PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else thinkshe Rob Ryan factor is overplayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not. Because of where I live, I "get" to watch the Cowboys every week :rolleyes::( and Ryan has done a masterful job so far with what he's had to work with.

Outside of Ware, their defense is highly overrated talent-wise and has serious holes. The first 2 games they were missing a bunch of key guys, but Ryan's game plans were brilliant IMO.

If not for Tony Romo's miraculous ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, that team would be 4-0 right now. I think the Pats win in this one, but an upset also wouldn't surprise me at all.

No, Rob Ryan is not overpaid.

I can't say until after sunday's game. But the 'boys record doesn't seem to show he is a major factor.

Joe Haden Sheldon Brown and Eric Wright the browns pretty much had three #1 CB's on that team last and Hillis had 184 yerds rushing, the cowboys have a better front 7 but they dont have the DB's to cover all of the pats WR's and TE's

Joe Haden Sheldon Brown and Eric Wright the browns pretty much had three #1 CB's on that team last and Hillis had 184 yerds rushing, the cowboys have a better front 7 but they dont have the DB's to cover all of the pats WR's and TE's

No one does, that is the very mismatch the Pats are trying to exploit with that offensive formation.

That is to say, the Pats are trying, and have been trying, to create enough passing options as possible with the goal being that the other team can't cover everyone, and that will create opportunities.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. Because of where I live, I "get" to watch the Cowboys every week :rolleyes::( and Ryan has done a masterful job so far with what he's had to work with.

Outside of Ware, their defense is highly overrated talent-wise and has serious holes. The first 2 games they were missing a bunch of key guys, but Ryan's game plans were brilliant IMO.

If not for Tony Romo's miraculous ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, that team would be 4-0 right now. I think the Pats win in this one, but an upset also wouldn't surprise me at all.
An upset would surprise me because 1. the Patriots are better than the Cowboys and 2. it's being played in Foxboro.

It should be a good game nonetheless.

rob ryan's D has been pretty good this year

underrated i'd say

why their OC decided to keep passing while up 27-3 on the lions , was beyond me though

anyway, the ryan's say alot, after dissing calvin johnson, rob doesn't want to stick his foot in his mouth again

It is more to do with ManGINA than Rob Ryan. ManGINA knows too much about Brady, BB and his coaches, their tendencies, schemes, how they prepare for the game and the players.

The Lambasting-by-the-Lake in 2010 was a combination of factors. Manbooblia certainly played a role. It seemed like the Patriots game was the only one he prepared for early in the season. He needs to see someone about his obsessive-compulsive thing with Bill Belichick. Really.

It was a road game against an underwhelming opponent. Possibly the least interesting game on the schedule.

It was also the Pats trying to move past the Randy Moss implosion and trade to the Vikings. It was the first game with Deion Branch back in the fold. It was the greatest game of Peyton Hillis life (184 yards on 29 carries!) and the manhandling of the defensive front seven that foreshadowed the Jets game in the playoffs. And it was Rob Ryan's scheming to disguise defensive fronts.

The Dallas game is at home. It is a marquee matchup of two of the NFL's most prominent teams and owners. It's Romo-Brady. Etc. It's the game before the bye week so no looking past this one. There's no turmoil on the Patriots - everybody is in line and trying to get organized as the post-lockout season moves past the shakedown phase. The Cowboys, not the patriots, have turmoil and doubts about their QB and new head coach. The Cowboys do not have a running game that can keep the offense off the field. Totally different dynamics.

Just saying because all the analyst are using the Cleveland Brown game as a way of how the Cowgirls could beat the Pats. Idk back then our offense was barely clicking together and we got pretty much beat by Peyton Hillis more than anything. I just don't see The Cowgirls keeping the pats under 30 I like the Patriots chances to be 5-1 heading to the bye week.
Default Re: Anyone else thinks the Rob Ryan factor is overplayed?

No, no i don't

Last edited:
Best defense we've seen yet. Ryan was not overplayed at all. Still looks like his brother with a wig though.;)

these ryan brothers play BRADY incredibly well. It is quite ridiculous

Best defense we've seen yet. Ryan was not overplayed at all. Still looks like his brother with a wig though.;)
The guy still has a Mullet. I wonder if the whole family lives in a trailer park?

That defense was easily the best the Pats have faced all year.

It's nice, though, that 2 weeks in a row the Pats have finished the game by driving down the field against the Ryans. Bodes well for the future.

That defense was easily the best the Pats have faced all year.

It's nice, though, that 2 weeks in a row the Pats have finished the game by driving down the field against the Ryans. Bodes well for the future.

I think the wrong Ryan brother is a head coach ... Rob will be a HC somewhere next year.

Just saying because all the analyst are using the Cleveland Brown game as a way of how the Cowgirls could beat the Pats. Idk back then our offense was barely clicking together and we got pretty much beat by Peyton Hillis more than anything. I just don't see The Cowgirls keeping the pats under 30 I like the Patriots chances to be 5-1 heading to the bye week.

Your thoughts now?

The guy still has a Mullet. I wonder if the whole family lives in a trailer park?

Not to get technical here, but he doesn't have a mullet. A mullet is short on the sides and long in the back. He just has all around long, flowing locks.

Apparently, he grows it out and then cuts it off for Locks of Love, which is tough to hate on him for.

Ugh, I've just defended a Ryan. I'll kick my own ass out the door, thanks.

Anyone want to say it's overplayed now?

First time held under 30, and 3 of our points came off a turnover at midfield.

I'll give credit where it's due. That was a very good defensive game plan today. It caused one of the best QB's in the NFL to constantly think all game about what is coming.

I liked what the pats did tho splitting BJGE out wide then bringing him in for the run, letting brady know who was the Mike covering BJGE on some plays there.

I was right about 5-1 at least trololol

I was right about 5-1 at least trololol

Way to go in admitting that 95% of your points in the thread that you created were baseless and proved wrong.:D

Friendly busting. Don't take me seriously. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes