PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard : Its superbowl or bust for BB after Collins trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I promise you (for example) if The Raiders beat NE in the AFCCG 27-21 or something like that the Collins argument will never disswpear from this season. Actually, if their defense is the reason they lose any playoff game then sadly BB will be blamed for it due to this trade. Just how it is.
Its a boston media and fan trait unfortunately. We always worry about the worst thing which will happen and feel miserable about it before it happens . Its like our comfort zone. I think this team over 16 yrs has earned some level of faith. they may not win it but if one player is the difference and that too collins , not brady then obviously we dont have a good enough team to win in what is a relatively watered down league this year.

After loosing at home against the Jets, Ravens and again to the Ravens over the last 6-7 years, never dismiss any team in the playoffs. They all want to prove that they are the best by beating the best and will play 100+% against us (except maybe not the Dolts as that is not in their nature).

I like our chances at home, obviously, but if lesser teams have gone on the road and won the superbowl (like the 2007 Giants, and 2012 Ravens) I think every team thinks they can win once they make the playoffs.

The Patriots need to be consistently good in all 3 phases of the game, and they can beat anyone, anywhere anyday.
This applies any year anywhere vs any team. Regardless of this trade.

If the Pats beat the Broncos they have HFA in the AFC and that should be able to get them there.

Against Denver it all comes down to the OL. I think you need to protect with 5 and send 5 out so that you have a few 1 on 1 matches you can go quick to as opposed to hurtling and leaving them with 7 to cover 3 while your 7 slowly lose to their 4 man pass rush with no one open.

Against Pitt you just need to score period. Hopefully contain Bell and Brown mostly and put up 30+,

The Oak are Pitt lite and no one else in the AFC really is concerning IMO.

Vs the NFC Seattle and Dallas could give the Pats issues but it is possible neither makes it and we get a fairly easy superbowl.
A lot can happen in 8 games. We saw how our season spiralled once edelman went down last yr. Same goes for denver. They are in a tough division and the raiders now enter a 4 game home stretch. The Pats vs Denver game is far away. And even if we beat them, we have had the habit of losing in miami which is the last game of the season. So it really doesnt come down to one game.

I Love how one of the tags is dumb writer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back