PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else lost interest if Brady's done for year?

• Thread starter ManningOverratedHick
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always a Patriots fan.

Brady has spoiled us all, took for granted winning division and qualifying for play offs.

Now the division is up for grabs.

I will stick with the pats and cheer them on for every game they play this season.

The Patriots are my team.

I love Brady but I will be watching, all year, and the next and the next......

This is a complete bandwagon, BS post.

No matter how you want to spin it or what you've done in the past, there's only 1 word for this: bandwagoner...

That about sums it up. I am too mad to respond to this thread politely.

We had this discussion with some friends last night, and there is no loss of interest. The system will prevail even with TB on the sideline. It will be interesting to see how BB and staff adjust the system to fit Cassel, or whomever they might bring in. The Pats are the Pats. Been cheering them on way before Brady, Bledsoe...or the Kraft era. Not about to stop due to an injury. GO PATS!!!!!!!!

No loss of interest at all..

In fact, this will be one of the more intriguing years in recent pats memory..

Maybe not the superbowl everyone expected..

I think we can go 10-6. I've been through a lot of bad teams, and some that didn't always play hard. I KNOW this group will play hard EVERY week and I'll be there every week.

Last edited:
the interest in the pats is not lost.. The real fans are always going to be fans, and there will still be enough on gameday to slow this site...

The expectations have to be tempered a bit, Casal is no Brady..

The main thing you talking about is the Brady is lost on a freak play, and one of his prime yrs.. Its a loss for a lot of people.. The pats were always going to be there, Brady eventually will not, and we will just have find out what it will be like..

No loss of interest at all..

In fact, this will be one of the more intriguing years in recent pats memory..

Maybe not the superbowl everyone expected..

But hopefully the one they don't expect.

How irritated would the league be if we won it anyway?

We are going to learn a lot about our fellow fans this year. To paraphrase Geno Auriema, there are two kinds of fans who attend games. Fans of the team, and fans of winning. I think most of us are the former. Unfortunately, the OP, and others who have posted in the last 18 hours, are the latter.

I agree with those who think this year will be even more interesting. We're going to see how good a team we really have. Personally, I think we're going to compete in every game and win most of them.

Also, I hope we don't turn to Chris Sims. I'm not at all sure he'd be better than Matt Cassel. I wasn't too thrilled by his pre-season performance, but he did well yesterday. So did Moss, so did Maroney. So did Deltha O'Neill.

What we don't have is excessive expectations and frankly, that's a relief. We get to root for our team and hope they do well. I think they will.

Never. Am I crushed beyond belief? Yes. But I thought Cassell looked OK yesterday, and he's now going to be getting the snaps in practice, so he'll hopefully improve. THis is a team with Welker, Moss and some very good RBs.

In a way, it's interesting because the expectations are so tempered, it will be good to watch football without wanting to puke from nervousness/stress. That said, I'd much rather it never happened, of course.

im ready to pick up the falcons when they put brady on IR later today

it was bound to happen (getting injured) so its time to deal with it

with Brady gone every play will be watched that much more intently. What will really be depressing is when the Pats lose a close game on a failed offensive drive, and we all think to ourselves that we would've won with Brady.

Never. Am I crushed beyond belief? Yes. But I thought Cassell looked OK yesterday, and he's now going to be getting the snaps in practice, so he'll hopefully improve. THis is a team with Welker, Moss and some very good RBs.

In a way, it's interesting because the expectations are so tempered, it will be good to watch football without wanting to puke from nervousness/stress. That said, I'd much rather it never happened, of course.

Yup. You also realize that 2001 was a TEAM experience. Brady was the unknown replacement, and the rest of the team rallied with him and became something that was greater than the sum of the parts.

This situation is no different. Yes, Cassell isn't Brady, but when #12 stepped onto the field to start his first game, he was also not the Brady we now know and love.

People like the OP forget that this team is built on more than one pair of legs and one throwing arm. There are gifted athletes at all positions, and that is a great boon for a back-up player. It will only improve his game.

I never expected another perfect season attempt, but I also don't expect to be sitting home watching reruns in January.

This TEAM will be fine, because it is a TEAM.

Sorry if this has been said before. I'm not all that excited about hanging around the board right now and wallowing.

Of the few good things that will come out of this: the fans that sell their tickets on ticket exchange will be replaced by louder fans, and for at least a few games, I'll be one of them.

I follow lots of players and coaches on this team. Most of them are still there. Each win will now be ever so sweeter. So the answer is absolutely no, I have not lost interest. Not at all.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been said before. I'm not all that excited about hanging around the board right now and wallowing.

Of the few good things that will come out of this: the fans that sell their tickets on ticket exchange will be replaced by louder fans, and for at least a few games, I'll be one of them.

I follow lots of players and coaches on this team. Most of them are still there. Each win will now be ever so sweeter. So the answer is absolutely no, I have not lost interest. Not at all.
In a wierd way, this season will take on a whole new meaning for me. We were talking about this while we listened to the game yesterday. Now the whole season turns into one which will answer the question so many have asked...is it Brady or Bill that is most important to this team. I've always held that it's been BB and now we will possibly see if that's true. I think the Pats still go to the SB with this team.

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch the games, but we've taken for granted that we have the Joe Montana of the 21st century quarterbacking our team. I don't want to see Chris Simms, Tim Rattay, or Matt Cassel limp their way to a 8-8, 9-7 season and a first round loss on wildcard weekend. It's like going out with Oprah after dating Rachel Weisz. We've been spoiled, but as much as I dislike Peyton and the Colts, I wouldn't want to beat the Colts without Manning playing. Unless Drew Brees, Big Ben, or Brett Favre suddenly become available, we aren't going to beat Indy, San Diego, or even the Jets. And we couldn't beat the Broncos even with Brady.

For those who don't call me a true fan, I watched every snap of the 1-15 season. I'm just like the rest of you, lucky and spoiled enough to see a top 5 of all-time quarterback play his position in a way no one in his time has or will for a while to come.

what a wuss!!!!! LMAO stick by your team. Did you think Brady was going to last forever????? This thread is one of the stupidest I have ever seen.

In a wierd way, this season will take on a whole new meaning for me. We were talking about this while we listened to the game yesterday. Now the whole season turns into one which will answer the question so many have asked...is it Brady or Bill that is most important to this team. I've always held that it's been BB and now we will possibly see if that's true. I think the Pats still go to the SB with this team.

I'm not sure you'll be able to answer that question definitively though because you will not have seen Brady play w/o BB.

My thought always was that they each needed each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST