PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Who Criticizes the Coaches is a Moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB needs to fire the OC and some how fire Kraft, just do everything BB!

Seriously, he's taken on too much.

Re: So is bill going to blame this on the locker room this year...???

You continue to make top notch threads. Good work.

yeah lets suck up to the coach and Qb.... because tonight was the finest moment of them both:rolleyes: .. really???? the fake punt??? the failed hurry up in the fourth???? this team was off since i heard Welker was benched, but was off since the jets won last sat..... they bought into the hype... but the jets walked the walk and talked the talk with the so callled inferior coach and inferior qb....... the jets should have not won this game....

because if he is , that is a sad excuse on him and Brady.... i love both of them , but right now this is not thier finest moment... they choked.... both he and Brady were out coached and out played by better qb and coach tonight.
The New England Patriots were beaten in the trenches, the offensive and defensive lines need upgrading especially at the right offensive guard position and at the right defensive end position. In addition, the New England Patriots desperately need 3-4 outside linebackers who can rush the passer while setting the edge in the running game.

yeah lets suck up to the coach and Qb.... because tonight was the finest moment of them both:rolleyes: .. really???? the fake punt??? the failed hurry up in the fourth???? this team was off since i heard Welker was benched, but was off since the jets won last sat..... they bought into the hype... but the jets walked the walk and talked the talk with the so callled inferior coach and inferior qb....... the jets should have not won this game....
lol

After every win it seems like you're the first to pump this team up, and after every loss you're the first to act like the end of the world is coming. Continue to go off the deep end, or maybe send Kraft your resume, I don't know.

Last edited:
you mean, Anyone who criticizes the coaches are morons? or, Anyone who criticizes the coach is a moron?

The players execute the plays. The fake punt was EXACTLY the kind of shot in the arm that wins games that you ain't otherwise winning. See, Chung isn't supposed to DROP THE BALL there.

The Pats didn't choke--although Brady was off--and they weren't outcoached. The Jets' D played outstandingly well. That's all folks.

Stop drinking the goddam coolaid. Bill was outcoached today, everyone draws the short straw at one time or another. Sitting Welker was stupid and demoralizing to the team. Doesn't excuse the dropped balls, screwed up plays and the pathetic efforts by the truly offensive line.

Not going to chastise this coaching staff for the poor game tonight but I can't imagine any one of them would disagree that they were badly out coached by the Jets staff this game.

Special teams has been a problem since Gost went down. The other team seem to start at 35 yard line. I don't know if it is coaching or something else.

The OL is great if Brady is able to identify the blitzer, but there inablilty to run the ball if the opppent stop the passing is a big time problem.

No, you argued that good quarterbacks and good teams don't turn the ball over in the playoffs. I can pull the quotes if you like? If you want an apology about turnovers then you can have it for that as the Patriots didn't create any. To say that was the reason we lost though is stretching it.

Okay, so the Sanchez is a good QB and the Jets are a good team because they didnt turn the ball over. I dont know what your point is. I was right with my claim that the Patriots forcing turnovers might not continue in the playoffs.

Whilst I agree with you that the defensive issues reared some of their heads today, how you can fault a unit that was defending short fields and getting the Jets off the field.

Only twice did the Jets start a drive in Patriots territory and once was after the 2nd onside sick. Not exactly that short of fields...

There was only the one drive where I was really pissed of with the D and as you said it was the drive that put the Jets up two scores. Special teams fluffed two recoveries they could have had, 1 was for the match winning score the other to end the game.

You really think they could have recovered both onside kicks?, they had no chance on the 2nd one and on the first yeah they had a chance at it, but really you are saying if they recover an onside kick they would have won the game? I could be misinterpreting what you meant.

Of the 3 units the defense was the best today. Special teams were crap and the offense diabolical. The D gave the offense more than enough opportunities to put points on the board.

The whole thing was a failure of the Patriots team as a unit.

And for the best of the 3 units it was pretty bad. Shows just how bad today was for the Patriots.

BB needs to fire the OC and some how fire Kraft, just do everything BB!

Seriously, he's taken on too much.

Wasnt an issue before today was it? Pretty damn good job of coaching this team to a 14-2 regular season.

Okay, so the Sanchez is a good QB and the Jets are a good team because they didnt turn the ball over. I dont know what your point is. I was right with my claim that the Patriots forcing turnovers might not continue in the playoffs.
No you're trying to cover up your incorrect assertion about playoffs and turnovers. The only prophetic comment you raised was what if the Patriots D didn't force any. That is it.

Only twice did the Jets start a drive in Patriots territory and once was after the 2nd onside sick. Not exactly that short of fields...
You're joking right. Average starting position at the New York 46 if I remember correctly according to a graphic that was flashed? That what's 20 yards to get into field goal territory? The Pats were back inside their 20.

You really think they could have recovered both onside kicks?, they had no chance on the 2nd one and on the first yeah they had a chance at it, but really you are saying if they recover an onside kick they would have won the game? I could be misinterpreting what you meant.
We should have recovered the both of them given we had the opportunity to on both plays. The first one we flat out missed it the second one a blocker ran straight into revis I think it was and creating a seam for the running player to get the ball.. which he never attempted.

The first should have been. The ball was there, on the ground waiting to be taken. We didn't execute the recovery.

And for the best of the 3 units it was pretty bad. Shows just how bad today was for the Patriots.
No, the defense was OK. The offense and special teams were crap.

Last edited:

The New England Patriots were beaten in the trenches, the offensive and defensive lines need upgrading especially at the right offensive guard position and at the right defensive end position. In addition, the New England Patriots desperately need 3-4 outside linebackers who can rush the passer while setting the edge in the running game.

You are another one of the posters on here that owe me an apology...

Clearly they need an upgrade on the DL, look at how depleted it was the past few weeks. They will get Ty Warren back next year though, which will definitely help.

As for the OL, I think it had a very good season overall. Neal is probably retiring. It will be interesting to see what they do with Light and Mankins, if Light is gone I would think Vollmer would move over to LT. Mankins needs to be resigned, it is extremely clear what a difference maker he was.

No you're trying to cover up your incorrect assertion about playoffs and turnovers. The only prophetic comment you raised was what if the Patriots D didn't force any. That is it.

That was made to back up my claim that the Patriots might not be able to force turnovers in the playoffs, my claim was correct. My proof may have been off concerning the league as a whole. but pertaining to the Patriots I was correct.

You're joking right. Average starting position at the New York 46 if I remember correctly according to a graphic that was flashed? That what's 20 yards to get into field goal territory? The Pats were back inside their 20.

My mistake, excluding the final kneel down the Jets started in Patriots territory 3 times. Once after the INT which resulted in a missed FG anyway, then following the missed fake punt resulting in a TD and then lastly following the first onside kick resulting in a TD. All of those were not the offenses fault, and good defenses bail the offenses out, the Patriots defense this year was not good enough to do that and depended on the offense far too much and it caught up to them today.

We should have recovered the both of them given we had the opportunity to on both plays. The first one we flat out missed it the second one a blocker ran straight into revis I think it was and creating a seam for the running player to get the ball.. which he never attempted.

The first should have been. The ball was there, on the ground waiting to be taken. We didn't execute the recovery.

Tough to rely on recovering onside kicks...should never have even been in the situation to have to rely on that. Even if the Pats recovered they would have still had to move the ball and score which they struggled with all day long.

No, the defense was OK. The offense and special teams were crap.

I agree with the special teams and offense, but since when is giving up 28 points OK? You and others were saying how points is the most important defensive stat right? 28 points is terrible, tough to win when you give up 28 points.

That was made to back up my claim that the Patriots might not be able to force turnovers in the playoffs, my claim was correct. My proof may have been off concerning the league as a whole. but pertaining to the Patriots I was correct.
No, you made a claim about the league and used the Patriots as an example given we were discussing the Patriots. One was proven incorrect and one correct.

Why you seem pleased that you identified this is beyond me.

My mistake, excluding the final kneel down the Jets started in Patriots territory 3 times. Once after the INT which resulted in a missed FG anyway, then following the missed fake punt resulting in a TD and then lastly following the first onside kick resulting in a TD. All of those were not the offenses fault, and good defenses bail the offenses out, the Patriots defense this year was not good enough to do that and depended on the offense far too much and it caught up to them today.
That still doesn't equate for the offense playing so poorly that it gave great starting position to the Jets. That flow was always in the Jets favor it seemed.

Interesting that 3-4 missed plays you have listed are in fact special teams errors and not the defense. The D wasn't good enough to create a turnover today but they certainly weren't helped by the performance of the offense and special teams.

