PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Who Criticizes the Coaches is a Moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if the defense did everything you and others said they would do then the Patriots would have won. I was also right about the defense depending on the offense too much over the course of the season, and how it might come back to haunt them in the playoffs. The offense struggled Sunday, and the defense didnt play well enough to pick them up and still come out with the win. Failure of the system in which the defense was far too dependent on the offense.

The offense struggled Sunday, and the defense didnt play well enough to pick them up and still come out with the win.

The argument could just as easily be made that the offense was too dependent on the defense to win and when the defense didn't create turnovers for the offense they couldn't come out with the win.

The game plan was fine but I think the second part of the last sentence is spot on. They made inadequate adjustments. But they also failed to execute well enough. There were several missed tackles, poor routes, dropped balls and my favorite, poor blocking on the OL. That's mostly on the players.

Still, if they don't make the three bad plays, they would've won. They outgained the Jets in yardage even if you discount the last drive when the Jets played a prevent D.
The entire way through the game I kept thinking it was a reversal of the Chargers-Patriots game at Qualcomm during the regular season.

The argument could just as easily be made that the offense was too dependent on the defense to win and when the defense didn't create turnovers for the offense they couldn't come out with the win.

Yes, if you completely ignored the entire portion of the season up to, and including, the Lions game, you could try making that argument.

The Steelers, Ravens, Jets and Packers defense wouldn't have been able to get over how poorly the offense and special teams played The Dynasty. We've seen that happen with the Chargers. You might be able to carry one average performance and have that glossed over by 2 of the 3 units. 1 unit cannot carry 2 F standard performances.

To be perfectly fair with you I gave the defense a C- and the offense and special teams F grades. That still doesn't mean I was happy with the defensive performance more I understand what underscored that performance. They played about as well as we could have expected in that situation, even though ultimately you were right with their inability to force a play when we needed it. I haven't shunned that point and have made that admission a long time ago.

How do you know that any of those teams wouldnt be able to get over their offenses playing as poorly as the Patriots did? It should be noted that of the 4 teams left, 3 of them are in the top 5 in total defense and the 4th, the Bears are 9th. All the teams were in the top 6 in PPG given up. I dont think that all these teams having great defenses is a coincidence.

How do you know that any of those teams wouldnt be able to get over their offenses playing as poorly as the Patriots did? It should be noted that of the 4 teams left, 3 of them are in the top 5 in total defense and the 4th, the Bears are 9th. All the teams were in the top 6 in PPG given up. I dont think that all these teams having great defenses is a coincidence.
I already made the point about 4 of the top 5 total defenses being left in the competition earlier. None of them have had their offenses lay and egg in the post-season either.

Yes, if you completely ignored the entire portion of the season up to, and including, the Lions game, you could try making that argument.

That has what to do with Sunday?

That has what to do with Sunday?

The discussion has not been talking about just one game but, rather, a problem with the defense in general. If you're pointing to just one game, you're missing the point of that portion of the discussion.

It's been about the defensive problems in general, as applied to the loss.

Last edited:
I've made the admission to The Dynasty that he was right about the defense not forcing a turnover. That's all he was right about given outside of one pathetic drive and some average red zone defense that they played OK and were the best unit of the three.

That's the best you can do after this:

Depends. Last week the Patriots defense was a joke, this week it played very well. Last week the Jets defense played very well, today it was terrible. I would go with the Jets defense based on experience in the playoffs, and veterans that have been there.

So in light of form and performance against quality opponents you still pick the Jets on 2009 form knowing they aren't as good and the Patriots are wiping the floor with everyone not lead by a Flynn. Perhaps what is funnier is you question why we know you're a Jets troll now.....Pleasure doing business with you The Dynasty. Thanks for actually typing your true colors for all to see.

You are an idiot.

It's an overwhelming response that The Dynasty is a Jets troll now isn't it.

Forgive me for having faith that BB coached teams can force turnovers in the playoffs given only 1 side has played turnover free football against the Patriots in 18 attempts.

I'm wondering if The Dynasty was home schooled by yokels to be honest.

You're missing a lot. There is no statistical correlation suggesting that turnovers decline in the post-season. In fact, it is the opposite.

I commented for many pages and illustrated what a hypocritical and unintelligent fool you've been in this thread. Don't attempt to paint yourself as a voice of reason and rational thinking ability now.

