PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Behind the scenes of Rams Draft room this is how a successful front office looks.

They had a single win more last season than the Patriots this season.
Sciz always here to bring things back to reality with facts.

Now show BTS of all their other picks the last 3 drafts.

They have 1 Super Bowl win over last 20 years and have traded a decade worth of 1st round picks...not a model I would ever want followed
If they use their first-round pick this year, it'll be for the first time since 2016.

Reactions: Ian
This has been explained by the people in the Rams draft room. They were expressing surprise because they were planning on drafting him themselves, having a high rating on him like the Pats but expecting him to still be available in a couple of rounds. In a way, the Pats' drafting of him validated their high rating.
That's right. And instead of acknowledging that, Snead and McVay decided to be arrogant and full of hubris, something people love to accuse BB of, and make a joke of it only to have their QB get sacked the most in the NFL.

That game was amazing I lost a gf due to that game.
She invited me to her house to watch the game. She wanted to mess around I wanted to watch every snap.

She picks up her phone like maybe so and so wants to give me attention I’m like sorry the Pats were here before you and they will be here after you.
Hey there playa, did this happen before or after you became a born again Christian?

It also came out that Strange was someone several other teams were reportedly considering in round two. People forget the Patriots took him at #29, not #19. They got jumped and lost the guy they wanted, so rather than trade back a few spots and risk losing him, they opted to treat that pick like an early round two pick, with the benefit of avoiding a Mankins-esque situation by also having a fifth-year option. He wasn't their first choice at that spot.

Crushing it with low round picks. Amazing season.

They had a single win more last season than the Patriots this season.
Last year was the only losing season of McKvay as the Rams HC.

Patriots had 3 in the last 4 years.

As a Rams HC, McKvay went to and won as many SB as Bill during the same period.

It also came out that Strange was someone several other teams were reportedly considering in round two. People forget the Patriots took him at #29, not #19. They got jumped and lost the guy they wanted, so rather than trade back a few spots and risk losing him, they opted to treat that pick like an early round two pick, with the benefit of avoiding a Mankins-esque situation by also having a fifth-year option. He wasn't their first choice at that spot.
That was probably leaked by Bill to justify the pick.

Edit: so because team were stupid enough to reach on a day 3 guy that mean that you have to panic and reach too?

They got jumped and lost the guy they wanted
I've heard this before but haven't heard who that player was. Do you know who?

Reactions: Ian
That was probably leaked by Bill to justify the pick.

Edit: so because team were stupid enough to reach on a day 3 guy that mean that you have to panic and reach too?
Could sort of say that about anybody since that theory nullifies anyone who was taken ahead of the "experts." None of it's obviously an exact science.

I've heard this before but haven't heard who that player was. Do you know who?
I forget ... think it might have been the linebacker the Jags took. They traded back in after making a deal with the Bucs and took Devin Lloyd at 27.

EDIT: I think I remembered reading Loyd and DT Devonte Wyatt (Packers took him at 28) were both on their radar, and both were gone.

Amazon Video Sam GIF by Red Oaks
You Are Amazing Love It GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
McVay would have laughed at these phantom 2nd round teams as well

It also came out that Strange was someone several other teams were reportedly considering in round two.
The obvious answer here is the Bucs, who also traded back and were coming up again at pick 33. They had a hole at guard because Marpet shockingly retired at age 28. You know, the Division III guard that they took in the second round in 2015.

Amazon Video Sam GIF by Red Oaks
You Are Amazing Love It GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
McVay would have laughed at these phantom 2nd round teams as well
awkward pulp fiction GIF

LOL, just telling you what came out long after it was over. :whistle:

Not exactly a ton of teams clammoring for pick #29 at that point, and if they took Strange in round two, I don't think too many people here would be as annoyed.

I know we will get the usual "Hardy har har" from some on the way the Rams built their Super Bowl winning team but even after that Super Bowl win they have been rebuilding pretty well. Their first 3 picks this year were all 17 game starters with Byron Young and Kobe Turner looking like studs. That doesn't even include Puka Nacua who had over 100 catches and almost 1500 yards.

Going back to their 2022 draft without a first round pick they came away with Karen Williams who looks like a home run and a couple corners who apparently have been a bit up and down but started a bunch of games.

2021 they ended up with a solid third receiver in Tutu Atwell who pushed Van Jefferson off the roster. A solid LB in Ernest Jones who has made some plays for them as well as some rotational defensive linemen.

For lacking high picks in the draft they seem to have come away with some pretty good (and pretty cheap) young players who could be the nucleus of the team going forward. They made the playoffs this season after coming into camp with nearly 40 rookies on the roster so they seem to be proving they can build a team in multiple ways.

Last edited:
They have 1 Super Bowl win over last 20 years and have traded a decade worth of 1st round picks...not a model I would ever want followed
This is an absurdly dishonest cope. Obviously, whatever praise OP and anyone else has for the Rams stems from how well McVay has run his offense, in combination with Les Snead at GM, a duo who has only been together since 2017.. yet you're trying to go all the way back to 2003-04 to make your silly point.

Yeah that's the ticket...

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back