PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Article: Moss Viking stories leaking out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i personally dont care why he was releasd etc but the caterer story is a little sad .whtever spin it is, it happpened and anyone who behaves like that to people irks me even if its randy.
my take , Problem with randy is -he says its all business and 100 times but he acts and behaves anything like its business when he isnt in a happy situation.it becomes personal to him which effects his game and his personality off the field .there are many players on many bad teams who would love to play in a better situation but as randy says, its business-they come to work,do what they can best and come back next week. Randy lets personal emotions come in business and totally contradicts his own claim of "its business".

Wat i am saying is that we could have gotten more then a 3rd rounder for Moss.I am still sure of that.

Wat i am saying is that we could have gotten more then a 3rd rounder for Moss.I am still sure of that.

Smacks of desperation on our part.

Given these episodes, something problematical is going on in his life that he's having a tough time handling. Maybe the Pats knew or sensed this. All I can say is that I'm concerned for his well being and wish him the best.

:ditto: We don't know if every detail of every story is true but there's a definite commonality, a concerning one, running through all of them.

Given these episodes, something problematical is going on in his life that he's having a tough time handling. Maybe the Pats knew or sensed this. All I can say is that I'm concerned for his well being and wish him the best.

i think its simply a case of him being an environment/job where he isnt happy and doesnt want to be but has no choice because he cant leave the vikings unless he retires.. and sorry to say maybe ,just maybe, he isnt professional enough to honor the contract to go and play hard every play like he would in a happy situation. As i said, he lets personal feelings effect his business and profession.

It speaks volumes to how big of a cancer this guy must be for a player of his caliber to be passed around the league like this. He's arguably the most talented receiver of all time yet no one seems to want him right now.

Well, I hope BB is reading so he can consult with you on future decisions.

It speaks volumes to how big of a cancer this guy must be for a player of his caliber to be passed around the league like this. He's arguably the most talented receiver of all time yet no one seems to want him right now.

Actually from the rumors it seems there are many teams that want him including possibly the pats. I guess it would include any team not run by the lunch lady.

Actually from the rumors it seems there are many teams that want him including possibly the pats. I guess it would include any team not run by the lunch lady.

Well, that take the Jets out of the mix for potential landing spots for Moss.

Considering the Patriots traded him away, I don't think they want him too much.

Considering the Patriots traded him away, I don't think they want him too much.

Two things:

1. It meant they wanted him less than a third round pick, doesn't mean they didn't want him at all. Just less than a third round pick. Most any team that files a waiver claim was not willing to give up a 3rd round pick to get Moss a couple of weeks ago either.

2. When they traded Randy away, Randy didn't want to be here and wasn't playing well with the other kids. After spending time away, now Randy seems to have changed his mind and is more likely to play well with other for at least the rest of the season, if he is allowed to return.

Last edited:
Two things:

1. It meant they wanted him less than a third round pick, doesn't mean they didn't want him at all. Just less than a third round pick. Most any team that files a waiver claim was not willing to give up a 3rd round pick to get Moss a couple of weeks ago either.

2. When they traded Randy away, Randy didn't want to be here and wasn't playing well with the other kids. After spending time away, now Randy seems to have changed his mind and is more likely to play well with other for at least the rest of the season, if he is allowed to return.

What you say is true. The point I was making originally was that I think it is strange how arguably the 2nd best receiver of all-time, albeit far removed from his prime, but still very effective, is on the brink of being on his 3rd different team in the span 4 and a half weeks. You'd think that a player of his caliber would be more valuable to a team than a mid-round draft pick.

Well, I hope BB is reading so he can consult with you on future decisions.

Why do you come up with this reply? If thats the way you think then why are you bothering to post here at all?

Last edited:
What you say is true. The point I was making originally was that I think it is strange how arguably the 2nd best receiver of all-time, albeit far removed from his prime, but still very effective, is on the brink of being on his 3rd different team in the span 4 and a half weeks. You'd think that a player of his caliber would be more valuable to a team than a mid-round draft pick.

I'm still convinced that the trade was his idea.

Regardless if the story is true or not, the fact of the matter is for the last 6 months he's continued to spiral out of control.
he fired his long time agent.
he has a long, crazy press conference.
he doesn't show 100% effort.
he fights with a coach.
he gets traded.
he doesn't show 100% effort.
he fights with a coach.
he has a crazy press conference.
he gets waived.

he doesnt like bbq

Randy plays when Randy want to play. He has said so much himself. A Randy who doesn't want to be a part of the team ain't worth a 7th round pick. A Randy that is out to prove something will break a record set by Jerry Rice. The player that left wasn't worth a sixth round pick. But I firmly believe if no team puts in a waiver wire claim and the Pats let him come back he will have the same fire as the 2007 version.

I'm still convinced that the trade was his idea.

But he has been hugely valuable to the Vikings without them looking his way much.

Just look at Percy Harvin. 106 yards through the first 3 weeks, and 287 in 4 games since Moss came in.

Why do you come up with this reply? If thats the way you think then why are you bothering to post here at all?

Easy. It was a sarcastic reply to a poster who seems determined to think BB screwed this situation up somehow. After all this. It's FREAKIN' LAUGHABLE.

Sarcastic replies are actually quite common around here and on every Internet outlet around. It's why that little rolly-eyed guy :rolleyes: was created, ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents