PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you getting nervous about Devin McCourty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
His lapses (not turning around, silly PIs) seem more mental than physical. I hope he can turn it around with some additional confidence and additional S help.

Is devin McCourty keeping you awake at night?

Is devin McCourty the reason you've been breaking out in cold sweats?

Is devin McCourty causing massive clumps of your hair to fall out of your head every week?

Does the mere mention of his name bring on a surge of panic and anxiety attacks?

Or the reason you have fist size holes in every wall of the house?

Is devin McCourty competely destroying every aspect of your life from top to bottom?

He must be stopped, no less than 3 life sentences in a maximum security prison will do!!!

Wanted: Public enemy #1 Devin "THE BOOGY MAN" McCourty:cool:

Last edited:
His lapses (not turning around, silly PIs) seem more mental than physical. I hope he can turn it around with some additional confidence and additional S help.

I agree, and more than anything else the problem for the Patriots has been the safeties, neither ihedigbo or Brown are starting quality NFL safeties and they may be the best of the lot absent patrick Chung. Belichik has to upgrade both the starter beside Chung and the depth this offseason because this isn't a situation they can live with for another year. Hopefully I-Dowling can step in and really help next season.

At some point he has to make a play on the ball

When he is in a full out sprint to catch a guy who has beaten him badly it is going to be impossible to turn and make a play on the ball. That was the case on this and a number of other plays Saturday.

Make whatever excuses for his play, the fact remains that he has been consistently BAD....

Whenever an opponent passes, I'm EXPECTING a deep pattern where McCourt gets burned....

He gives up the deep ball every game...and accounts for bonehead penalties...

Those are the facts....and in the playoffs I expect him to be burned deep, often and early....

The other team would be remiss if they didn't adopt a strategy to exploit him...:snob:

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | An Early Look at 2011 CB Charting

Bottom 12 CB in Yards per Pass, 2011 (through Week 13)
Player Team Passes Yd/Pass Suc% Avg Dist YAC
L.McKelvin BUF 33 11.4 58% 19.4 3.9
D.Hall WAS 53 11.1 36% 9.2 5.3
D.McCourty NE 59 10.7 43% 12.3 3.9
A.Ross NYG 46 10.5 45% 13.5 4.0
C.Griffin MIN 45 10.4 37% 12.3 4.2
J.King STL 53 10.3 43% 13.1 4.7
A.Allen MIN 32 9.9 25% 11.6 3.4
D.Florence BUF 35 9.8 46% 13.6 5.6
E.J.Biggers TB 50 9.8 40% 13.4 5.1
T.Williams GB 67 9.7 52% 14.3 5.1
J.Lacey IND 33 9.5 29% 10.1 3.0
B.Flowers KC 56 9.5 56% 16.3 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back