PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB and Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Pat

On the Roster
Reaction score
Im disappointed reading the thread about Josh staying that so many are hoping BB is getting fired and replaced by Josh. HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MINDS????

Im expecting BB to be HC next year and ween Josh into HC for the following year. Has our loss really changed people opinion of BB. Bill got us to the SB and the eagles are a very good team, i know losing hurts but come on guys.

I for one think this is fantastic news, Bill gets one last shot at a SB with a few quality players back playing and then Josh looks to the future.

yup.....firing BB talk is dumb.......however, BB himself may be beginning to long for hanging around with Ernie Adams, smokin weed and scheming up ridiculous ways of undermining opponents

Im disappointed reading the thread about Josh staying that so many are hoping BB is getting fired and replaced by Josh. HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MINDS????

Im expecting BB to be HC next year and ween Josh into HC for the following year. Has our loss really changed people opinion of BB. Bill got us to the SB and the eagles are a very good team, i know losing hurts but come on guys.

I for one think this is fantastic news, Bill gets one last shot at a SB with a few quality players back playing and then Josh looks to the future.
There is obviously a lot of emotion right now pertaining to BB's decision to bench Malcolm.

I'm the biggest BB supporter/apologist on this board and even I'm having a tough time justifying it.

I think people just need time to get over it and lets hope this is not the start of a pattern in which BB is making some crazy decisions that cost the team games.

Don't worry about it those n00bs are either trolls or over-emotional idiots.

BB had said he does not want to coach into his 70s. He will most likely resign in 3-5 years. Josh will most likely be named his successor.

There is obviously a lot of emotion right now pertaining to BB's decision to bench Malcolm.

I'm the biggest BB supporter/apologist on this board and even I'm having a tough time justifying it.

I think people just need time to get over it and lets hope this is not the start of a pattern in which BB is making some crazy decisions that cost the team games.

It's not. I'm like you, can't grasp it. There's way more to it that we don't know.

It's not. I'm like you, can't grasp it. There's way more to it that we don't know.
I've resigned myself to it. We will never know. I don't believe anyone. I don't believe Malcolm. I don't believe BB. I'm done.

Its kinda like the JFK assassination. We know what happened (benching, loss) and we know who is being blamed (BB) but what were all the events/actions/motivations that led to the outcome?

BB had said he does not want to coach into his 70s. He will most likely resign in 3-5 years. Josh will most likely be named his successor.
I think after 2019 making it an even 20 years as HC in NE would be a logical exit point. He needs what, 22 wins to get to 300 (regular and post) for his career? That seems easily doable in that time frame too.

Crazy that a couple months ago most of the B.B. talk centered around “will he coach long enough to catch Shula” and days after a brutal SB loss and a highly divisive decision we seem to have something resembling a succession plan in place.

Coach Bill Bellichick will be 66 in April and has stated that he does not want coach into his 70's. Is is fair to say he has a maximum of four more seasons? He could retire after the 2021 season which would actually be the winter of 2022 and a few months before his 70th birthday.

You're assuming they had one to begin. I'm joking, sort of....but firing BB would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to a Patriot fan. I mean its so ridiculous that I have to laugh.

Play along with this hypothetical analogy. If the 'secret recipe' is a thousand page book. Josh McDaniels is still on page 1. The secret sauce is the overall system and the author is BB. WAIT WAIT STOP STOP STOP STOP- Do not think X's and O's when you hear the word system! That's maybe 3 pages out of 1000. This is not a knock on Josh. The assistant coaches are not privy to the overall system. Now, there are reports that say Bill will begin to include Josh into the deeper workings. This would be invaluable to Josh. Its called a transition plan. Will Josh ever be as great as BB at coaching and executing the overall system? Probably not, but I don't think anyone will.

Look....TB12 is the goat. I love Butler and think he should have been in the game. I don't know why he wasn't. Few people do. There's a lot of speculation. The system keeps things locked up. We love it when its BB saying he's not a doctor, but we hate it when we don't understand it. If you think BB purposely wanted to lose so he didn't play Butler. You should probably stop reading this. That's proof you are unable to reason or rationalize. Remove the emotion. The team follows guidelines and policies. They are all part of the overall system. Somehow something black and white within the system was breached and the result was Butler was benched.

Let's take a deep breath and execute a 2 or 3 year transition plan to ensure the Patriots are competitive for a couple more decades.

Last edited:
BB has built up tons of credit and trust but it seems like he committed a terrible sin. I honestly don't know how to process it. I find myself agreeing with both his attackers and defenders.

If the crystal ball said there are 3 more years of Belichick and Brady together, i’d be cool with that. I think the 2019 season and it’s aftermatch will be the most revealing and compelling. It’s worth remembering that the Pats are the AFC champions, and while we have become accustomed to Super Bowl win or bust, that’s a heck of an accomplishment. Bill is a competitor, and a competitor like him recognizes that they are knocking on the door to one more Super Bowl before he rides into the sunset. It’s hard to see him just completely flipping the switch going into the 2018 season and saying “alright Josh, have your way while I standby”. It’s also hard to see him believe that he only has one more go at it.

This coming year should be business as usual. Josh might be “groomed” so to speak, but I don’t really expect that process to show up when watching the games.

Honestly a coach Gamble's sometimes. This is the same argument against Seattle where he didn't call a timeout and if they scored there would be no time left and he would have been bashed

I'd honestly be happily surprised if BB coaches beyond this next season.

Still pretty raw about Sunday, but those feelings are pretty easily dwarfed by my seething hatred of Don Shula.

BB pushed for McDaniels to stay. According to Mike reiss, BB will groom McDaniels to be the next head coach by showing him all of his secrets, salary cap, everything for him to take over.

BB pushed for McDaniels to stay. According to Mike reiss, BB will groom McDaniels to be the next head coach by showing him all of his secrets, salary cap, everything for him to take over.

I think players fans coaches of other teams despise McDaniels more than anyone else....

Do we want that? I’m sick of the hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick