PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arod Staying with the Yanks.

Can you believe they are willing to give him 10 years. I also find it funny that A-Rod agreed to not have Boras in the meetings.

Can you believe they are willing to give him 10 years. I also find it funny that A-Rod agreed to not have Boras in the meetings.

That's going to especially hurt when A-Rod gets caught up in the Steroids scandal.

I'm not sure if he's on George Mitchell's list but it seemed like the Sox sent clear signals they had no interest in A-Rod - and at the very least Jose Canseco has already announced that A-Rod's going to be a person of interest in his next book.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20022359/

I hate A-Rod going back to the Yankees. I wanted to see them without his bat in their lineup.

I like the fact that I can fully embrace hating him now. I used to feel bad for him and the way NY treated him because he only went there to get out of Texas. He had his opportunity to get away from Jeter, the booing, east coast baseball, and the NY press. He has chosen to put up with it all.

I love the way the Yankees are bending over and taking it. They were going to offer him a 5 year/150M extension. Add that to the 3/81 he had left on his contract and subtract the 21M Texas was subsidizing and that means that the Yankees were going to effective offer him 8/210 before opting out. After opting out he's getting 10/275, with rumors of big incentives added on.

The Yankees swore they wouldn't negotiate with him and have now upped their offer. Add to this that there is no hint of any other team being interested at anything more than 25M a year for 6-8 years and the Yankees folded faster than Superman on laundry day.

I hate seeing him back in NY, but Hank Steinbrenner looks like he'll be fun.

Well then I would have really missed the Arod sucks chants. :)

Seriously though, AROD is a world class talent, but if the Sox had signed him I would have worried about his inevitable postseason collapses.

Only the Yankees really had the dough to throw around to sign Arod. And now they've made the 10 year commitment.
275 million plus what, another 25 million when he beats Bonds career homerun record? I hope the Yankees enjoy paying out that 30M per year for an ancient designated hitter when AROD reaches ages 40, 41, and 42.

The length of that contract is what really kills it imo. I'm glad that the Red Sox are not financially handcuffed for the next 10 years

2nd best news of the day behind the Bonds news.

Yup - the Yankees will continue to have the "Curse of the Rodrigo" stay with them

No team Alex Rodriguez has played with has ever played in, let alone won, a World Series.... and near as I can tell, the curse remains with a team even after Rodriguez leaves, as neither the Rangers nor the Mariners have been near the World Series since he played with them

Thank God we don't inherit such a curse!

It amuses me how Yankee fans are telling Sox fans how screwed we are now that A-Rod is signed.

Um... wasn't he on their team last year? And how did they do again?

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back