PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone hear how close to 100% Jordan is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has good power, but at 5-11, 215 lbs he is not that big for a running back. It was tough to tell last game if some of his lesser runs were a product of a lack of quickness or good defensive reads.

If Bob Sanders is back to form, I am not sure it would matter if Jordan played or not. The running yardage would be down. The weakness is the new corner and secondary of the Colts, so Cassel will have to hit his throws to keep Sanders off the line. Hopefully Welker has a big game.

Josh McDaniel said last week that Ben Jarvis Green Ellis is 5-11, 225. That is the same weight he played at last year at Mississippi.

Josh McDaniel said last week that Ben Jarvis Green Ellis is 5-11, 225. That is the same weight he played at last year at Mississippi.

...and for comparison, Sammy Morris is 6-0 220.

expect that he will be throwing the long ball ....or even intermediate ball most of the first half against this D......is not being realistic....

to expect Cassel to go out there gunslinging....is ludicrous......
Cassel won't gunsling. He will do what Brady does. Play a controlled game of check downs and reads and taking what the defense gives him.

Don't confuse throwing deep with gunslinging. The two are not synonymous.

...and for comparison, Sammy Morris is 6-0 220.

I guess my take is at 215 you are 10 pounds heavier than Faulk, who is considered a small back. Green-Ellis also seemed more stretched out weight-wise running last week (less of a human block).

Morris to me is one of the not big/not small power backs like Dillon. A combination of height and decent weight capable of power running with some agility. Jordan seems more of a big back.

Obviously, there is no hard and fast rule - it is just a matter of opinion. I tend to view guys like Campbell, Bettis, Means, and Butts as the big backs - the straight-ahead bulldozer types. You would obviously have to call Jacobs a big back, but with his height he doesn't really fit my perception of the traditional big back.

And again, not a criticism of Green-Ellis, just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes