PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone here nervous about Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My jitters will commence on Sunday.

No, but i should be.

I'm always never not nervous for games.

Considering that I picked the Colts to win in my pool, I'd say "yes".

Over the last several years, once the worm started to turn, the Pats could be up 900-2 with 3 minutes left and I'd still be nervous.

what-me-worry-715605.jpg

Any game against the Colts should be cause for nervousness, and the fact that the "it" team or player always seems to come out flat whenever the media starts gushing about them.

It's football Sunday. I'm happy as heck! What's to be nervous about? Unless you're afraid:
Your TV stand will crumble smashing your screen into a hundred pieces,
or a marauding band of rabid squirrels is going to gnaw through through the cable feed,
or a freak gust of wind will crash a tree limb into your Direct TV dish,
or a pet is going to urinate on the decoding box,
or a tractor trailer jack knifes on 495...right in front of you,
or the network inexplicably decides to switch to Heidi,
or..........

It's football Sunday. I'm happy as heck! What's to be nervous about? Unless you're afraid:
Your TV stand will crumble smashing your screen into a hundred pieces,
or a marauding band of rabid squirrels is going to gnaw through through the cable feed,
or a freak gust of wind will crash a tree limb into your Direct TV dish,
or a pet is going to urinate on the decoding box,
or a tractor trailer jack knifes on 495...right in front of you,
or the network inexplicably decides to switch to Heidi,
or..........

If we win, I can deal with those other things. That's what insurance is for.

Iam nervous about freeney strip sacking tom brady twice, and the patriots give up 14 points.

Collie is coming back and is going to have a big game, we need the Wide outs to step up we need Tate, i'd love to see Taylor Price activated this game cause we need all the wideout help we can get.

i just wish everyone in the media wasnt picking the pats!

The 2010 Pats like the old Pats make me nervous before every game. But if they pass protect like they did a week ago, I really really like their chances.

If Peyton Manning doesn't make you nervous, you are foolish. Likewise, if you're a fan of a team facing Tom Brady and the Pats.

I am excited and not really nervous. I guess that means I am foolish.

i just wish everyone in the media wasnt picking the pats!

Right so if the Pats win it will be status quo. The media will talk about the Colts injuries and if the Colts win people will start talking about how Brady can't beat Manning and that whole debate will take another hit. It's a lose/lose in the media.

I don't know. The Colts are still a good team. So you gotta be concerned. But they are not a great road team. They have problems running the ball or stopping the run.

Since Dallas Clark went down, Manning has been mortal. In the last 5 games he has had a combined 5 TDs and 3 INTs, hs completion percentage dropped under 60%, and he has been sacked 8 times (he was sacked 10 times the entire season last year). Two of those games, Manning went without a TD (how often does that happen). Another game, he had 1 TD vs. 2 INTs. People want to talk about Brady's drop in production without Moss, but the most underplayed story is Manning's drop in production without Clark (probably because he is given so much credit because so many other players have gone down).

That said, he did have a good game vs. Washington during that stretch. So it isn't out of the realm of possibilities for him to have a rebound game vs. the Pats this weekend. But Manning isn't the unstoppable juggernaut that he has been in the past.

On the other side of the ball, Freeney and Mathis have had a Jeckyl and Hyde season too. They are dominant at home and not so much on the road. Five of Freeney's six sacks are at home. All four of his forced fumbles are in home games. Mathis is a little more balanced with 4 of his 7.5 sacks being at home.

Of course I'm nervous. Manning is a great quarterback and, when he's hot in that no-huddle offense, he can pick any team apart. In a way, it's like last weekend -- two good teams but one on the road with a point to prove and everyone picking against them.

Last edited:
i would use excited to explain my status

playing Indy is always an 'exciting moment'

tomorrow evening (for us a 10,15 pm game) im will be of course looking the game: Go Pats !

Nervous ? How about terrified.

Manning against the third worst pass defense in the NFL ?

I'll give the Pats the standard 3 point home field advantage, but I think it's going to be a heart attack, last second 38-35 win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back