Welcome to PatsFans.com

BB vs. Reporters

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by spacecrime, Apr 30, 2006.

1. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It is funny that reproters continually complain that BB will not volunteer any information.

Yesterday, he surprisingly did volunteer information. He said he talked to Dillon before drafting Maroney, and explained to Dillon where they were going with the pick and the reasoning behind it.

So how did the reporters react? They tried to get BB to admit there was friction between him and Dillon and/or that Dillon was upset. Then, when BB wouldn't go deeper into it (at that point who could blame him), some moron reporter asked if BB called Hochstein and Neal before drafting Mankins next year (somehow equating Dillon and Hochstein/Neal).

That was the end of that exchange. Nice work, guys. Way to encourage BB to be more open with the press. I guess now you can go back to bashing him for not volunteering information.
  2. Bill's Girl

Bill's Girl Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I was a little surprised too that BB talked about Dillon like that..... You are absolutely right that the media complains about this and bashes him, but they are the reason he shuts down and stops talking in the first place. It's too boring for the media to ask him football questions, they want to stir up controversy and be the story!
  3. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Guess who asked that Hochstein question. I'll give you a hint - - he wrote an article this morning about CD's offseason preps.
  4. Christopher_Price

Christopher_Price Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Nope. Ron did ask some other questions yesterday, but not that one.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  5. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The one time he did try to explain himself was when he turned down the Jets job. Now I grant you those were extrodinary circumstances and he didn't do a great job of explaining his decision but 7 years later he's still hearing about it. It's no wonder he prefers to just keep his mouth shut.

Just an aside -- is BB going for the "Tom Hanks in The DaVinci " code look? I guess it's the professorial look. Pretty soon he'll be putting elbow patches on his sweatshirt.
  6. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

If you'd only give us a hint of your gratuity rate for the "inside" dirt....Great job yesterday Chris! Thanks!