PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you getting nervous about Devin McCourty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mccourty..are you getting nervous?

Your notion that any player off the street would perform better than him is laughably stupid. You're an idiot. Next.

Philip Adams outplayed McCourty this year until he got cut. Molden has played just as well too. Those are guys off of the street. I'm not writing off McCourty at all. But, he's been god-awful this year. And, to describe his play any other way is disingenuous.

Well I'll tell you this: we're going to have a hard time winning a championship with a starting CB that just straight-up gets abused. Maybe we don't have another CB that won't get abused just as bad. Well, that doesn't bode well for the Patriots.

Of course he's been bad..but you have to wait out the year before you bench him for another no name or a guy we don't have. I still trust him to make more plays than the out guy replacing him..even if he hasn't made a play.

Yeah let's bench our #1 corner..that will show em!

Except Arrington has been our #1 by a mile this year. 44QB rating against Arrington vs a 120 against McCourty. Probably more lopsided after today, McCourty gave up at least one more TD. Not sure who the other was on.

I'm not saying bench McCourty, but he hasn't even been close to our #1 this season. He's getting picked on like Butler was at the start of last season.

Butler DID get benched after having similar games.

Last edited:

Gus Johnson would say "MCCOURTY! Awareness 43!"

also is he a bit of a dum dum? Cant take all the advice and coaching and put it into action?

ALso it looks like he cannot play zone - which i believe BB put him in during thr 4th Q. I was distracted by the shots of Steve Wynns facelifted mug in Krafts box a few times so im not sure

McCourty may have shown some rust, but he has been a mere shadow of his former self all year. If this were his first year, he would have been benched in favor of Mouldin. He is playing worse than just about every corner on the roster. He is playing in hopes that he will become the player he once was, and because confidence is a delicate thing. If playoffs started tomorrow, I would hope he does not start.

Huh? As of right now Arrington is the #1 CB.

Stats wise yes..but if the pats had to choose Mccourty over Arrington..they would keep Mccourty and drop Arrington

So if cromartie was outplaying revis by a mile this year.he would be their #1 corner? No they would still line revis up on the best WR

Last edited:
He's been terrible this year. Can't believe he's wearing a C.

"Getting" nervous???? I'm full-blown panicking. He's AWFUL. Even with that turn-around TD he gave up, I prefer the NEW Rutger's Alum DB to McCourty. McCourty is, at this point, 1st round JUNK.

Stats wise yes..but if the pats had to choose Mccourty over Arrington..they would keep Mccourty and drop Arrington

They'd keep whoever is playing better right now, not the player drafted higher. Why bring up such a silly "point" anyways, as neither player will be cut.

They'd keep whoever is playing better right now, .

No..they would keep the player with the highest ceiling and even though mccoury is having a bad year..from what we saw last year..we can all agree that he has a higher ceiling than arrington even though he isn't playing well this year

Honestly, looks like we will be spending yet another 1st or 2nd rounder on a cornerback.

Honestly, looks like we will be spending yet another 1st or 2nd rounder on a cornerback.

Seriously, can someone do some analysis and provide us with a list of the CBs BB has drafted and signed in FA going all the way back to the Shawn Springs era? I honestly have to see this list.

Last edited:

No..they would keep the player with the highest ceiling and even though mccoury is having a bad year..from what we saw last year..we can all agree that he has a higher ceiling than arrington even though he isn't playing well this year

I'm not a McCourty hater by any means, but how do you know his ceiling is higher? I'd argue that Arrington this season is having a much better year than McCourty's rookie season, and miles ahead of DMC right now.

I like DMC a lot, but he's having an awful season.

Again, trying to make your point when talking about "if they had to cut a player right now!!!" is dumb, because neither player will be cut. I still say they'd keep Arrington.

Arrington has shown very consistent improvement dating back from last season while McCourty is obviously having a massive slump. I don't see where McCourty's ceiling is so much higher after watching both play for two seasons. I obviously hope it is, if DMC can return to rookie form or better, we'll be set at our starting corners for some time.

I'll still take Dez, we have a great TE and a great slot WR. We need a play maker on the outside or we are EFFED in the playoffs. As I write this, Dez just caught a TD from Romo.

You didn't address my first point, namely about how Dez would actually earn Brady's trust. He seems to be half-clueless in Dallas' offense.

I know this was his first game back from injury..but man..he is no where close to what he was last year. I really hope last year wasn't a fluke..he NEEDS a big game before the playoffs..if not..not confident with him at all...

Because he's truly screwed if he goes into the playoffs without you having confidence in him.

Looks like we can dust off the Dez Bryant / McCourty argument again huh?

You think with that dodo brain of his, he can pick up our offense?

LOL ok.

I'd argue that Arrington this season is having a much better year than McCourty's rookie season

LOL Seriously?

Mccourty in his ROOKIE year was almost a shut down corner. Arrrington is doing good this year..but still gets burned..but deff not like mccourty...no where close to a shut down corner that mccourty almost was

Can tell you're a mccourty hater so i guess that's why you see it that way

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back