PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As Brady passes Bledsoe in passing yards tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew Bledsoe one of my all time fav pats

he is 8th all time in passing yerd's with 44611 yerd's

13th all time in TD's with 251 TD's

he still hold's the record for Passes Attempted 691 and Passes Completed 400 in 1994

and from 94 to 96 he throw the ball a amazing 1950 time's and who said the tuna love's to run the ball lol

he is 5th all time in Passes Attempted and 6th all time in Passes Completed

he was a great QB

That's probably one of my - if not the - favorite Drew moments right there.
The back-to-back comebacks and the win @ Pittsburgh were what I called at the time Bledsoe's "arrival"...when he *finally* put together some toughness, clutch play and good decision-making to go along with his talent. Up until then, he would have a good game and follow it up against a stinker vs. a D that had him (all too easily) figured out. He carried that good play well into 1999, then it all unraveled after the bye week...fittingly vs. a BB-coached Jets D. Nonetheless, I still contend that stretch from the 1998 Miami MNF game to the 1999 bye week is Bledsoe's best stretch as a Patriot.

Regards,
Chris

Re: As Brady passes Bledsoe in passing yards tonight....

The king is dead,long live the king!

I would have to say that my favourite game that Drew Bledsoe played in was in 97, the ot win over the Jets. He didn't actually play that well but it was one wild night when we got back to Boston after we beat them in overtime. I had never hated any team before that year but when Parcells sold out on us I was just disgusted. I will never forget that game.

I have to say though as far as great games go, the comeback against the Vikings was awesome, that was probably his best performance.

It doesn't compare though to beating the Jets in our first game under Peter Carroll after all the stuff that went on before the season even began.

I wonder if the "Snowshoes" Drew Bledsoe wore while he was moving around in the pocket as QB for the PATS will be retired into the Patriots HOF:confused::rolleyes:

The back-to-back comebacks and the win @ Pittsburgh were what I called at the time Bledsoe's "arrival"...when he *finally* put together some toughness, clutch play and good decision-making to go along with his talent. Up until then, he would have a good game and follow it up against a stinker vs. a D that had him (all too easily) figured out. He carried that good play well into 1999, then it all unraveled after the bye week...fittingly vs. a BB-coached Jets D. Nonetheless, I still contend that stretch from the 1998 Miami MNF game to the 1999 bye week is Bledsoe's best stretch as a Patriot.

Regards,
Chris

Yep mid-1999 is when he lost me. However, in fairness to DB the teams talent level was dipping big time. Terry Allen at RB? Spare me.

No, he was a good QB who put up great numbers.

I think Drew was one of the greatest players in terms of being a New England Patriot, but in terms of the overall NFL in his position then you could say he was a very good and solid QB for many years.

Imagine how much longer this team could have suffered for another 8 years or so if the Patriots FO and Parcells picked Rick Mirer in the 1993 draft instead of Bledsoe :eek:- Mirer was a complete bust for the Seahawks as a #2 pick that year and ended up as a crappy journeyman who won little for his teams.

There are lots of fans with hazy recollections where Drew is concerned...luckily BB wasn't one of them.

I agree with you, however the rest of this thread has broken into yet another Bledsoe lovefest.

1993: Rookie on an awful team, but finished year strong. Played major spoiler in OT win over Miami in finale.

1994: 3-6 to 10-6...fun ride with the first postseason visit in 8yrs. The 7-game winning streak started with that famous Minnesota comeback.

Pats lost to the BB coached CLEVELAND Browns in the 1st playoff game

Bledsoe's career reminds me so much of Dan Pastorini's career. Not their styles of play or anything like that, but both were hailed as the top quarterbacks of their draft and were placed in a situation that saw them struggle early in their careers until they got the pieces to finally start winning (Johnson, Campbell for Pastorini: Martin, Glenn for Bledsoe and he had Coates), then they started succeeding a bit more although the Oilers success was short lived while the Patriots success was merely a start to where they are now.

Pats lost to the BB coached CLEVELAND Browns in the 1st playoff game
3 picks by Drew. I think he was out drinking with me the night before as that game was on New Years Day.

What really ticked me off about that game was how the Pats made Testaverde look like a world-beater. Then he predictably stinks it up in Pittsburgh the next game.

Regards,
Chris

There are lots of fans with hazy recollections where Drew is concerned...luckily BB wasn't one of them.

Wow, it's official. All you do nowadays is come in and take a piss in threads. What happened, wife leave you recently?

Wow, it's official. All you do nowadays is come in and take a piss in threads. What happened, wife leave you recently?

Only idiots like you know who (the one you quoted) use a forum name connected to a player who nearly killed Bledsoe and I mean killed as in dead (not an NFL slang term).....Some people are simply ignorant and even worse think they know it all about the NFL and the Pats by sitting with a laptop and typing away...pathetic and arrogant.

On a evening where Brady takes over as the Patriots career passing yards leader from Bledsoe when he passes for more than 163 yards this evening (29,657 currently held by Drew) , I want to express my utmost respect to Drew who was my favorite sports figure in the late 90s and I am sure it is going to be an honor for Tom to overthrow Drew as Patriots all-time passing leader in yardage this evening....It would take a monstrous defensive effort from the Saints to stop Brady from reaching this milestone that at one time no one ever thought would be surpassed for the forseeable future while it was back a decade ago.

Lets remember what Drew did for this organization from taking us from the laughing stock of the league in 1990 to a Super Bowl appearance just 6 years later.

I also want to send my congratulations to Tom for achieving this incredible feat in a pretty short period of time despite not having HOF WRs in his early career like Peyton has had his whole career.

Not to mention I think Tom has a legitimate chance to reach 30,000 yards next week and what an exciting time it would be for the Patriots organization to not only win an important game but for Tom to break some records and reach the 30,000 plateau against rival Miami.

With that being said,LETS GO PATS AND KNOCK OFF THEM SAINTS!!

Well Said! and with that said, I've been a Pats Fan since 1976 thanx to another QB, Steve Grogan. Grogan-Bledsoe-Brady Baby! Bledsoe was a major part of this organization. I have like over 200 Bledsoe cards. I remember how much they were worth yrs back, shame what their propbably worth now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back