PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Who Criticizes the Coaches is a Moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Welker benching had nothing to do with the outcome in the game. The Patriots actually moved the ball on the first possession without him, something they couldnt do much of even with him on the field.

I never said it had anything to do with the outcome of the game. I said it was bizarre given the gravity of today's game. And it was.

Anyone who thinks nobody in this organization from BB to the guy that takes out the ******* garbage is above criticism is the very definition of a moron.

There are quite a few people around here who believe just that and will spend the entire week trying to make that case.

Man he caught that ball.

This. I thought it was incomplete at first until I saw the reply myself.

What did people think about the PI call on Sanders (I think it was him anyways)? I thought it was a weak call, not that it matters a whole lot.

The Pats are building quite a tradition of coming out flat in playoff games. This is alarming, particularly, because they have beaten both the Ravens and Jets in the regular season, but just cant match their intensity in the playoffs. I'm really starting to think that Belichick could be burnt out and I wouldn't be surprised if he abruptly calls it quits sometime over the next month.

I never said it had anything to do with the outcome of the game. I said it was bizarre given the gravity of today's game. And it was.

Probably went against what BB had said to the team earlier in the week not to get involved in the war of words and he was punished for it. I dont see the big deal. Thats the kind of guy BB is.

The Pats are building quite a tradition of coming out flat in playoff games. This is alarming, particularly, because they have beaten both the Ravens and Jets in the regular season, but just cant match their intensity in the playoffs. I'm really starting to think that Belichick could be burnt out and I wouldn't be surprised if he abruptly calls it quits sometime over the next month.

He can't quit now. I think he thinks too much and loves Brady too much.

The players execute the plays. The fake punt was EXACTLY the kind of shot in the arm that wins games that you ain't otherwise winning. See, Chung isn't supposed to DROP THE BALL there.

The Pats didn't choke--although Brady was off--and they weren't outcoached. The Jets' D played outstandingly well. That's all folks.

This was a total team loss and the coaching staff deserves their share of the blame. I usually defend the coaching staff, but there was a lot of stupidity on their part. There was no sense of urgency in the fourth quarter down by two scores and that is on the coaching staff.

The fake punt was a stupid play even if they made it. It is a desperation move down by only three points. That play was a game changer.

Not defending the coaching staff on this one. The team didn't look prepared.

Last edited:
Well, he had the opportunity to see what we could do to them at our best for 45 points, and made a game plan to prevent it. Credit where it's due.

Still, completing an 84 yard drive with a TD instead of an INT, and the jets floundering offense early sure wouldn't have made Rex look like a defensive genius. You have to make plays and execute.

Great to be a genius, but pretty hard to be one with INTs, dropped passes and flubbed fake field goals.

To me this was even more critical than the lack of execution by the Patriots. The Patriots have game after game jumped out to leads and forced teams to play outside their own plan. The Patriots should have been 10-0 and probably 14-0 after the first two possessions. This would have not only taken the Jets out of their plan and made Sanchez throw a lot more but also sent a shock to them that the Monday night game was shaping up again. 10-0 or 14-0 was there! The patriots moved it right down on them. Then Crumpler dropped and easy TD. Then Brady's int throw was just head scratching awful. After that the Jets hunkered down and played their game while we couldn't beat them at their game while making stupid mistakes.... and the score reflected that.

DE must improve and, not to kick a dead horse, but this was really a spot where we could have used Seymour... AGAIN.

For all of the crow that I've gladly eaten over the past 2 years, I still hate that trade and I probably always will. Damn right we could have used him today.

Mesko kinda through Chung under the bus.

Apparently, Chung made the decision to go for it.

Belichick called it a bad mistake.

But apparently, Chung had the green light to do it at any point in the year.

Probably went against what BB had said to the team earlier in the week not to get involved in the war of words and he was punished for it. I dont see the big deal. Thats the kind of guy BB is.

Someone owes you an apology actually a few people. You've been getting crucified on this board and it was pretty undeserved considering the scenario you suggested is exactly what happened to an extent.

The patriot D didn't lose this game for us, but the turnover trend did not continue. As some said you were crazy, idiot etc. to suggest could happen.

Someone owes you an apology actually a few people. You've been getting crucified on this board and it was pretty undeserved considering the scenario you suggested is exactly what happened to an extent.

The patriot D didn't lose this game for us, but the turnover trend did not continue. As some said you were crazy, idiot etc. to suggest could happen.

Agreed. There are quite a few people on here who owe The Dynasty an apology.

The crowd was absolutely pathetic from start to finish today. They weren't even loud when the defense was on the field in the first quarter. What happened at the end of the game was just par for the course.

were you at the game? because I was. No one..and I mean no one sat the entire game with everyone screaming. To criticize the fans,,is well..pathetic

were you at the game? because I was. No one..and I mean no one sat the entire game with everyone screaming. To criticize the fans,,is well..pathetic

It's funny because the crowd sounded dead silent the entire game. I'm sure it was loud in the stands. High school games are loud in the stands. That doesn't mean that it was loud at field level. So yes, the crowd, for the most part, was bad.

It's funny because the crowd sounded dead silent the entire game. I'm sure it was loud in the stands. High school games are loud in the stands. That doesn't mean that it was loud at field level. So yes, the crowd, for the most part, was bad.

People said the same thing about the chargers-patriots AFCCG game on this board and I was there and the stadium was ear-splittingly loud, no one sat down.

Agreed. There are quite a few people on here who owe The Dynasty an apology.

I hope you can accept my apology dynasty, you were right after all. This defense was not able to win a ballgame without creating a turnover.

The Patriots D didn't lose the game today. They gave us more than enough opportunities to get back into the game from short field positions. This was totally on the offense.

Last edited:
The Patriots D didn't lose the game today. They gave us more than enough opportunities to get back into the game. This was totally on the offense.

But the D caused no turnovers period. This D led the league in TO's as we all know because it was repeated ad nauseum.

The steelers played like **** the entire half just like us but the reason they are playing next sunday and we are not is because they forced TO's and we did not.

But I agree the O let us down and they should own it. The line, receiving corp and QB

Last edited:

Thanks, yes I know it didnt. The defense was too reliant on the offense all season long and finally the offense had a poor day and it caught up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft