PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you getting nervous about Devin McCourty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mccourty..are you getting nervous?

I would take him in a minute over Branch or Ocho, kid is having a solid year for the Cowboys, as is Bryant, they both are.

And I would take D Ware and Ed Reed. Yet, you don't see me *****ing over here.

Rough year so far for McC, it is what it is. Not giving up on him though...

And I would take D Ware and Ed Reed. Yet, you don't see me *****ing over here.

Look you were the one pissing all over Bryant, you really wouldn't want to see him as an outside target in this offense for TB? Not to mention taking back punts? Pa-lease !

Things look fine for the moment folks. But much like last year in the Jets game and even at times this season like in Pitt. We are going to see a defense designed to take away the interior of the field from us and with no outside the threat to counter this, we're EFFED !

Last edited:

Stats wise yes..but if the pats had to choose Mccourty over Arrington..they would keep Mccourty and drop Arrington

So if cromartie was outplaying revis by a mile this year.he would be their #1 corner? No they would still line revis up on the best WR

Please stop. Thats a joke right ?

Getting nervous? If you had asked this after game one, I would have said yes. I'm way past nervous, now sadly accepting he isn't the coverage guy we thought he was. But hopeful I might be wrong, perhaps he will be back in full form next year.

Please stop. Thats a joke right ?

Halt, McCourty hater. Stop right there! The McCourty police will arrest you for not slobbering on his knob even when he is having a terrible season!

Look you were the one pissing all over Bryant, you really wouldn't want to see him as an outside target in this offense for TB? Not to mention taking back punts? Pa-lease !

Things look fine for the moment folks. But much like last year in the Jets game and even at times this season like in Pitt. We are going to see a defense designed to take away the interior of the field from us and with no outside the threat to counter this, we're EFFED !

Hmm...Jets did it vs us again this year (game 1) and we still won. We still have won 9 games this year despite a deep threat.

Now for the steelers game. Cause I know you will bring it up. For years (since 2001) they have played zones vs us. They are a pure zone and zone blitz team not a man coverage cover 1 team like the Jets are. They did something that caught us off guard. Our offense did not execute and we lost that game on offense and on D.
We beat the Jets (game 2 2010, game 2 2011) when they played press man.

They aren't going to trick us again. They pulled something that the players and coaches did not expect us to encounter. It's all about the execution on offense. Not the players.

And yes, I sincerely hope we take at least two WRs next year in the draft.

I know this was his first game back from injury..but man..he is no where close to what he was last year. I really hope last year wasn't a fluke..he NEEDS a big game before the playoffs..if not..not confident with him at all...

Yes....I think he played out of his mind last year, and in reality he is decent...just not great or elite.

Halt, McCourty hater. Stop right there! The McCourty police will arrest you for not slobbering on his knob even when he is having a terrible season!

So glad i was able to get under your skin :D

Aww you two are liking each others posts...how cute!

Last edited:

So glad i was able to get under your skin :D

Aww you two are liking each others posts...how cute!

You're so far under my skin, you have no idea!

You're also assuming things again. I figured we could agree that was childish, guess you missed that part of my other post.

McCourty's first game back from a significant knee injury. Let's give him a game or two to see if he can get his legs back. Mayo was never the same after a similar injury two years ago. The Pats smartly didn't rush McCourty back, but it still take him a few games to be good. He was fine the last month he played before his injury.

McCourty's first game back from a significant knee injury. Let's give him a game or two to see if he can get his legs back. Mayo was never the same after a similar injury two years ago. The Pats smartly didn't rush McCourty back, but it still take him a few games to be good. He was fine the last month he played before his injury.

Shoulder, and a separated shoulder at that. That's a very tough injury for a CB. Likely will not be the same for the rest of the year..

Shoulder, and a separated shoulder at that. That's a very tough injury for a CB. Likely will not be the same for the rest of the year..

He was playing badly all year, which was why he was targeted by opponents..

Obviously, not a shutdown corner. He's more like a "good CB"..

Shutdown corners, play consistenly, year in year out.

we gonna act like Laurent isn't having a good season?

Every patriot is having a good season. Maybe Rodgers and Demarcus Ware too. And thats it. Everyone else is playing bad in this board.

You are right. Sorry confused him with Spikes for a second there.

Cool, but this is only his second year. I agree he has not played as good as last year. But I am sorry I am not jumping off a bridge with McC's play this year..

So I ask you whats your point? McC is done? He is not a shut down Corner? He should be cut? What?

His play this year is what it is...

He hasn't been playing badly all year or targetted a lot all year. He playe like crap early and was targeted a lot early, but for the month before his injury he was playing fairly well and teams were throwing elsewhere.

I agree he is not anything near a shutdown CB this year, but he wasn't playing as bad as people think before his injury.

Yes....I think he played out of his mind last year, and in reality he is decent...just not great or elite.

He hasn't even been decent this year truth be told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back