Arrest Warrant Reportedly Issued For Patriots Aaron Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Arrest Warrant Issued For Patriots Aaron Hernandez
By: Steve Balestrieri

Originally deemed "not a suspect", Hernandez was tied to the scene by a rental vehicle that was leased in his name....

Re: Arrest Warrant Issued For Patriots Aaron Hernandez

"Lloyd and Hernandez dated sisters thus providing the link between the two men.

Two men leaving Hernandez’s home on Tuesday, were taken in, questioned and released later on Tuesday evening. At the same time, police executed a search warrant at Hernandez’s home. Hernandez reportedly turned in his own surveillance cameras and his cellphone smashed and in pieces when police wanted to review the tapes.

Fox 25 news reported on Friday morning that a neighbor had turned over their own surveillance tapes and it showed Hernandez and two other men wearing sweatshirts and hoods leaving his home following gunshots early on Monday morning."

Makes me sick-I can only imagine how the team feels.

Yup, put a fork in him because he is done. Stupid, stupid man. So much promise for a good life, thrown down the drain.

ESPN just reported neighborhood surveillence caught Hernandez and Lloyd together at 2AM. Not good. They didnt elaborate on where this was. Even if he beats this somehow i sure cant root for a scumbag like this

I think he's done....... More will come out, I'm sure, but I think it's gets worse and worse for him.......... What a phenomenal waste of talent. :mad:

ESPN just reported neighborhood surveillence caught Hernandez and Lloyd together at 2AM. Not good. They didnt elaborate on where this was. Even if he beats this somehow i sure cant root for a scumbag like this

Wow. If true, well, that is so very, very bad.

This offseason has sucked.

Such a shame. Lloyd's life taken from him and a football career with a team that gave him a clean slate, an opportunity to utilize his god given talent and paid him handsomely for it is essentially over.

Stopping short of saying AHern was THE triggerman or an accessory before/after the fact but for whatever the reason, he is dodging the law and involved in the murder at some level.

What a waste.

I can't believe this. I really liked Aaron. Shocked honestly.

Multi million dollar talent and 2 cent head (and that's even if he has little involvement in the situation -- which appears less likely every day).

Even if he's not found guilty of anything, he'll have this hanging over his head forever.

I'm just going to wait until we have the facts as the Police and Prosecutor see them and then give Hernandez a chance to tell his side of the story.

I long ago decided not to invest too much emotionally in any professional athlete as a person, so I don't find this as upsetting as others out here seem to find it.

I think of these guys as highly talented entertainers, whose skills are both physical and mental.

But, I really don't think that we "know" any of them unless they are our friends or we have friends who know them (really know them, not claim to know them or fantasize they know them because they've read a lot about them or watched hours of interviews or read puff-piece books and articles or they spent a few minutes with them at an event or say hello to them in the neighborhood).

The more high profile these players are, the more they have highly paid advisers who help them "position" themselves to enhance their marketability; but we should never deceive ourselves that we know them or really know who they are or what kind of person they are. The guys with stratospheric Q Scores have carefully choreographed public personas and are protected from unscripted interactions that could lead to someone making a claim against them or embarrassing them in any way.

So, my basic attitude is to hope they are indeed what they seem to be, but not to have too many illusions.

I'd love to know what Gronk or Tom thinks

Still trying to wrap my brain around how stupid Hernandez is, and what a series of stupid missteps he has taken...

Never thought he was all that bright, but I was on the low side..

He is innocent until he is proven guilty, so we will see..

I'm just going to wait until we have the facts as the Police and Prosecutor see them and then give Hernandez a chance to tell his side of the story.

I long ago decided not to invest too much emotionally in any professional athlete as a person, so I don't find this as upsetting as others out here seem to find it.

I think of these guys as highly talented entertainers, whose skills are both physical and mental.

