PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears Fans and their Arrogance/Stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I live in a Northwest suburb of Chicago. I am always surrounded by moronic Bears fans and have to listen to old Bears players on Chicago Radio. I even feel sorry for myself.

Anyways, The Daily Herald sports section had a "16-0" article on the front page.
The players, mainly Tommie Harris and another i can't remember keep mentioning Miami.

The fans already think they won the Superbowl.

I try to tell them that Colts do what the Bears are doing now EVERY YEAR for the past 4 years but they don't listen to me. They think the Bears are going to win the superbowl because of their margin of victory. It is disgusting

I have been in different places and listened to many different sports radio stations and i can say in full confidence that Chicago ones are the most obnoxious there are. Especially during a winning season.

They also fabricate excuses before they even play certain games. For example, The newspapers built up the defensive line of Detroit so much, you would think they were playing against 4 Reggie Whites. Whoever the DT for that team is that blocked a few kicks last year was getting talked about like he was already in the hall of fame. They do this so in case they lose, the excuse is already there to explain why.

Steve "Mongo" McMichael is an imbecile. He does the pregame crap on a Chicago radio station and i always listen to him on my drive to work just for amusement. It's the kind of thing you record and play for children explaining that "this is how not to talk". The guy's iq has to be in the 30s. He predicts the Bears to win 40-2 every week like he's a stand in for the SuperFans on SNL.

I hate the Bears. Hate them. Can't Wait until they choke. Can't Wait. Hate them.

The Bears are peaking too soon. They will soon fall back to earth. Probably around week 8 or 9...

Sunqueen212 said:
The Bears are peaking too soon. They will soon fall back to earth. Probably around week 8 or 9...

hmmm isnt that around the time they make the journey to the razor? :D

16-0 is a bit of a reach especially with injuries ect: - However 14-2 is not out of their reach and I can see this happening with that schedule and their pathetic division where their only true threat (Minn) has a quarterback that collects not only NFL Paychecks,but Social Security as well - They should beat all teams except The Giants and here at the Razor IF our WRs start catching balls on a regular basis by then.

Yeah. Too bad the Pats will ruin both their dreams. 16-0 and Superbowl :D

PATRIOT64 said:
16-0 is a bit of a reach especially with injuries ect: - However 14-2 is not out of their reach and I can see this happening with that schedule and their pathetic division where their only true threat (Minn) has a quarterback that collects not only NFL Paychecks,but Social Security as well - They should beat all teams except The Giants and here at the Razor IF our WRs start catching balls on a regular basis by then.

um, have you looked at our division yet. how can you say they have a weak schedule and not say the same about us? It is ok to give credit where credit is due.

As weak as the AFC East may be....the NFC Central is worse. The Fins have a much stronger defense than the Packers or Lions, and the Bills and Jets are both tough middle level teams, though neither are as good as the Vikings have been so far IMO.

That said....since our divisions play each other this year, comparing schedules doesn't make much sense.

I can relate, Keegs. I'm here in Joliet. I have alot of freinds here and I'm happy for them that their team is doing well. For the most part they're pretty cool about it.
This one guy from the shop, though,. After congratulating him on his team's recent success he starts telling me that the Bears are going to kick the Patriots ass and wants to bet me 20 bucks. I say sure, ok. Than he insists on 3 points because of homefield advantage. What? What happened to "...kicking our ass"?
I guess he wasn't so sure afterall.

I agree..peaking way too early and celebrating way before..THAT has to backfire..and the more they celebrate..the harder the fall...I agree.. they are totally obnocopis...they will fall hard..

It's a very long season!!! If they are celebrating and think 16-0 now, then they are in for a very painful letdown!!!!

Yes, 16-0 is overly optimistic, but the Bears do look to be the best team by far at this point in the season. You can't compare this team to the Colts of the past simply because of that defense. That said, it could be a very interesting game at the end of November.

363839 said:
This one guy from the shop, though,. After congratulating him on his team's recent success he starts telling me that the Bears are going to kick the Patriots ass and wants to bet me 20 bucks. I say sure, ok. Than he insists on 3 points because of homefield advantage. What? What happened to "...kicking our ass"?
I guess he wasn't so sure afterall.

I find this hilarious. First of all, who uses the line when betting amoungst each other. Second, in a game where the Bears will no doubt be the favorites, he's asking you for points.

As for the Bears going undefeated, it's not even like they're the Colts with Peyton at the helm. Their quarterback is Rex Grossman. If he doesn't give up at least one game this year I'll eat my hat.

Did these fools not see that little ronnie video last year? Ask the Colts fans how that turned out :D. 16-0 is just too hard to pull off, the talent is so spread out in the NFL these days that any team not named the Raiders right now can win any game and given Sunday. Hell even the Raiders will probably win 1 or 2 and they are the worst team I've seen in years.

Every flippin' year we have to deal with some team getting the 16-0 hype. It isn't going to happen. We are 5 games into a long season. And by the end, usually, a team will drop a game because they choose to rest their starters before the playoffs and a SB run.

Last year all we heard about was the Colts. This year, it's the Bears. It's all just annoying hype.

My roommate is a huge Bears fan and he had a decorative plate of the 85 Bears. He smashed it last night by accident, thus their season is doomed.

Re: Peaking too soon:

You'd think with their proximity to Kansas City and Indianapolis, the Chicago fans would know better.

Honestly, I hope they do go 16-0, just to stop that idiotic Miami '72 annual champagne party.

Then I hope we get them in the Super Bowl.

Chicagoland -----> home of the Superfan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Swerski's_Superfans

Bearsss!
Ditka!

I am routing for the Bears to go 15-1 (loss Nov. 26) and I hope we beat them in the Superbowl, only because I like the quaterback.

It would be pretty cool if they did go 16-0 and lost in the first round of the playoffs. I realize that means beating us, but it might be worth all the crap i would hear.

That would be the most embarrassing pathetic thing in sports history.

Biggest choke ever.

As cloud pointed out this team is an apples to oranges comparison of any Colts team because of their D. Say what you want about Grossman but he has thrown some really nice deep balls this year, many for TD's. The guy is playing good football right now and his defense puts him in a lot of short field situations.

They are the best team in the NFL after 5 weeks and I don't know how anyone could make an argument otherwise. With that said the only thing that keeps me from annointing them the NFC champions at this point (other than its only week 5) is the way Carolina (Steve Smith in particular) shredded that defense last year with their 4th string running back in the playoffs. It was as if Steve Smith was invisible or they just didn't know who he was. It was a horrible game for them and it is essentially the same players this year. The knock on them after that game was that they beat up on a lot of week offenses and got exposed by a good one. Lets look at their schedule thus far:

Packers - 17.4 ppg - Chicago shut them out
Lions - 17.6 ppg - Chicago allowed 7
Vikings - 17.8 ppg - Chicago allowed 16
Seahawks - 19.5 ppg - Chicago allowed 6 but the Hawks didn't have Alexander
Bills - 15.4 ppg - Chicago allowed 7

Although they haven't played a juggernaut offense this season, they have held their opponents below their season average. And if you look at their schedule they only play three really good offenses, the Giants, Rams and Pats. So once again we won't really know how good or great that defense is until January. But the offense is much improved over last year which makes them the team to beat in the NFC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back