Tough to rely on recovering onside kicks...should never have even been in the situation to have to rely on that. Even if the Pats recovered they would have still had to move the ball and score which they struggled with all day long.
I agree. we should have never been in that position to begin with. It was a poorly coached and poorly executed game by the Patriots today.

I agree with the special teams and offense, but since when is giving up 28 points OK? You and others were saying how points is the most important defensive stat right? 28 points is terrible, tough to win when you give up 28 points.
Refer to your comment about special teams and offense. 28 points given up isn't great and an indictment on the team but given the scope of the way those points came about, you can't solely blame that on the defense.

The reality is this team killed themselves today and the Jets capitalized.

Last edited:
moron here

The play calling in the last drive was aweful.

Did we really have a weak set of receivers, were the jets secondary the best in the league, or could the playcalling on offense been a bit better?

Obviously, expecting a player to carry the ball effectively on his first carry even on a fake punt is questionable.

I have no doubts that if our special teams and offense had anywhere near an average game, we would ahe won easily. Our defense is average. With our offense, average should have been enough.

Surprised that it's taken this long for someone to post the pic, but...

moran.jpg

The players execute the plays. The fake punt was EXACTLY the kind of shot in the arm that wins games that you ain't otherwise winning. See, Chung isn't supposed to DROP THE BALL there.

The Pats didn't choke--although Brady was off--and they weren't outcoached. The Jets' D played outstandingly well. That's all folks.

When the team wins, coaches get a lot of the credit. When the teams lose don't the coaches get some of the blame ?

And Please, OF COURSE, we've been choking. If any other team in the NFL had lost 3 straight playoff games, all that they were favored in, two of them favored heavily in, and none of the 3 games were on the road, we would call that team chokers. Everyone one of us would call that team chokers. But when its our team, we don't?

Last edited:
No, you made a claim about the league and used the Patriots as an example given we were discussing the Patriots. One was proven incorrect and one correct.

Why you seem pleased that you identified this is beyond me.

I'm done with that whole thing, all I wanted was an apology and you didnt really give it. Fine. Moving on.

That still doesn't equate for the offense playing so poorly that it gave great starting position to the Jets. That flow was always in the Jets favor it seemed.

Interesting that 3-4 missed plays you have listed are in fact special teams errors and not the defense. The D wasn't good enough to create a turnover today but they certainly weren't helped by the performance of the offense and special teams.

I agree the offense was terrible, but the defense wasnt good either. Like I said the Patriots defense relied too much on the offense throughout the season and it could come back to haunt them in the playoffs. Guess what, it did. The D wasnt good enough to do much today. This was against the Jets too I might add, who averaged 22 PPG and today got 28.

Refer to your comment about special teams and offense. 28 points given up isn't great and an indictment on the team but given the scope of the way those points came about, you can't solely blame that on the defense.

The reality is this team killed themselves today and the Jets capitalized.

You're right I'm not saying the blame is solely in the defense but today was the perfect game to prove that the defense could win a game in which the offense struggled and they failed to do that just like I had suspected would be the case. You and others said that the D could do that and you were wrong.

moron here

The play calling in the last drive was aweful.

Did we really have a weak set of receivers, were the jets secondary the best in the league, or could the playcalling on offense been a bit better?

Obviously, expecting a player to carry the ball effectively on his first carry even on a fake punt is questionable.

I have no doubts that if our special teams and offense had anywhere near an average game, we would ahe won easily. Our defense is average. With our offense, average should have been enough.

Agree. It's going to be a long off season. 06 07 and 20 have come down to just a handfull of plays. It's too bad they didn't find a small chink in the armor until late in the 4rd quarter. It was a little too late by then.

I'm done with that whole thing, all I wanted was an apology and you didnt really give it. Fine. Moving on.

I agree the offense was terrible, but the defense wasnt good either. Like I said the Patriots defense relied too much on the offense throughout the season and it could come back to haunt them in the playoffs. Guess what, it did. The D wasnt good enough to do much today. This was against the Jets too I might add, who averaged 22 PPG and today got 28.

You're right I'm not saying the blame is solely in the defense but today was the perfect game to prove that the defense could win a game in which the offense struggled and they failed to do that just like I had suspected would be the case. You and others said that the D could do that and you were wrong.
We're not going to see eye to eye on this issue so I'm going to let you bask in your analysis of the Patriots whilst the rest of us sulk over the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back