PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone think Ben might play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Landry Jones: Not ready to rule Ben Roethlisberger out

Landry Jones now...

tumblr_m0pdux05St1qbrdf3o1_500.gif

...blowing smoke. ;)

Could he play I guess you can't rule it out but I would be shocked. That is way to short of a recovery time, odds are he would hurt it more by playing.

I don't think he's playing. Even if he does, it's hard to see how he could effectively drive off of that leg and push the ball. I know our DB's have not necessarily been ballhawks this year, but they would absolutely feast on that.

I don't know the risks involved in playing but with them having their bye week the following week it would seem the obvious choice would be to sit, get a free week off then target the following week.

I think he had the surgery so quickly because he wants to be sure to have a chance of being ready for the first game after their Bye...November 6, @BAL. That gives him almost three full weeks to recover. I'm not an orthopod, but it seems to me to make little sense to risk undoing the repair six days after the surgery or even making things worse.

I understood this acronym instantly.....but then again, I've had this in my head for 20 or so years
sp-wwbbd_1189_(1).gif

Why, he'd kick a little ass or two!
So that settles it! Rothelberger will be playing!
Bank on it!
Crap! I just run out of exclamation points.

The more I think about it he will probably play. "questionable" right until player introductions then he runs out of the tunnel to play the evil Patriots, crowd goes wild. Don't forget this is scripted entertainment not a sporting event...

Brady and Ben (and rivers) are the toughest QBs in the league. If anyone has a shot at playing, these guys do.
There's a difference between "tough" and "stupid."
OK, maybe Tomlin and Ben are stupid...can't discount that possibility.

There's a difference between "tough" and "stupid."
OK, maybe Tomlin and Ben are stupid...can't discount that possibility.

Ben's been to 3 superbowls and won 2. If he says he can play, then who am I to question that? But of course, we're all just speculating. All I'm saying is, he has a shot.

The more I think about it he will probably play. "questionable" right until player introductions then he runs out of the tunnel to play the evil Patriots, crowd goes wild. Don't forget this is scripted entertainment not a sporting event...
I think they have until tomorrow (Wed) to describe his status.
My guess is that they will list him as "Doubtful," just so that Belichick has to plan for him but that his real status will be "Out."

If it was the playoffs..maybe...but middle of reg season..no

That's the point. Philip Rivers playing with torn ACL was playoffs one & done. Gutsy.
On the other hand, Sunday factors huge in playoff HFA, so...

I say he does not play. The season is too young. Stuff can & will happen.

I don't think he's hurt that bad. He's prone to hamming up any tweak and then coming back 'heroically'. The original injury looked trivial. He played it up to take attention away from the interception he threw on the play. Was there a tiny little meniscus tear? Probably. Did Ben lobby his doctors for a procedure, any procedure, that could be justified? Hmmm.

He'll play and be trumpeted as a miracle ironman.

Agreed. While this is a marquee game, realistically it's a mid-season out-of-division game leading into a bye week. You don't risk the whole season of a talented team on that.

Don't have a link yet, but just heard on WEEI, that Tomlin had announced Ben has been ruled OUT for Sunday against the Pats.

Ben has often played with injuries in the past. PITT don't expect him to start.
In other words, ben has decided he's going to play.
IMHO, it is stupid to think that Ben is a stupid quarterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News