PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB vs. Reporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
It is funny that reproters continually complain that BB will not volunteer any information.

Yesterday, he surprisingly did volunteer information. He said he talked to Dillon before drafting Maroney, and explained to Dillon where they were going with the pick and the reasoning behind it.

So how did the reporters react? They tried to get BB to admit there was friction between him and Dillon and/or that Dillon was upset. Then, when BB wouldn't go deeper into it (at that point who could blame him), some moron reporter asked if BB called Hochstein and Neal before drafting Mankins next year (somehow equating Dillon and Hochstein/Neal).

That was the end of that exchange. Nice work, guys. Way to encourage BB to be more open with the press. I guess now you can go back to bashing him for not volunteering information.

spacecrime said:
It is funny that reproters continually complain that BB will not volunteer any information.

Yesterday, he surprisingly did volunteer information. He said he talked to Dillon before drafting Maroney, and explained to Dillon where they were going with the pick and the reasoning behind it.

So how did the reporters react? They tried to get BB to admit there was friction between him and Dillon and/or that Dillon was upset. Then, when BB wouldn't go deeper into it (at that point who could blame him), some moron reporter asked if BB called Hochstein and Neal before drafting Mankins next year (somehow equating Dillon and Hochstein/Neal).

That was the end of that exchange. Nice work, guys. Way to encourage BB to be more open with the press. I guess now you can go back to bashing him for not volunteering information.

I was a little surprised too that BB talked about Dillon like that..... You are absolutely right that the media complains about this and bashes him, but they are the reason he shuts down and stops talking in the first place. It's too boring for the media to ask him football questions, they want to stir up controversy and be the story!

Guess who asked that Hochstein question. I'll give you a hint - - he wrote an article this morning about CD's offseason preps.

shmessy said:
Guess who asked that Hochstein question. I'll give you a hint - - he wrote an article this morning about CD's offseason preps.

Nope. Ron did ask some other questions yesterday, but not that one.

Last edited:
Bill's Girl said:
I was a little surprised too that BB talked about Dillon like that..... You are absolutely right that the media complains about this and bashes him, but they are the reason he shuts down and stops talking in the first place. It's too boring for the media to ask him football questions, they want to stir up controversy and be the story!

The one time he did try to explain himself was when he turned down the Jets job. Now I grant you those were extrodinary circumstances and he didn't do a great job of explaining his decision but 7 years later he's still hearing about it. It's no wonder he prefers to just keep his mouth shut.

Just an aside -- is BB going for the "Tom Hanks in The DaVinci " code look? I guess it's the professorial look. Pretty soon he'll be putting elbow patches on his sweatshirt.

Christopher_Price said:
Nope. Ron did ask some other questions yesterday, but not that one.
If you'd only give us a hint of your gratuity rate for the "inside" dirt....Great job yesterday Chris! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News