You haven't been objective nor have you been reasonable. You've been diabolical, misinformed and downright stupid.

Given you can't support your argument that the probability of turnovers goes down during the playoffs I suggest you dismiss this line of thought and attempt to offer something else.

The Pats D is consistent, you just don't like the results of that consistency because;

1. the defense gives up yards,
2. the defense creates turnovers,
3. the defense scores, &
4. the defense has restricted opponents 12 out of 14 times to scores less than the offense.

I'm pleased to read that you don't give a crap about statistical data or historic events in the NFL. That further emphasizes that you don't know what you're talking about when you discount proven events on the whim.

It's interesting going back and forth with people who employ opinion over fact.

You should be proud, especially with the piling it on Lord of the Flies style (evidently empowered by a bunch of other bozos). And all because Dynasty had the temerity to suggest that relying on turnovers was a risky proposition and that bad third down defense could come back to haunt us. Instead of just agreeing with this obvious point, you demanded, in true nerd like fashion, that he "statistically prove that turnovers aren’t going to continue". And you can’t bring yourself to apologize? You’re a little person.

Some sanity in the thread was thankfully provided by a moderator after the Green Bay game (which is relevant because you seem so sure the defense played fairly well & many seem to be giving the defense a pass, forgetting that the Jets offense had been below average prior to our game & Sanchez had been horrible):

You have a clear position. All that matters in the win. We won. The defense did it's job. That is a consistent, albeit infantile, position. If that is the only standard, then the defense did indeed do its job very well. If any other performance measure is relevant, the defense had a really bad game. Belichick has stated his position and will continue to do so all week.

BOTTOM LINE
The patriots will not win ANY playoff games playing the way we did tonight. We played against a quarterback who had never played, with a non-existent running game. We found a way to make the quarterback look like a pro-bowler for 59 minutes and make their running backs look like the best in the league. If their coach could have figured out one last play, we might have lost the game. It is late in the season for lessons like the ones the team will experience this week.

Last edited:
Thanks MB for having my back. I appreciate it.

The Steelers, Ravens, Jets and Packers defense wouldn't have been able to get over how poorly the offense and special teams played The Dynasty.

What are you talking about? If you just switched defensive units Sunday and everything else remained the same who wins? The Jets offense would have scored 10 points if they had had to play against that Jets defense Sunday night (even with the good field position). Again, you are conveniently forgetting this was a struggling Jets offense before they met up with us on Sunday.

Last edited:
The entire way through the game I kept thinking it was a reversal of the Chargers-Patriots game at Qualcomm during the regular season.

That occurred to me but I really thought the game was turning when they scored to make it 14-11.

I thought you died. Where have you been? Regardless, good to see you back.

Extended spiritual rehabilitation, Kontra. Thanks for the sentiments. Nice to be back, if only to commiserate.

Onward!

What are you talking about? If you just switched defensive units Sunday and everything else remained the same who wins? The Jets offense would have scored 10 points if they had had to play against that Jets defense Sunday night (even with the good field position). Again, you are conveniently forgetting this was a struggling Jets offense before they met up with us on Sunday.
I can't be bothered replying to the cherry picked quotes you've provided and I've given The Dynasty his dues for raising the issue of what if there's no turnover etc.

Now you're inferring that other defenses might have acted accordingly. They could all do so because their offensive units fired at some point. They could do what they do because as a team they got going. The team. None of the D's had to carry a stuttering offense, a terrible special teams and an average starting position at the 46. Jets O struggling or not they executed and adjusted accordingly. One side did this and won, the other did not.

The offense did not capitalize on what was given to them. The defense melted on 1 drive at the most inopportune time. Forgive me for arguing that the team is a compliment of units all of which need to perform for a win. I would be inclined to agree with the theory of hanging on the D if they weren't the best of the 3 units on the weekend. They played their part in the loss no doubt but 75% of it was on the O and ST.

The only thing I will apologize to The Dynasty is for calling him a Jets troll when clearly he isn't. For that I do apologize.

Last edited:
The only thing I will apologize to The Dynasty is for calling him a Jets troll when clearly he isn't. For that I do apologize.

That's pretty good, I apologize for calling you a little person. Tough loss, let's regroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back