PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aren't we all going a little overboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point taken...

However, what's the point of being a fan if we're not allowed to have some fun in the good times? We all know there's ups and downs and thankfully over the last decade there's been alot more ups than downs as a Pats fan. I would like to think most of us know this and know that "Any Given Sunday..." etc. etc. However, the team has just been lights out as of late, as has Brady, and so that just feeds a real high flyin' vibe right now. Let's enjoy it! :singing:

C'mon man! :D

All I have heard this week is how the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl and Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever...it is as if the Packers are not going to even show up. Also can someone please note that Brady almost threw three picks last Sunday; if it is was not for the butterfingers of the Bears the whole complexion of the game would have been different.

The Packers with all their injuries and Matt Flynn under center might as well not even show up.

The Pats beat the Bears by 30 and that's while easing up on them on the second half. The only near-pick that could've changed anything was the first one. The others came when the game was well out of hand. They dominated Chicago, don't spin that win as a "well, one break that went their way would have changed the game!" type of game. It wasn't.

Chill out, man. You are allowed to get excited. It's very funny how this fanbase likes to behave as if they were a part of the organization.

Last edited:
It's good to know the Negative Nancy Brigade is still alive and well.

Indeed. I think Pessimistic Pete and this guy need to switch names. I mean, damn. The self-described most pessimistic guy on the board is getting on the bandwagon, and even Sean Da Patriot is coming around. :D

I'm still waiting for some of our other truly dour types to show their face, but I haven't seen most of them since the Browns game. Can't imagine why...

All I have heard this week is how the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl and Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever...it is as if the Packers are not going to even show up. Also can someone please note that Brady almost threw three picks last Sunday; if it is was not for the butterfingers of the Bears the whole complexion of the game would have been different.

Yes, yes we are. And if my aunt had balls she would have been my uncle.

wow, the claws are out!!

:D

You all are right, we are playing pretty awesome right now.

I would however love to finish strong. I always try to bring myself back to 2007 when the fall was hard. I guess I would rather fall not as far as opposed to getting caught up in the hype...:confused:

I just don't want this crow feeding being dished out by the 2010 Patriots to end!

Man I sound like a woman, time for someone to slap me with some Brut....

If you can't enjoy a win like the last one, I really don't know what you get out of being a fan.

Sure, a lot of things went right for the team. But remember. Many of us weren't particularly confident going into the game. Chicago is a good team, they were at home, they really needed the win, the conditions were atrocious. In the circumstances, I'd have been delighted with 21-20.

And then there were the individual performances. Did you SEE that catch by Tate? Do you think he's been putting in the effort after his disappointing drop? How could you not be happy?

Not sure what board you are reading. If by "WE" you mean the mediot non-fans, then I might agree, but their job is histrionics for ratings.

Does this thread reflect some need to feel depressed, even when things are going well?

Most of the articles indicate that the authors have high expectations given the performance against the Jets and Bear with three games remaining. If some other team has come close to that level, feel free to point it out to us so we can wallow in your despair.

The Pats players say every week they have won nothing yet, and that is accurate. A championship is dicey even under even the best of circumstances. For authors to speculate based on past performance, including blowout wins against top defenses and wins over every playoff hopeful in the AFC, that the Pats would be a favorite is not lunacy. The Pats are not perfect, but in recent weeks it can reasonably be said they are closer to perfection than any other team in the NFL.

Fans are bad at enjoying life sometimes. Every game is so much fun to watch, every single play. Seeing our guys in action and getting better! Exhilarating. I think it would be awesome to go all the way, but if not, what a great year anyway!

Seems some people would immediately start worrying about a super-bowl hangover if we won it all. Have fun with the season guys. Pop by a Jets forum today. That's SURE to help.

When you go to parties, do you tell them the music is too loud, the drinks have too much alcohol and the crowd is causing your asthma to act up?

I know there's one guy on this site who lives life by telling everyone to "take sips not chugs" ;)

Last edited:
I haven't seen a single person going overboard. What I've seen is people saying:

1) Pats are the best team in football right now.

2) Brady should win the MVP.

3) It's very likely we're going to win the division, and we're in the driver's seat for home field.

If you can tell me any of those are NOT true, then we're going overboard.

I couldn't agree with you more. This team has put together a string of awsome games. However, what happens when we turn the ball over? What happens when we fall behind and we have to play from behind against a good team? What happens when our offense can't put up 30+ points. Next, I'm waiting for all of the "are we the greatest dynasty of all time?" posts to start. Let's enjoy the ride and see what happens.

It's just a natural consequence when a team destroys what was supposed to be their toughest competition and you have best QB in football playing at this level. To an extent I agree and can't stand all the "SB talk" already 'cause we all know what can happen when you're the pre-eminent favorite and injuries could show up. The one thing I put faith in is the huge advantage this team has in the head coach and the veteran leadership of Brady and Wilfork.

Here, Here.

It's really tiresome seeing a bunch of Messageboard FANS** get excited about their team, who merely dropped a combined 80-spot on 2 of the best defenses in the league in a 6-day period, while their "young" defense gave up 10 in the same stretch when their prior average would have expected them to give up 36.

You're totally right. We all need to refocus a bit here and start talking about the REALLY important stuff here. You guys do all realize our "rent-a-kicker for the year" missed and XP against Chicago (during a blizzard).

FANS** - Fans, as in "short for fanatic and sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person with an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking and enthusiasm for a sporting club, person (usually a celebrity), group of persons, company, product, activity, work of art, idea, or trend. ..." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's just a natural consequence when a team destroys what was supposed to be their toughest competition and you have best QB in football playing at this level. To an extent I agree and can't stand all the "SB talk" already 'cause we all know what can happen when you're the pre-eminent favorite and injuries could show up. The one thing I put faith in is the huge advantage this team has in the head coach and the veteran leadership of Brady and Wilfork.

Name me a single season in the BB/Brady era where the Patriots were considered the best team in football by this time of the year and they didn't reach the Superbowl.

We don't "know what can happen". The worst that has happened when we were in this situation before was losing the SuperBowl. And I don't think anyone here is sure that they'll win it all, some are just excited about their chances of getting to the big game.

i would encourage the fan who started this thread and the other fans agreeing him to read transcripts of Brady's and the other player's PCs.

The players drink BB's koolaid and seem to shut out the outside world while preparing for their next opponent in a methodical way. They are focused - helped largely by BB and his coaches - and that's the most important thing.

Who cares if some fans go overboard or are unduly pessimistic? of course Brady might lay another egg, our D might collapse. Or, Brady might go with no INT until the SB victory, our D might keep all the opponents below 10 pts?

I am thrilled with the way our team is playing and am savouring every moment of it.

Last edited:
Name me a single season in the BB/Brady era where the Patriots were considered the best team in football by this time of the year and they didn't reach the Superbowl.

We don't "know what can happen". The worst that has happened when we were in this situation before was losing the SuperBowl. And I don't think anyone here is sure that they'll win it all, some are just excited about their chances of getting to the big game.

I apologize for saying "we", what I should've said is that "some":rolleyes: of us can guess what could happen based on teams in similar situations and injuries. Since the BB/Brady era began I've had nothing, but high expectations for the Pats and if I was a betting person then I would most certainly place my $$$ on them, but for someone to assume that this team should go to the superbowl because of past performances is foolish and I have the right to be tired of all the hype when there is still 3 games left to play.

image8052.gif

The sentiment is always too high when you're winning and too low when you lose. Just human nature.

I know there's one guy on this site who lives life by telling everyone to "take sips not chugs" ;)

Dear God man! Stop having fun!

What are you thinking, people get hurt like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News