART of a CHAMPION.

Im sorry, but I think this is a bit overblown. Just because our pats win a game doesnt mean we have no right to question calls, or question a players gameplay. Its called sportstalk. Isnt that what this site is about? Now, if anyone is posting about how the season is over, then yeah, I agree that that is really stupid. But, anytime anyone makes one comment that happens to constructive or focuses on a negative, alot of people have a serious ******* heart attack. I dont watch the pats just to watch em, be happy or be sad, and to go to sleep at night. I watch the pats for the roller coaster ride, the excitement and the let downs. But, most importantly, they give me a reason to talk passionately about football. So, keep that in mind. Not all of us are blind, flag waving, lets never question a thing about the pats type of fans. It's fun to question and there is nothing wrong with that. Remember this isnt patsworshipgetdownonmykneesandopenmymouth.com. It's patsfans.com ALL fans. Even those who feel they have the right to boo when there team is playing like ****. But, thats for another thread. Also, way to go pats on being undefeated!
Another question. Did this really deserve its own thread? If this was posted in response to what others have said, then it should probably be under that thread. Well, since we have so many OFFICIAL threads around here. Lets make this one an OFFICIAL thread too...k?

holyredeemer said:
Im sorry, but I think this is a bit overblown. Just because our pats win a game doesnt mean we have no right to question calls, or question a players gameplay. Its called sportstalk. Isnt that what this site is about? Now, if anyone is posting about how the season is over, then yeah, I agree that that is really stupid. But, anytime anyone makes one comment that happens to constructive or focuses on a negative, alot of people have a serious ******* heart attack. I dont watch the pats just to watch em, be happy or be sad, and to go to sleep at night. I watch the pats for the roller coaster ride, the excitement and the let downs. But, most importantly, they give me a reason to talk passionately about football. So, keep that in mind. Not all of us are blind, flag waving, lets never question a thing about the pats type of fans. It's fun to question and there is nothing wrong with that. Remember this isnt patsworshipgetdownonmykneesandopenmymouth.com. It's patsfans.com ALL fans. Even those who feel they have the right to boo when there team is playing like ****. But, thats for another thread. Also, way to go pats on being undefeated!
Another question. Did this really deserve its own thread? If this was posted in response to what others have said, then it should probably be under that thread. Well, since we have so many OFFICIAL threads around here. Lets make this one an OFFICIAL thread too...k?

Breathe man......nobody said the team was beyond critisim. I think every poster has prefaced everything by saying that they see things that should be improved upon.

But lord....the team won the game today. Some people here refuse to let us enjoy the win and have bogged down threads titled "Encouraged by this win" by accusing fans of being blinded by homerism and jumping up and down with joy and glee and excitement for barely beating a bottom feeding team at home.

We all love the roller coaster ride. We all love the discussion and the debate back and forth......its the people who refuse to see the positives and will dwell only on the negative aspects of todays games DESPITE it being the opening game of the season against a team that ALWAYS plays us close AND has a new head coach AND has a very good offense AND has several good skill players AND despite the Pats having a history of winning by making the plays we need to to get the win and no more than that.

Nobody is saying you dont have the right to critisize the team. Shoot....if that were the case NEM would have been banned years and years ago. Just understand that there were two sides to this game, that we won the game, that there are positives to take from it and that people who want to be happy for the day are not foolish blind nits.

It is always the biggest doom and gloom criticizers who are the first to complain when someone criticizes THEM.

Kind of like the media.

R

RPCITY:

But lord....the team won the game today. Some people here refuse to let us enjoy the win and have bogged down threads titled "Encouraged by this win" by accusing fans of being blinded by homerism and jumping up and down with joy and glee and excitement for barely beating a bottom feeding team at home.

IN YOUR OPINION, EXPRESSING A NEUTRAL VIEW THAT WE NEED TO PROTECT BRADY, AND WILL HAVE TO PLAY MORE CONSISTENTLY AGAINST TOP TEAMS, IS CRASHING A THREAD. AND RESPONDING TO LOTS OF SARCASTIC REPLIES FROM YOUR CAMP ABOUT 'WE SHOULD JUST CANCEL THE SEASON' IS ALSO OFF LIMITS.

We all love the roller coaster ride. We all love the discussion and the debate back and forth......its the people who refuse to see the positives and will dwell only on the negative aspects of todays games

IS THERE ROOM IN YOUR WORLD VIEW FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT PLEASED THAT BRADY IS GETTING BEAT ON BY ONE OF THE MOST ANEMIC PASS RUSHING DEFENSES IN THE LEAGUE, AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PATS GIVE CONSISTENT EFFORT FROM START TO FINISH? IS THAT YOUR DEFINITION OF NEGATIVE? IS THAT ALL THE ROOM YOU HAVE FOR DISCUSSION AT THIS BOARD, WHEN SOMEBODY AGREES IT IS OKAY, BUT IF THEY ARE NEUTRAL ABOUT WHAT THEY SAW, YOU LABEL THEM NEGATIVE?

Nobody is saying you dont have the right to critisize the team.

NOBODY IS SAYING YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CRITISIZE THE TEAM.

BUT APPARENTLY, BEING OBJECTIVE AND TAKING IT ONE GAME AT A TIME IS OUT OF THE QUESTION.

Maybe I should have looked for the objective and neutral thread about how we take it one game at a time and don't get too excited after a so-so game against a so-so team. But I didn't see that thread, and I chose to give a contrarian view on an established thread. Sorry to cut into your precious time talking about how great your expectations are after watching the Bills game.

I would like to see more consistency in effort, and better pass protection against a top team before I know what we are made of this year.

Look out, he's breaking out the CAPS LOCK key ......

R

I think people get too caught up with what other people say... Who cares? They are only words... If i see a negative post, i don't read it... no big deal...

Most people feel better about themselves or the situation if they can ***** and moan about them, its human nature. So, don't worry about it.

njpatsfan said:
Look out, he's breaking out the CAPS LOCK key ......

R

Thats because I don't know how to highlight. You are a real funny guy! :cool:

deeds said:
I think people get too caught up with what other people say... Who cares? They are only words... If i see a negative post, i don't read it... no big deal...

Most people feel better about themselves or the situation if they can ***** and moan about them, its human nature. So, don't worry about it.

I agree, and when people go on and on in an endless tit for tat, it is just lame. Too bad RPCITY felt like crashing this thread with the re-cap of the previous thread that he is trying so hard to forget about because not all the comments were agreeable to him.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP BUT i AM GOING TO JUST USE CAPS WHEN i PLEASE!

I feel sooooooooo guilty, I expected the team to adjust, overcome, and win from the first hit on Brady. I know I should be calling for the no-huddle and demanding we trade our 2007 draft for Jonathan Ogden, but I just can't overcome this exuberance from the Pats winning a tough game. Help me Obi Nem KaFelgy! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back