But, I really don't think that we "know" any of them unless they are our friends or we have friends who know them (really know them, not claim to know them or fantasize they know them because they've read a lot about them or watched hours of interviews or read puff-piece books and articles or they spent a few minutes with them at an event or say hello to them in the neighborhood).

The more high profile these players are, the more they have highly paid advisers who help them "position" themselves to enhance their marketability; but we should never deceive ourselves that we know them or really know who they are or what kind of person they are. The guys with stratospheric Q Scores have carefully choreographed public personas and are protected from unscripted interactions that could lead to someone making a claim against them or embarrassing them in any way.

So, my basic attitude is to hope they are indeed what they seem to be, but not to have too many illusions.

As I have posted elsewhere, I'm going to wait to see how things play out. IIRC, the District Attorney has 72 hours to press charges after an arrest is made. We'll see then how things stand. I can also tell you from personal experience that being arrested on a Friday is another police tactic. It's a pain being held over a weekend when it's harder to reach anyone in the court system and the jail scales back a bit on staff. It makes the person being incarcerated more frustrated and can sometimes lead to them saying things they otherwise would not. Most of the time, too, unless Hernandez' attorney is a great persuader, he'll be in over the weekend waiting to see a judge on a bail hearing.

When I was arrested it was a Friday afternoon of a three-day weekend. I had to wait in the jail until Tuesday to get a bail hearing before a judge and be released. I was arrested driving a friend's car to the store for him. It turns out that he had several warrants outstanding and the cops thought that I was him. Even though I had both my driver's license AND my VA card with me, they took me in and it was almost two weeks before the charges were dropped when they realized that I wasn't him. But that's another story.

I'm not jumping on the Hernadez-is-done bandwagon just yet. I'm gonna wait and see how things play out first. That's what we are supposed to do for our fellow citizens. Assumed innocent until proven guilty.

Still trying to wrap my brain around how stupid Hernandez is, and what a series of stupid missteps he has taken...

Never thought he was all that bright, but I was on the low side..

Profoundly mind-boggling, isn't it? From fourth-round pick to $40 million contract. And he just recently was named by his peers as the 77th-best player in the NFL. Stupid doesn't even begin to describe the life and talent he has squandered over immature nonsense.

Needless to say, our boy is in some serious ****. Wonder how the league is going to react. A year-long suspension wouldn't surprise me.

Needless to say, our boy is in some serious ****. Wonder how the league is going to react. A year-long suspension wouldn't surprise me.

I have no idea, but if the worst that people are speculating is true...or even the "near worst"...a one year suspension will be at the bottom of his list of his worries.

Let's just wait and see. We don't know any facts.

No warrant issued.

Profoundly mind-boggling, isn't it? From fourth-round pick to $40 million contract. And he just recently was named by his peers as the 77th-best player in the NFL. Stupid doesn't even begin to describe the life and talent he has squandered over immature nonsense.

he'll recover from "immature nonsense." Not so much from murdering someone or obstructing an investigation into or being an accomplice after the fact to a murder.

but, that's all pure speculation at this point. let's just wait and see what really happened. i'm suspending all judgment.

Maybe they'll pull out the Ray Lewis playbook and have AH testify against his buddies. Seems the only way he (if the evidence is circumstantial) gets off w/o doing serious time.

Either way, I don't see him staying in a Pats uniform because of this.

I'd love to know what Gronk or Tom thinks

We'll never know what they really think, at least what TB really thinks.

Anything Brady says will be vetted and reviewed by far more numerous and far more expensive agents, flacks and lawyers than you or I could ever imagine hiring. By the time he says it, it will sound completely spontaneous and natural but you can bet your next paycheck that every word and gesture will be scripted; Tom Brady won't risk the Brady-Bundchen Brand, a billion dollar enterprise BTW, on this guy IF he did anything like what people are speculating that he might have done.

I do think that TB will say the things that a supportive teammate would be expected to say, but not a whole lot more. I expect a lot of "he's my friend," a "great teammate," "a real hard worker," "important part of our team," "I sure hope he comes back soon."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back