PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you getting nervous about Devin McCourty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mccourty..are you getting nervous?

You didn't address my first point, namely about how Dez would actually earn Brady's trust. He seems to be half-clueless in Dallas' offense.

Oh boy, here we go again. The "Earn Brady's trust" theory, I see. Similar to Clay Matthews just wouldn't fit our system.

Dez Bryant is a play maker, plain and simple. He's a big, physical play maker outside the hashes who is a tremendous punt returner too boot. Would have been the perfect compliment to Gronk and Welker.

Here's the sad thing, because we chose McCourty over him, we'll never know how he would have done will we. We do know what our eye balls are telling us with McCourty and it's freaking down right ugly at this point.

Last edited:

LOL Seriously?

Mccourty in his ROOKIE year was almost a shut down corner. Arrrington is doing good this year..but still gets burned..but deff not like mccourty...no where close to a shut down corner that mccourty almost was

Can tell you're a mccourty hater so i guess that's why you see it that way

Yes, I'm a huge McCourty hater!! What's next, going to call me a Jets fan? McCourty was very good last season, he wasn't a shutdown corner, that was an illusion based on our terrible corner play in recent seasons.

Stop trying to tell me who I like and don't like because I don't agree with you, it's rather childish.

McCourty was very good last year, but that doesn't excuse what he's presently doing, or rather, NOT doing. Which is his job.

Last edited:

You think with that dodo brain of his, he can pick up our offense?

LOL ok.

We've cut every other WR who can't pick up the offense. At this point, I don't think Albert Einstein could pick up this offense. It's starting to look like we may want to start drafting Harvard and MIT WRs who might have a chance of figuring this offense out.

Last edited:

Oh boy, here we go again. The "Earn Brady's trust" theory, I see. Similar to Clay Matthews just wouldn't fit our system.

Dez Bryant is a play maker, plain and simple. He's a big, physical play maker outside the hashes who is a tremendous punt returner too boot. Would have been the perfect compliment to Gronk and Welker.

Here's the sad thing, because we chose McCourty over him, we'll never know how he would have done will we. We do know what our eye balls are telling us with McCourty and it's freaking down right ugly at this point.

Dez is a playmaker ? lol
38 620yards.

That's not a playmaker.

Yes, I'm a huge McCourty hater!! What's next, going to call me a Jets fan?

Nope..just a mccourty hater. It's okay. You don't have to like them all

Dez is a playmaker ? lol
38 620yards.

That's not a playmaker.

Interesting, you forgot to mention the 7 Touchdowns.

Interesting, you forgot to mention the 7 Touchdowns.

And some scrub named Laurent Robinson has 7 tds. Guess he is a playmaker too!!!

Dez is a playmaker ? lol
38 620yards.

That's not a playmaker.

As of right now he has 15 TDs in 23 career games (13 receiving, 2 punt returns). So...

Lets face it, the entire secondary is mediocre at best. McCourty disappoints more often than not. It's very frustrating to watch Bradys years drift away without giving this team the A+ players needed to make a balanced kick a*s team. It's amazing to see what BB does with no names, but lets get the MF'er rollin already. Times a wastin'

we gonna act like Laurent isn't having a good season?

It seems like a confidence issue. He isn't totally out of position but its like he's doesn't want to look for the ball in fear of losing his man.

I don't buy this.. He's in the end zone and how much further does he need to go before turning back to look ? He should have turned to look for the ball ... that was a mental mistake.

McCourty sucks, the secondary sucks....we've known this for a long time. They gave up a ton of points and yards to Dan focking Orlovsky. The secondary will be the reason they lose in the playoffs because they will not be able to stop the other team when they need to - a la @ PIT and NYG.
We've known Krafty and Belichick constructed a terrible, piss poor defense for the 2011 season, replete with junk draft picks, old guys, and street free agents. But, know what? We know that, I know that, and even the biggest Pats fan boy knows that and can't deny it. Edelman and Slater in the secondary? Gimme a break.
Anyway, I will be happy this season with a win in the playoffs. It looks like this team could very well get a bye and host a divisional round game again. If they pull off a win, I'll be happy and call the season a success....anything short of that and the hordes will be swarming around jonathan city....

we gonna act like Laurent isn't having a good season?

He is having a good year compared to his last 5 seasons. Been in the league since 2007.

He is having a good year compared to his last 5 seasons. Been in the league since 2007.

How did we not see that talent and jump on him when we could... Trade him straight up for McCourty? we could throw in a 2nd as well to get the deal done

I don't buy this.. He's in the end zone and how much further does he need to go before turning back to look ? He should have turned to look for the ball ... that was a mental mistake.

You could make the argument that almost everytime a play isn't made its a mental mistake. Im arguing as to why its happening.

BB has often mentioned that players coming into the league have their biggest jump in development in their second year.

he has not been good at man coverage all year and this was he's first game back from injury vs a pretty good WR, but it is what it is guys like Vince Young and Dan Orlovsky will throw for 300+ on this defense and it's going to be like that every week

I give no credence to anything that happens when the score is 31-3 or 38-13. He along with the rest of the D is playing fine when the game is still in doubt.

BB has often mentioned that players coming into the league have their biggest jump in development in their second year.

This was not a normal second year for most players.

Last edited:

I would take him in a minute over Branch or Ocho, kid is having a solid year for the Cowboys, as is Bryant, they both are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft