PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Wins AP Coach of the Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well deserved, great coaching this year.

On Labor day weekend was driving during the "hurricane" and heard some mediot named Damon someone who was claiming that he was all washed up.. up yours Damon.

Ironical that this comes on the heels of the rehashing of Spygate..

Wow, that's awesome and well deserved.

Didn't expect that. Usually goes to whichever coach had the biggest win difference from the previous season.

BB (3) is now only one away from tying Don Shula’s (4) record for most Coach of the Year awards.

Last edited:
Eat that Goodell

All these awards and no SB. We are starting to resemble the Colts. Yuk

I just saw this on my FB feed and ran over here.

Yay, Coach!

Tom will be MVP too, I'm positive. Ugh, all these wonderful awards, so deserved but so bittersweet as well.

Yes, they can be put with the 18-0 banner...

It was a nice job until that last game, nice job Bill.

Suck on that lemon Roger Goodell. :rocker:

Greatest coach of all-time. Glad he got one this year, he was the most deserving. Case could've been made for COY in 2001 and 2008 as well. Wish it would've come with a Super Bowl but we can't have it all, I suppose.

Well deserved.

Next year he will hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

Congrats Coach, you've done great things for us. However, when I rank his best seasons as a coach, here's how I would do it:

1) 2001 - Took a down and out franchise whose only ray of light was a star quarterback, sat that star QB for a sixth rounder, and won the superbowl against all odds.

2) 2008 - A hugely talented team, yes, but devestated from the Superbowl the year before. Then, they are crushed when the best player in the league goes down. He rallies the team, and they show a ton of heart.

3) 2010 - Similar to 2001 . . . kinda.

4) 2003 - Led a proven, veteran, hungry team to the superbowl through tight games

5) 2006 - Almost gets to the big game against all odds, with two RBs, a limping one and a rookie one, no recievers.

Yes, they can be put with the 18-0 banner...

It was a nice job until that last game, nice job Bill.

I know, but at least I can rationalize as follows: if the Patriots were expected to be real contenders this year and had the exact same year, he would not have won. It's because they so exceeded expectations that he won going away. That takes the sting away a bit (though not much).

as a patriots fan, i really would rather be in the super bowl.

as a patriots fan, i really would rather be in the super bowl.

I'm pretty sure we all would, but it is nice to see the hard work of the season get some recognition is some way. Because when you stop and think about it, it really was remarkable what they did and who they did it with.

Congrats to Mr. Belichick. Well done.

the AP voters recognized that Belichick took an injury depleted team in the midst of a major re-building season and somehow eeked out an NFL best 14-2 season record with them.

That’s the definition of good coaching

Re: BB about to be named Coach of The Year?

I think Raheem Morris had less to work with and deserves it as well

At least Belichick had Brady and Wilfork...Tampa Bay is the youngest team in the NFL and Morris did a phenomenal job like Belichick did with a slightly less younger group

Tampa Bay also missed the playoffs and had a terrible record against winning teams.

I guess if there is a silver lining to the disappointing playoff loss, then the awards this week are it. Congratulations, Coach Belichick. You deserved it.

LMAO phone interview fail

:confused: are you kidding me? it was a great interview! BB answered all questions candidly, without any hesitation, or the 'BB speak' which we always hear in press conferences. I could hardly believe it was really BB giving that interview.

Congrats to Bill! The fact that it was a landslide gives me great hope that those outside the Patriot nation are slowly beginning to look past their hatred, and acknowledge BB's greatness. Oh and, gfy Roger.

Congrats to BB and Brady and the other Pats who are being honored this off-season. Now I know how so many other teams' fans felt the weeks before our SB appearances when they tried to console themselves with awards while we went after the big prize.

Nice award for Bill ... a testament to his dedication to be the best he can be at all times.

Any truth to the rumor he wants to trade it for a 2nd round pick?

Last edited:
:confused: are you kidding me? it was a great interview! BB answered all questions candidly, without any hesitation, or the 'BB speak' which we always hear in press conferences. I could hardly believe it was really BB giving that interview.

Congrats to Bill! The fact that it was a landslide gives me great hope that those outside the Patriot nation are slowly beginning to look past their hatred, and acknowledge BB's greatness. Oh and, gfy Roger.

Bill tried to connect with them on whatever site they were at for the NFLN segment, but the call broke up.

I think the comment you're referencing is a sarcastic gesture made at the NFLN due to the technical difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case